trailer ramps for dovetail

/ trailer ramps for dovetail #1  

workinallthetime

Veteran Member
Tractor
L45 TLB, ZD326P
I want to build some trailer ramps that are attached to the trailer. The kind that slide back and forth and rise up and down. Anyone have any ideas or pics of this type set up?

/ trailer ramps for dovetail #2  
I built a set for a trailer I built years ago. I used a pipe that went across the back of the trailer. I welded sections of a slightly larger pipe to the ramps that slide on the smaller pipe. I simply lifted the ramps and pinned them upright with a piece of flat steel (see pic). Hope this helps.

George

Attachments

• 100_0024 (Small).JPG
    100_0024 (Small).JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 3,403
   / trailer ramps for dovetail
george you are the man thanks dude, nice rig to !!

/ trailer ramps for dovetail #4  
Nice job on ramps. Looks like you chained snowblower down by running chain over pto shaft. Tell me that's not what I'm seeing.:(

/ trailer ramps for dovetail #5  
BTDT said:
Nice job on ramps. Looks like you chained snowblower down by running chain over pto shaft. Tell me that's not what I'm seeing.:(

No, what you didn't see is the grab hooks I added for holding the back of the tractor. see attached. I no longer have that homemade trailer. Sold it last fall and bought my tilt deck trailer.

Attachments

• 100_0679 (Small).JPG
    100_0679 (Small).JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,844
   / trailer ramps for dovetail #6  
Sorry the quality is not in these pictures, It's a cell phone

rearDSC00013.jpg

DSC00005S.jpg

Jim:)

/ trailer ramps for dovetail #7  
George2615 said:
No, what you didn't see is the grab hooks I added for holding the back of the tractor. see attached. I no longer have that homemade trailer. Sold it last fall and bought my tilt deck trailer.

Nice touch.

/ trailer ramps for dovetail #8  
Hey, MrJimi, do you drive up on trailer, spin around and drive down?

/ trailer ramps for dovetail #9  
I would love to try that but my experience level is not up to it yet and I don't think I have the kahunas for that either, would you like to try it? :D
Gee wizz, spell-check can spell kahunas ...
Jim:)

/ trailer ramps for dovetail
thanks for the pic man looks pretty straight foreward, some pipe and some welding. How long has that vette been up in the air in that garage? lol