Dump Trailer for $2500-3500?

/ Dump Trailer for $2500-3500? #1  

GreatWhitehunter

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
Am I out of my tree thinking I can find a used tandem axle low profile dump trailer (with scizzor lift) and three way tailgate for $2500 to $3500? I believe I've seen them (when I wasn't looking for one) for around these prices? I'm in southern New England (since prices depend on region) if that help or anyone is thinking of selling.

Matt T.:D

/ Dump Trailer for $2500-3500? #2  
Matt,
Keep looking and be patient. I've seen some decent used dumps in that price range, but perhaps not exactly what you are looking for. I've found several on Craigslist in that price range.... though i'm not sure if they had split gates or not. I feel you will be able to find something close to what you want, though you may have to modify it slightly after the purchase.... say, make a split gate out of a standard two way gate. I bought my trailer off of Craigslist..... and though its a little lighter than i was looking for, it was in near mint condition. I too will modify my gate come springtime. I paid a scant $2200 for mine, shown in a thread i started here a couple weeks ago.

A word of advice...... when you find one advertised in your price range, CALL ! Go look at it as soon as possible !! One thing i found is that in that price range.... they do not take long to sell.

Scott

/ Dump Trailer for $2500-3500?
I'm not too concerned about the gate. Something like your would be great. Did you find it on Craigslist? I'm looking in the usually places (wantad,ebay,craigslist,etc) But it seems I can't find any low profiles. My neighbor had one of the deckover models and flipped it on the highway. After seeing that I would not get a deckover dump for free. I only plan on hauling materials with it so I'm not too concerned about low gvw( although 7k is a must) I'd like a scizzor lift but not against a cyclinder only.$2200 for a brimar is like stealing. Great find!!

/ Dump Trailer for $2500-3500? #4  
As was said earlier keep a close watch and have money in hand right there. Call asap and go look at it. They really do not last much longer than about 1 or 2 hours around here anyways.

/ Dump Trailer for $2500-3500? #5  
GreatWhitehunter said:
Am I out of my tree thinking I can find a used tandem axle low profile dump trailer (with scizzor lift) and three way tailgate for $2500 to $3500? I believe I've seen them (when I wasn't looking for one) for around these prices? I'm in southern New England (since prices depend on region) if that help or anyone is thinking of selling.
Keep checking the local Want Advertiser (or similar) and eBay. New England is a very tough area for finding decent bargains in dump trailers. In fact, it's a tough place for finding any heavy-duty, high GVWR trailer at a decent price. They are mostly made down south it seems and it's tough to find one here or get one brought up here without paying the "New England" premium. I've been looking for a while now with negative results... although I'm probably looking at something a bit larger than what you had in mind. If all else fails, I'll be picking up a new one from a guy down in Maryland this spring.

Dougster

/ Dump Trailer for $2500-3500? #6  
Unless you've already checked, don't rule out "new". I found a small local trailer shop that made me a 5'x10'x2', 7K, tandem, single hyd cyl (not scizzor), barn doors for ~$2500.

/ Dump Trailer for $2500-3500?
I've checked all the local dealers. I can't touch one for under $4500. There's deckovers cheap enough but that's not what I want. I'll keep my eye's open I know I've seen them for what I want to pay in the past. Before steel went up a dealer was selling load rite 14k 7x14 for $5200 I almost picked one up but I couldn't haul my tractor in it so I thought I'd get an equipment trailer. Now I realize that I need a smaller dumper and the equipment trailer. It's hard here to find decent prices I have all well known brand name trailers in the area. Something like Ductape found would be great.

/ Dump Trailer for $2500-3500? #8  
Matt,
Mine was a Craigslist find. I was also going to look at a #12000 (for $2950)that had been modified a bit.... i think ramps and tiedowns (for a skidsteer) & a few other things, but once i saw the condition of the one i bought, there was no need to look any further. I recommend checking the "boston" Craigslist frequently... as long as you are willing to travel that far. Also, if you are willing to travel a little further.... i'd recommend Uncle Henry's - Classifieds : SEARCH
I have found many good deals in Uncle Henry's ! Tractor stuff too. I think that some of the folks up in Maine don't realize what their used stuff is worth to us people from "down below" ! I've seen several used dumps for short money in Uncle Henry's.... though i was not quick enough to call. Keep looking.... and i recomend forgetting Ebay. I have yet to see a deal on a dump north of New Jersey.

Good luck !!!

Scott

/ Dump Trailer for $2500-3500? #9  
GWH, They come up, but I could never catch one. We finally just bit the bullet and went new.

I always seemed to be a day late and a dollar short when it came to the used ones.

I did see a flyer for a new deckover 7Kgvw for $2500 a day or two ago. Not sure if they have the low version available. I will try and remember to grab the name on the flyer next time I am by that dealer.

/ Dump Trailer for $2500-3500? #10  
I am in Western Md. and I looked for one in that price range for quite a while. Like you I wanted a scissor lift. I could not find any at all. That is not to say they are not out there. I ended up buying a 12k 7x12 scissorlift, with all the bells and whistles for $5,300 brand new. I do know that the Hawke brnad sells 10K's with a scissor lift for around $4,700 brand new. I believe the dealer I called also said he had some used ones also. Might want to give them a call and see what they have.
Just google "Hawke dump trailers" and their site will give you a list of dealers in your area...