Comparison TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #21  
We have TYM 330 HST with little over 300 hour. Only issue was leaky oil sight on the transmission. Got new one for free and replaced that in less than 5 minutes. I have one complain though. Radiator is very hard to clean especially when FEL is installed.

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE
Thanks for the Feedback Redneck and BKJohns:thumbsup:
GittyUp, I was at the Bobcat dealer Wednesday, salesman was out but another employee showed me around, told me CT225 was smallest BH capable they offered, i asked twice, same answer ( I think he's wrong), left my card for sales guy to call me back (no reply yet) After demoing the 225 though I was smiling its a very well made and thought out machine I particularly like the placement of loader hoses and control, but thats too big and $$ for my needs.
I'm hoping either of the two TYM dealers will reply to my visits two weeks ago soon...but I'm also hoping to go see a dealer in RI tomorrow, but may not have the time.
I wonder if I'm doing something wrong, I've visited 4 dealers in the last 3 weeks, looked listened and drove their tractors, none have been able to quote me yet except the JD dealer and the out of state guy I contacted about the CC yanmar and at least he followed up with me today after I didn't call back on Monday (busy week, blown well pump, 3 kids, stuck running the production side at work and covering sales/office etc). Should I be more forceful in getting pricing while I'm there? Or do they want me to hound them? I'm in Sales so I try to give others the respect I never get, but it doesn't seem to be working:laughing:

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #23  
GittyUp, I was at the Bobcat dealer Wednesday, salesman was out but another employee showed me around, told me CT225 was smallest BH capable they offered, i asked twice, same answer ( I think he's wrong), left my card for sales guy to call me back (no reply yet) After demoing the 225 though I was smiling its a very well made and thought out machine I particularly like the placement of loader hoses and control, but thats too big and $$ for my needs.
I'm hoping either of the two TYM dealers will reply to my visits two weeks ago soon...but I'm also hoping to go see a dealer in RI tomorrow, but may not have the time.
I wonder if I'm doing something wrong, I've visited 4 dealers in the last 3 weeks, looked listened and drove their tractors, none have been able to quote me yet except the JD dealer and the out of state guy I contacted about the CC yanmar and at least he followed up with me today after I didn't call back on Monday (busy week, blown well pump, 3 kids, stuck running the production side at work and covering sales/office etc). Should I be more forceful in getting pricing while I'm there? Or do they want me to hound them? I'm in Sales so I try to give others the respect I never get, but it doesn't seem to be working:laughing:
I think you're doing everthing right. I like what you said about the vibration in the TYM. If it doesn't feel right, don't buy it. Vibration along with heat are the 2 biggest challenges to overcome for an engineer.
If these guys won't call you back now how will they treat you when you have a warranty issue? Just keep doing what you're doing and narrowing it down.
Perhaps you should consider a used machine if your dealers are that non responsive. Try and get the best deal you can on a machine with low hours that fits your needs.
Stay the course you won't regret it. No tractor is better than an inoperative one.,
Good luck

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #24  

Don't know about the CT122 having a backhoe or not. But, the Kioti CK20 surely does. I'd be real surprised if the TYM's are really cheaper by an appreciable amount too. Also keep in mind that that "big" tractor will get smaller and smaller the more you use it. I walk by mine now and think how small it is (and it's way big for my property).

As far as getting quotes, some salesman are just lazy. Don't want to do the work to gen-up a quote. All you can do is let them know that you are serious. Tell them you are going to buy in the next week or two and that you want to buy from them (even if you might not), but you need a quote as you are not a wealthy man and price is an important factor. Then buy from those that are most responsive.

I wouldn't be afraid of long distance purchases either. I bought mine from Wallace. He's over 250 miles away! So, I'd at least talk to the on-line sellers. There are a couple of good TYM dealers on here too.

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #25  
I bet you will hear back from your TYM dealer soon as I hear they are having their national dealer meeting this week.

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #26  
We have TYM 330 HST with little over 300 hour. Only issue was leaky oil sight on the transmission. Got new one for free and replaced that in less than 5 minutes. I have one complain though. Radiator is very hard to clean especially when FEL is installed.

I have the same issue with my 233; I've found using a leaf blower clears out most of the stuff.

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #27  
I think you're doing everthing right. I like what you said about the vibration in the TYM. If it doesn't feel right, don't buy it. Vibration along with heat are the 2 biggest challenges to overcome for an engineer.
If these guys won't call you back now how will they treat you when you have a warranty issue? Just keep doing what you're doing and narrowing it down.
Perhaps you should consider a used machine if your dealers are that non responsive. Try and get the best deal you can on a machine with low hours that fits your needs.
Stay the course you won't regret it. No tractor is better than an inoperative one.,
Good luck

TYM 330 has Kubota 1505 engine. I would say the vibrations of my engine are in the expected range for a 3 cylinder. Nothing out of ordinary. When cold (below freezing) it runs somewhat rough for about a minute or two but then runs just fine. When cold I idle the engine at about 1500 rpm or slightly load it by driving it until temperature gauge leaves low stop.

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #28  
I beat the living snot out of my little TYM 233. In fact it has paid for itself allready more then once. Other then hard starts in the cold it keeps workin'.. and workin'...and workin'. :thumbsup:

/ TYM REASSURANCE FOR NEWBIE #29  
I have been shopping for weeks and I am up in the air... Should I purchase the kubota bx25 or tym233? The Tym looks to be a bit more rugged.. The kubota bx25 looks more like a lawnmower but my brother has one and loves it. The tym233 with fel and backhoe looks like a more powerful machine and it specs out better as well. The Tym is more expensive but is it worth it? Please reply to help this potential first time buyer.