New member, new tractor

/ New member, new tractor #11  
myyaz, the jump from about 30 hp to 43 has been an eye opener! I've already sheared the shear pin on my 6ft. mower by running over an old dirt jump my son had built for his quad. I've done this before with my N and it would just stall the tractor. As the mower has a 40 horse trans., I'm going to have to be a little more careful. One of my first jobs was to "dismantle" all those jumps. The T made it easy.
Those big R4's make a small foot print- much less than the ag tires on my much lighter N. Besides, it's pasture and it won't do any worse than what the cows or horses do during the winter. Traction is a problem. I aired down the rear tires and keep my 6ft. box on, but I use 4x4 when doing heavy work. I find that works well in keeping me hooked up but I'll probably be filling the tires someday.
Thus far, I'm very pleased with my new toy.

I run into the same stall issue when brush hogging and wish I had more hp for that task. I end up mowing a bit higher either by raising the 3pt or adjusting the hydraulic top link.

Any plans to use it in the yard?

I must say, that seat looks really nice compared to the K2 series seat.. I think you got a pretty good deal on the tractor from some of the prices I have seen on that model.

Last edited: