Comparison TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #11  
Bobcat is now offering a free loader. I think the program just started. I'd check back with them on that if it wasn't clearly in place when you got your quote.

Yes hydraulic GPM is about cycle time, except for hydraulic motorized things, like winches. You say you are in no hurry, but I think you'll change your mind if you buy a tractor that is very slow. Slow cyce times can really be frustrating and lead to long hours doing what could be done in half the time. And for backhoe work, where you are operating multiple actions at the same time that really sucks GPM, some backhoes can be real slow. Not saying TYM is slow. It seemed OK when I tested it. But, if you can faster hydraulics without paying extra, why not?

When I was shopping the TYM's were actually more money than Kioti. That may no longer be the case, as K's have gone up in recent years. From some of the internet pricing I've seen the TYM TLBs are being quoted about $1500 less, but that's without the free loader program on the BC/Kioti.

The good thing is that most everyone is making a good tractor. So, hard to go wrong, really.

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE
Gittyup, Yes, I was hoping to make it to the homeshow where my local Bobcat dealer was displaying at a booth, but the weekend slipped me by....this week I'll stop by on my way to see some customers I have out that way
As to Kioti, gonna take a ride to the next state over this week or next to see Pat's Power (Kioti) and Allen's seed (TYM)...I got some nice sticker shock yesterday JD 2320 tlb at $21500+tx...and a good argument for going smaller w/ a CC yanmar 2450 tlb at 14995+1k shipping...As to cycle times, I know I want as much GPM as I can get, and at this point in time w/ my finances, if I have to spend 3K more for a small dirt mover ie, tym t233, ck20, mahindra 2516? (I think thats there smallest tlb machine) I may need to take solace in the fact that even a 5.6GPM machine is better than a shovel, my back and a wheelbarrow...hard to do, but we'll see about how I feel after I file my taxes, hopefully tonight, but maybe "manana"...
Quick question illustrating my ignorance, but if I'm using the backhoe with the tractor stationary, does the power steering and transmission still drain hydraulic flow from the backhoe?:confused3:

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #13  
Quick question illustrating my ignorance, but if I'm using the backhoe with the tractor stationary, does the power steering and transmission still drain hydraulic flow from the backhoe?:confused3:

I'm no expert, but I'd say neither steering nor tranny add much load when not in active use.

There nothing wrong with the 3 little tractors you mentioned. They'll all move some dirt quite well, including backhoeing. If the T233 is the same price as the CK20, I'd go for the TYM to get the extra horses. But, I'm guessing the CK will be less. I lot of folks seem to like the Massey subcut TLB. You might want to check that out. Yep, the JD's are expensive. And the 2320 is smallish, I think. I do like it as a mower. But would go up to the 2520 for a TLB.

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE
Yeah, its unfortunate that the markup is so high for Green, as I do like the ability to walk up to the parts counter (5 miles away) to buy the 3 cluster gear for my 71 110, but I imagine even Deere doesn't control their parts supply for the yanmar tractors they sell these days anyway.
Funny that you mention the GC2410 as its pretty much my 1st choice if I decide to go smallest instead of small...I wonder how they are able to generate the extra HP at 2500rpm and GPMs as opposed to all the other sub-cuts and yet have less 3pt lift then them, makes me wonder about some of these manufacturers specs, that said everyone I've spoken to w/one believes them to be stronger than the others, and based on my observations I agree. + I like steel over plastic just my preference, no biggy as plastic has its upside also...
looks like due diligence will require I look at the Mahindra 2516 also....bobcat tomorrow or Friday and hopefully Kioti Saturday

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #15  
Just heard today that TYM terminated all their independant reps. I was in the process of signing on as a dealer but after getting a bit gunshy over the farmtrac fiasco, I'm not so sure. anybody hearing anything?:confused:

Taxpayer

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #16  
Just heard today that TYM terminated all their independant reps. I was in the process of signing on as a dealer but after getting a bit gunshy over the farmtrac fiasco, I'm not so sure. anybody hearing anything?:confused:

Taxpayer

where did you hear this??? i thought all their sales people are independant reps??

ive never seen a TYM sales lot that didnt also sell other tractors

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #17  
where did you hear this??? i thought all their sales people are independant reps??

ive never seen a TYM sales lot that didnt also sell other tractors
It came straight from one of the terminated Reps. we were in the process of signing all the paperwork to become a dealer but, I haven't heard a word from TYM this week. there is supposed to be some sort of meeting of upper management this week in NC. I thought TYM was one of the more reliable companies out there. I hope that does not turn out to be untrue.
I just don't know what to believe anymore.

Taxpayer

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #18  
It came straight from one of the terminated Reps. we were in the process of signing all the paperwork to become a dealer but, I haven't heard a word from TYM this week. there is supposed to be some sort of meeting of upper management this week in NC. I thought TYM was one of the more reliable companies out there. I hope that does not turn out to be untrue.
I just don't know what to believe anymore.

Taxpayer

or that guy was terminated due to lack of sales. i really cant believe that they would dump all the ind reps...that would take a real hit to their presence out there.

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #19  
or that guy was terminated due to lack of sales. i really cant believe that they would dump all the ind reps...that would take a real hit to their presence out there.
I thought that might be the case also but, I was assured it was indeed ALL independant Reps.I think they probably want all their reps to be company men. most MFG distributors won't use independant reps anyway. they have more control over them that way.the rep I was dealing with is one of the best in the business but, he also reped several lines.

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #20  
From what I have herd they are switching to company reps this year and moving away from independant reps. This is the same thing all of the larger brands have done for years. It sounds like they are growing not getting smaller. When I was at Louisville this year they had a new T500 model, a new T503 with hydro trans, and a front snowblower on a T293 with a cab. These were all new from the 2010 show. It sounds like they a just going throgh some growing pains.