upgrade 273 tire to 293

/ upgrade 273 tire to 293 #1  

myyaz33

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T273
Anyone ever interested enough to price changing out there tires and rims on their 273 with the larger ones like on the 293?

Last edited:
   / upgrade 273 tire to 293 #2  
I did not realize that the 293 had a different size tire

/ upgrade 273 tire to 293 #3  
No, but I wanted a bigger tire plus an ag tire so I went with this one on the back.

Titan® Tire catalog

I think its about 2" taller than stock.

I went with a bigger tire on the front also.
It was a trupower Ag tire 23x10.50-12 It stands about 1.5" taller than the stock tire.
The ag tires make a big difference in pulling a disc and loader work.

/ upgrade 273 tire to 293
I don't think I am wanting to go to AG tires, but would really like to get a sense of how much better traction is on a 293 vs 273. Boxblading, pulverizer & pushing snow are the tasks I need that for. Also would be nice to have the extra clearance when the backhoe is on.

If money were no object, I'd just keep 2 sets of wheels handy. Actually, I probably just have multiple tractors if that was the case.

/ upgrade 273 tire to 293 #5  
I don't have anything to compare it to but the tires on my 293 have done a great job in the snow. I have a very steep and windy paved driveway about 2000' long. Most of the time, I just plow pulling my 6' rear blade at an angle. With dry snow I have had no problems plowing 10" off the road this way. 2 days ago we had about 10" of really heavy wet snow so I turned the blade around and pushed the snow while heading down hill. It was really heavy but worked fine. I got stuck for a minute and though I might actually have to get the chains on to get out but with the diff locked I was finally able to get back on the road. Honestly, I was really surprised at how well the tires did in that kind of snow. I have chains for all 4 wheels but have never had to use them yet.
As far as grading goes I have yet to ever have a traction problem even when digging in really deep with a 6' blade. My rears are filled with RG which I think really helps as well.
Since I have not used or even seen the tires on the 273 I don't know if there is that much of a difference traction wise.

/ upgrade 273 tire to 293 #6  
Anyone ever interested enough to price changing out there tires and rims on their 273 with the larger ones like on the 293?

My dealer charged me 300.00 for that upgrade.

/ upgrade 273 tire to 293 #7  
Wish I could find a dealer who would do that.. $300 ?!?! helluva deal