New Trailer arrived, Econoling 25' GN TILT trailer

/ New Trailer arrived, Econoling 25' GN TILT trailer #1  

LoneCowboy

Veteran Member
It's Econoline, not ling, I can't spell, sorry, it won't let me edit the title

So, it finally arrived (and it's 24 degrees with freezing rain, i'll get your pics tomorrow :p , good thing we have global warming)

So i went down to pick it up

I bought this particular model because I needed a 25' deck and this model was the only thing I found that has no dovetail. All the rest have a 25' deck plus a 5' dovetail (for a 30' long trailer). Plus, i figured it would be fast to load (no ramps, easier for the wife).

It's very cool
I've never had a gooseneck and well, after hauling it back, I'm sold. I can see I'd never buy a bumper pull again. Pulls SOOOOOOOOOO much better. Turns quicker, and backs up oddly, but I'll get used to it, after 20 years of bumper pulls.

Basically this, although mine is white.
Econoline Trailers - Viewing 7 Ton Tandem Axles Gooseneck Tilt Technical Specifications

/ New Trailer arrived, Econoling 25' GN TILT trailer #2  
That is a very nice trailer. I would love to have one. I have an old 20’ gooseneck with ramps that are super heavy and bent. That tilt would be great. I also have an old gooseneck stock trailer that I have been amazed at the small places I can get that into because of the gooseneck.

Do be careful to widen your turns. My wife has only used the gooseneck once and unless there is an emergency she probably won’t use it again. First she turned out of the driveway normally and drug the trailer though the ditch on the side of the driveway. Then she turned into the lower driveway and drug the trailer through that ditch also. Next she turned up the road and hit a tractor implement on the side of the road with the fender of the trailer. That bent the fender into the tires so she had to get the skid steer and pull the fender out. On top of that she hadn’t locked down the gooseneck so when the trailer hit the implement the trailer came loose from the ball and smashed the truck tailgate. All this happened on our own driveways in about 400 yards.

Also be careful going down something steep. It is possible that the gooseneck can hit the bed rails of a standard bed. Drivers of flatbeds don’t need to worry about this. I have come close to doing this and I have a friend that flattened his bedrails this way.

Eric

/ New Trailer arrived, Econoling 25' GN TILT trailer #3  
I really like the looks of that trailer with the tilt. Nice easy slope/tilt.

/ New Trailer arrived, Econoling 25' GN TILT trailer
Pics
It's a wee hard to load a tractor on a wet (snowy) slick deck. Thinking I need some traction sticks or something. I had to take a run at it, 4wd and locked differential. It was exciting. :rolleyes:

Anyway
fully down, and some fat guy (me. :eek: ) on it loaded.
Slicker than snot.

Attachments

• P1004099.jpg
    P1004099.jpg
    672 KB · Views: 622
  • P1004100.jpg
    P1004100.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 628
   / New Trailer arrived, Econoling 25' GN TILT trailer #5  
When you said white, I thought about it and now I see it, thats nice. Is your cylinder like a shock? and when the PT wears off your deck, it will be fine and get some white touch-up paint to stop all those little nicks
Good looking trailer
Jim:)

/ New Trailer arrived, Econoling 25' GN TILT trailer #6  
Nice trailer. Any idea what it weighs in at? What are you pulling it with? Please keep us posted as you get to working with it.

I worked for a company that had a couple of Econoline tag alongs, one was a seven ton and the other a sixteen ton as I recall. Mostly, they were used for moving skid loaders and those job site all terrain high lifts. The bloom was long off the rose but those trailers kept on ticking.

/ New Trailer arrived, Econoling 25' GN TILT trailer #7  
Brian,
I had a problem slipping on the beaver tail of my gooseneck. I bought some 1/2"x 1/2" angle steel and bolted them across the slanted part. Gives me plenty of traction. Sorry about the pic, had to clear the snow for the shot. Perhaps you could do something similar. If it's still too hard and slippery to load you could always give that trailer to me. (ha ha). Or I'll swap you trailers.

Attachments

• tractor cleats.jpg
    tractor cleats.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 401
   / New Trailer arrived, Econoling 25' GN TILT trailer #8  
I don't live in snow country but would it be worth it to paint on a anti skid type surface to help with traction...thick paint with sand or something bigger.

Nice trailer:), looks good and stable and it should pull very nice with a load.

/ New Trailer arrived, Econoling 25' GN TILT trailer
QRTRHRS said:
Nice trailer. Any idea what it weighs in at? What are you pulling it with? Please keep us posted as you get to working with it.

worked with it today.
Slicker than snot
took 2 seconds to unload. Roll back til the tilt starts going up, wait for it to finish (it's got a dampening cylinder, so it's slow and doesn't slam down), then drive off.
Awesome.
repeat to load. I had the wife take it off so we could switch implements and she was like "awesome, I hate those other evil ramps (heavy)"

I would bet it weighs around 5000lbs empty. Seems pretty common for a 25' GN and that's what the econoline guy told me. Feels like it when hauling.

I'm pulling it with a 2006 Chevy 2500HD regular cab Duramax/allison .

I've tried the paint with sand trick on the other trailer, it doesn't seem to stick to the pressure treated lumber. Not sure what else to do.

/ New Trailer arrived, Econoling 25' GN TILT trailer #10  
That is a sweet looking trailer. What does that run $$ if you don't mind. How does the 3/4 ton handle the trailer. I have been looking for a trailer for my tractor and after all the GN post I'm really considering one. I was on the tilt bed track for awhile but one dealer talked me out of it since he claimed they weren't good if you wanted to load more than just your tractor. He also said that the dampner tilts were a pain. Not having one I'd appreciate your input. As for the GN towing was it that big of a difference than a bumper pull? Did you install the GN hitch? How about the in bed wiring harness? Any pics. I haven't seen too many harness kits for the GN installs. I was thinking on getting the B&W turnoverball setup. What did you go with? And thing I should look out for on the GN trailers?

Matt T.:D