Dealer TYM dealer experiences

/ TYM dealer experiences #1  

Mike5252

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2320
What has everyone's experience been w/ TYM dealers?

I spoke w/ my local TYM dealer in NE Ohio a couple weeks ago and placed an order for a T273 w/ loader. We settled on a price and I sent him a check for 1/2 to order the tractor just at 2 weeks ago.

Since that time I have called numerous times to confirm their receipt of my check and inquire as to estimated delivery date. Their phone is only picked up sporadically, and usually then by a secretary who by her own admission really doesn't know much. She has confirmed they received my check, but can't really say anything else.

How hard would it be to return my call and give me a simple update on where things stand? I'm starting to think they want to renegotiate the deal we struck.

If this is representative of the dealer support they have nationally, they would be much better off with a direct sale business model more like Dell.

Interested in thoughts / comments.

Frustrated in Ohio.

/ TYM dealer experiences #2  
My experience was pretty good. The dealer was busy quite often, but that did not stop me from calling.. Just stick with it and let him know the importance of man's word if he tries to back out. I am betting you wont have any trouble. Good luck

/ TYM dealer experiences #3  
This is a lot of money and I would stay on top of it. Don't know or care to know who the dealer is but if you are having trouble getting info I would go down there.

TYM has some great dealers for sure. The folks I know have been dealers for some years now and have great reputations. Who knows, maybe there are some extenuating(sp?) circumstances but I sure would follow up.

Maka

/ TYM dealer experiences #4  
As I posted earlier, I was surprised by the lethargic response of my local CUT dealers (especially in a down market) :confused: or their push to get me to buy a Jinma, or another tractor that had been on their lot for 3 years or more.
So I kept looking until I found a dealer with a good reputation, fresh stock, one that answered all my questions, and made me feel like he wanted my business and was actually 'ready' to do business.
I agree with Maka .... you really should go to your dealer and get some answers in person, and if you don't get the response you expect, then get back/cancel the check, and keep looking.
There 'are' good TYM dealers out there.
Sometimes (as in myyaz33's experience) a busy dealer is a good indication.

/ TYM dealer experiences
Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of options in my area. All the dealers within a about 100 miles all do something else and this is just a side business.

I did finally speak w/ the owner this morning. No real explanation on why it had taken him so long to return my call, but confirmed the tractor has been ordered and should be in next week.

He did say TYM had tried to change the price, but that they had decided to honor it. I suspect it would be more accurate to say THE DEALER was trying to change the price.

Anyway, seemed like a nice guy. We're both traveling next week, but set a time the following week to come down and see the tractor and mowers they have available.

I'm cautiously optimisitc.

/ TYM dealer experiences #6  
Mike5252 said:
What has everyone's experience been w/ TYM dealers?
Interested in thoughts / comments.

Frustrated in Ohio.

I hope it works out for you. The new TYM pricing program was very attractive. I still see new ad coming out with the $11995 price for a T273. I wanted to get one now. However, I got the same frustrating experience like you. So far, all the "local" dealers I called or visited have 1+ year old inventory on their lot that are scatched, dented, faded, earlier "made in china" models. They all want to sell me what they got on the lot. If I want to order a new one, they want to add freight and prep fees on top of the sale price. All of these dealers are auto repair shops. Tractor is not their main business.

I don't know if this is true... One dealer told me that he only make $1000 profit on selling at the promotion price. So, he doesn't mind selling me whatever he already got on the lot because TYM owns the tractor. If he has to order a new one from TYM, it will cost him $1100 freight and assembly fee. He will lose $100 on the deal if he sells at promotion price. That may be one reason why they don't have any incentive selling these tractors. Now I can see this low price promotion was really to move existing inventory on the dealer's lot. So, if you are lucky and happen to have a dealer near you sold these tractor on a regular basis, he would have fresh stock on the lot. My only option is to do what flyer91 did, buy from a good dealer out-of-state and pay the shipping charges.

/ TYM dealer experiences #7  
Kinda stinks Mike. I personally had a great experience buying my T273 w/ FEL. I had looked at Mahindra, Kubota, and MF and was ready to pull the trigger on a K. I then sat on a T273, saw the price and closed the deal. I ended up buying from Steve at ValleyView (Oregon) for $11,400 and free delivery. Perhaps you're right that the real "deals" can only be found at dealerships that have been able to move inventory and reordering newer model-year tractors. I know for a fact that Steve actually drove to Redmond, Oregon (TYM's west coast hub and distribution center) and picked up 6-7 of the T273/233's that he'd already sold. Maybe another dealer like Maka would have some ideas about who else in Ohio might be able to sell you a "this years" model at the new pricing. . .
Good luck. They're great tractors!
Pete

/ TYM dealer experiences #8  
Hey guys, this is tuff. We move our inventory quickly and don't have a bunch of older machines on the lot. I don't know the dealers you guys have been dealing with but go to Capital Press, do a search of TYM in the search feature and the TYM add will come up in color .pdf. This will give you a complete list of the dealers who are selling the K2's at these prices.

I would start here.

Thanks,
Maka

/ TYM dealer experiences #9  
Maka said:
Hey guys, this is tuff. We move our inventory quickly and don't have a bunch of older machines on the lot. I don't know the dealers you guys have been dealing with but go to Capital Press, do a search of TYM in the search feature and the TYM add will come up in color .pdf. This will give you a complete list of the dealers who are selling the K2's at these prices.

I would start here.

Thanks,
Maka

I found out about the special pricing through the ad at Capital Press someone mention here in another thread. The dealers I visited were the ones on that ad. Well, the ad did have a little fine print on the freight and prep charges. Dealers in Oregon seem to be very happy selling at the promotion price or even less if you count the rebate for not using their financing. I hope TYM will keep this program going a little longer. I'm going to make a trip up to Oregon when I get some time off from off.

/ TYM dealer experiences #10  
We sell them at the promo prices here in Idaho as well. I don't know what they are doing down there but this program has stimulated sales and we are happy to do it.

Maka