TYM T233

/ TYM T233 #1  

frjeff

Seriously considering a T233, primarily for garden tilling and snow removal.

My nearest dealer is 113 miles. I'm in MI.

Before I make that drive, can anyone share current pricing on the 233 and 273?

My gratitude.

J

/ TYM T233 #2  
Seriously considering a T233, primarily for garden tilling and snow removal.

My nearest dealer is 113 miles. I'm in MI.

Before I make that drive, can anyone share current pricing on the 233 and 273?

My gratitude.

J

I am not sure about current pricing, but I paid around 11.5k for my 273. I would guess that the 233 would be 10.5k-11k depending on location. That did include a loader. I really think you should price the 273 or 293 while you are checking pricing. The extra hp is worth it to me.

/ TYM T233 #3  
I purchased my T233, with a front end loader, from a dealer in North Carolina in November, 2010 for $9,500. Guess it was considered "used" but it only had 9 hours! I started it this past weekend for the first time since November and it fired right up (I have kept the battery stored in a shed during the cold weather). Used the FEL to spread chicken litter on my deer plots and it ran like a top!

/ TYM T233 #4  
I purchased my T233, with a front end loader, from a dealer in North Carolina in November, 2010 for $9,500. Guess it was considered "used" but it only had 9 hours! I started it this past weekend for the first time since November and it fired right up (I have kept the battery stored in a shed during the cold weather). Used the FEL to spread chicken litter on my deer plots and it ran like a top!

Buying close to the hq/distribution center should help on price due to shipping I would imagine.

/ TYM T233 #5  
The TYM dealer's prices seemed high. The dealer is in Fenton. He was really pushing the Branson's he also sells.

/ TYM T233
The TYM dealer's prices seemed high. The dealer is in Fenton. He was really pushing the Branson's he also sells.

Yup, spoke with the same dealer....... very proud of the TYM's :mad:

Fr Jeff

/ TYM T233 #7  
Seems like all michigan dealers are pricing things high. The LS dealer near Tawas was $2k higher than many out of state dealers for most models. Granted, I want to support michigan business but not at a 20% premium.

In all fairness, I only contacted the dealers over the phone as I didn't have a whole day to crisscross the state. Maybe they didn't take me seriously. I remember being taught to always quote competetively for telephone quotes vs. in person when I was selling tires.

/ TYM T233
Seems like all michigan dealers are pricing things high. The LS dealer near Tawas was $2k higher than many out of state dealers for most models. Granted, I want to support michigan business but not at a 20% premium.

In all fairness, I only contacted the dealers over the phone as I didn't have a whole day to crisscross the state. Maybe they didn't take me seriously. I remember being taught to always quote competetively for telephone quotes vs. in person when I was selling tires.

Was the LS dealer Nagy's near Omer?

Jeff

/ TYM T233 #9  
Yes it was. I was quoted 16.9k financed and 14.9k "cash" for the S3010. I have seen countless dealers hawking these for 12.5 to 13.0 for "cash".

Now, I did not haggle on the phone. I'm sure there is wiggle room but I doubt we'll be on the same page if they are asking 14.9k (includes delivery -- probably statewide). I'm not even sure if that was for a 2011 model. I have seen many of the out-of-state 12k priced ones to be unsold 2008's, 9's, and some 10's.

The more I look online, I drool at the sight of a i3030 compared the the S3010. TYM is still on my list though for the right price...

/ TYM T233 #10  
I have been keeping up on the TYM programs since I purchased a T330 and they have had some good programs in the past. On the smaller units a couple years ago they had a price buster program which offered a big savings. Last summer they had free loaders on most models. On the 233 or 293 I would guess it would have been around a $3,000 savings. Hopefully they will have another program like that this spring. I dont know a lot about the LS tractors but I can say I have been very happy with my T330. :)