Ford and Powerstroke Engines

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #2  
Very interesting reading there. If it's true, then GM and Dodge should be smiling. I wonder if it would have to do with the horrific rumors flying about the 6.0 warranties?

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #3  
From another site:

Ford may have a contract with them they are great at not sending all the money for a given shipment. This requires them to chase Ford down for the rest of the money. A super big hassle.

My guess is that Ford estimated an number of 6.4L sales and IH negotiated for that amount of engines. With the economy slowing and the cost of fuel rising/high I bet the sales are lower than Ford had hoped for. Their only recourse is to invent an issue. By Ford paying less than the agreed amount to IH they force IH's hand to stop production. This means that Ford gets what they really want, fewer 6.4L engines, without having to meet their projected monthly commitments. Ford now can sell less trucks which is where the market is at without having to eat the extra production that they estimated and contracted they would need.

Ford is good at shenanigans.

Sadly this hangs IH out to dry as they also have commitments and their suppliers will be the ones to carry the largest losses due to lower volume sales. It usually is the little guys that are hit the hardest. They need to eat the most in less profits.

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #4  
That is kinda sad.:(

I am a Ford truck owner and always have been. I also like the Navistar motors. I hope that they do work it out.

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #5  
I did some research and the stoppage appears to be real. The Detroit Free Press reported an almost identical story. I have heard rumors lately over a disagreement over warranty on the 6.0 engine and wonder is this is how the beast is roaring it's ugly head. I heard (but don't BELIEVE) that a class action suit was going to cause Ford to buy back all the 6.0's. That has got to be bunk at best, but I do believe they have warranty issues there. I too was a Powerstroke owner, but am now glad to have a Cummins.:D

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #7  
The article doesn't surprise me at all. My neighbor wanted to buy a new Ford F-250 with the PowerStroke diesel last year, but his brother-in-law (who is a VP for Ford) advised him NOT to buy any pickup with a diesel engine.

It's too bad there isn't a magic method to combine all the good features of Dodge/Ford/Chevy diesel pickups into one really great machine!!

I owned a 2000 Ford F-350 diesel (7.3 litre) and it was great. Not the best fuel mileage, but it sure could tow. Wish I didn't trade it...in a way. With diesel fuel prices...who knows.

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #8  
power smoke is going up in smoke with the rest of ford, maybe toyota needs a IH engine since they want to be so big?:D

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #9  
International has resumed shipping engines.............. Remember, there are 3 sides to a story, Fords, Internationals and the truth.;)

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #10  
A power play by both companies. Neither side can afford to go at it very long. They will both be back in production before long. Although long term, a break is probably on the horizon.