Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default TYM T233

    Seriously considering a T233, primarily for garden tilling and snow removal.

    My nearest dealer is 113 miles. I'm in MI.

    Before I make that drive, can anyone share current pricing on the 233 and 273?

    My gratitude.

    J

  2. #2
    Platinum Member myyaz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    602
    Location
    Nebraska
    Tractor
    TYM T273

    Default Re: TYM T233

    Quote Originally Posted by frjeff View Post
    Seriously considering a T233, primarily for garden tilling and snow removal.

    My nearest dealer is 113 miles. I'm in MI.

    Before I make that drive, can anyone share current pricing on the 233 and 273?

    My gratitude.

    J
    I am not sure about current pricing, but I paid around 11.5k for my 273. I would guess that the 233 would be 10.5k-11k depending on location. That did include a loader. I really think you should price the 273 or 293 while you are checking pricing. The extra hp is worth it to me.
    - TYM T273, BT200 Backhoe, LT200 Quick Attach FEL-

  3. #3
    Gold Member vabiker23518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    356
    Location
    Keysville, VA
    Tractor
    TM233

    Default Re: TYM T233

    I purchased my T233, with a front end loader, from a dealer in North Carolina in November, 2010 for $9,500. Guess it was considered "used" but it only had 9 hours! I started it this past weekend for the first time since November and it fired right up (I have kept the battery stored in a shed during the cold weather). Used the FEL to spread chicken litter on my deer plots and it ran like a top!

  4. #4
    Platinum Member myyaz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    602
    Location
    Nebraska
    Tractor
    TYM T273

    Default Re: TYM T233

    Quote Originally Posted by vabiker23518 View Post
    I purchased my T233, with a front end loader, from a dealer in North Carolina in November, 2010 for $9,500. Guess it was considered "used" but it only had 9 hours! I started it this past weekend for the first time since November and it fired right up (I have kept the battery stored in a shed during the cold weather). Used the FEL to spread chicken litter on my deer plots and it ran like a top!
    Buying close to the hq/distribution center should help on price due to shipping I would imagine.
    - TYM T273, BT200 Backhoe, LT200 Quick Attach FEL-

  5. #5
    Silver Member tigers2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    111
    Location
    Michigan
    Tractor
    John Deere AMT626, New Holland LS45

    Default

    The TYM dealer's prices seemed high. The dealer is in Fenton. He was really pushing the Branson's he also sells.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." -Thomas Jefferson
    "Enjoy every sandwich" - Warren Zevon

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: TYM T233

    Quote Originally Posted by tigers2007 View Post
    The TYM dealer's prices seemed high. The dealer is in Fenton. He was really pushing the Branson's he also sells.
    Yup, spoke with the same dealer....... very proud of the TYM's

    Fr Jeff

  7. #7
    Silver Member tigers2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    111
    Location
    Michigan
    Tractor
    John Deere AMT626, New Holland LS45

    Default

    Seems like all michigan dealers are pricing things high. The LS dealer near Tawas was $2k higher than many out of state dealers for most models. Granted, I want to support michigan business but not at a 20% premium.

    In all fairness, I only contacted the dealers over the phone as I didn't have a whole day to crisscross the state. Maybe they didn't take me seriously. I remember being taught to always quote competetively for telephone quotes vs. in person when I was selling tires.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." -Thomas Jefferson
    "Enjoy every sandwich" - Warren Zevon

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: TYM T233

    Quote Originally Posted by tigers2007 View Post
    Seems like all michigan dealers are pricing things high. The LS dealer near Tawas was $2k higher than many out of state dealers for most models. Granted, I want to support michigan business but not at a 20% premium.

    In all fairness, I only contacted the dealers over the phone as I didn't have a whole day to crisscross the state. Maybe they didn't take me seriously. I remember being taught to always quote competetively for telephone quotes vs. in person when I was selling tires.
    Was the LS dealer Nagy's near Omer?

    Jeff

  9. #9
    Silver Member tigers2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    111
    Location
    Michigan
    Tractor
    John Deere AMT626, New Holland LS45

    Default Re: TYM T233

    Yes it was. I was quoted 16.9k financed and 14.9k "cash" for the S3010. I have seen countless dealers hawking these for 12.5 to 13.0 for "cash".

    Now, I did not haggle on the phone. I'm sure there is wiggle room but I doubt we'll be on the same page if they are asking 14.9k (includes delivery -- probably statewide). I'm not even sure if that was for a 2011 model. I have seen many of the out-of-state 12k priced ones to be unsold 2008's, 9's, and some 10's.

    The more I look online, I drool at the sight of a i3030 compared the the S3010. TYM is still on my list though for the right price...
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." -Thomas Jefferson
    "Enjoy every sandwich" - Warren Zevon

  10. #10
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    182
    Tractor
    TYM T330HST, T503hst cab, some antique tractors , Bob-Cat zero turn mower

    Default Re: TYM T233

    I have been keeping up on the TYM programs since I purchased a T330 and they have had some good programs in the past. On the smaller units a couple years ago they had a price buster program which offered a big savings. Last summer they had free loaders on most models. On the 233 or 293 I would guess it would have been around a $3,000 savings. Hopefully they will have another program like that this spring. I dont know a lot about the LS tractors but I can say I have been very happy with my T330.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. tym t233 ball joints
    By tym233me in forum TYM Owning/Operating
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 12:40 PM
  2. Mowing Anyone with a T233 or T273 and TYM belly mower?
    By novi408 in forum TYM Owning/Operating
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 01:54 PM
  3. TYM 903 Update
    By Slippy in forum TYM Owning/Operating
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 06:58 PM
  4. TYM T233 for sale $9500 Taylor TX
    By sands in forum TYM Owning/Operating
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 11:39 PM
  5. TYM T903 Info
    By Slippy in forum TYM Owning/Operating
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 10:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.