TYM Circuit Board Issues?

/ TYM Circuit Board Issues? #1  

HenRut

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 TYM T1003C
I'm in the market for a 50hp HST Cab machine and have narrowed my search down to TYM T503, Mahindra 5010 and Kioti DK50SE. I'm new to tractors and I have only driven an old Russian model (believe it or not) so any info is helpful. I've seen the TYM tractors and was impressed by the overall sturdiness and fit and finish of the cabs. I next visited a Mahindra/Kioti dealer who (predictably) trashed the TYM's. His main complaint was that the electronics (circuit boards, specifically) have proven problematic. Factory support was good for replacement but the machines were still down. He couldn't tell me if these were new or older machines but offered to provide me with the names of people who own(ed) them. Anyone out there who own these machines have or heard of this problem? Thanks.

/ TYM Circuit Board Issues? #2  
I'm in the market for a 50hp HST Cab machine and have narrowed my search down to TYM T503, Mahindra 5010 and Kioti DK50SE. I'm new to tractors and I have only driven an old Russian model (believe it or not) so any info is helpful. I've seen the TYM tractors and was impressed by the overall sturdiness and fit and finish of the cabs. I next visited a Mahindra/Kioti dealer who (predictably) trashed the TYM's. His main complaint was that the electronics (circuit boards, specifically) have proven problematic. Factory support was good for replacement but the machines were still down. He couldn't tell me if these were new or older machines but offered to provide me with the names of people who own(ed) them. Anyone out there who own these machines have or heard of this problem? Thanks.

I think you'll find nagging issues, electrical and otherwise, reported for nearly all brands and models of CUTs. Admittedly, the newest crop of TYM tractors (I have a T273) has had its share of minor issues that have been well-documented on TBN (e.g. muffler brackets, fuel bulb bracket, vibration issues). However, in my experience TYM USA support has been awesome and has always strived to make it right. All issues I've encountered have been easily solved by standard tools and replacement re-engineered parts that TYM ships overnight for free under warranty. I have not heard of major repairs that have required much more than a set of ratchets . . .

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another TYM if I were in need of something larger.

Good luck :thumbsup:

/ TYM Circuit Board Issues? #3  
I have not seen or heard of any rash of circuit board problems with TYM tractors.

Al

/ TYM Circuit Board Issues? #4  
The first thing I would do is to not talk with that Mahindra/Kioti sales man again as he doesnt even know what he is selling :laughing:. TYM is making the 5010 tractor for Mahindra. The Mahindra model has a diferent hood and is Daedong powered. It also only has one rear remote valve standard. The TYM model has the Perkins engine, diferent hood, telescoping 3pt hitch arms, and 2 hyd remote valves standard. All of the Mahindra 10 sereis tractors were and are made by TYM. I own a T330 and I know of 3 more TYM tractors less than a 2 mile radius from me and I have not herd of any circuit board problems. I have a T503hst with a cab on my Christmas wish list :D. It will likely be that time before I can aford it. If you look at the serial number tag on the Mahindra 5010 you will see made by TYM in South Korea and these tags dont lie. I think this sales man is only looking for the green in your pocket. For Mahindra or Kioti I would see a dealer who knows the product they are selling. I think I would see your TYM dealer on this tractor. This looks to be one nice tractor.

/ TYM Circuit Board Issues?
Thanks guys. Pete-MI, your info was especially revealing! Same basic tractor except for engine and assorted accessories? Wow! How do the engines stack up? Perkins engine vs the Daedong? I know little about the diesel engines. I have heard the Daedong's are great on fuel. I also know that Perkins is used in the ASV/Terex line of HD skid steers and CTL's. That speaks well of them.

/ TYM Circuit Board Issues? #6  
I am not aware of any bad points for Daedong or Perkins. I prefer the perkins as they have been in farm tractors in the USA for 40 years. Perkins engines have been used in MF farm tractors for years. Perkins was purchased by CAT a few years ago. In one brochure I saw the engine model under Cat/Perkins engine model number. The Cat model number is C2.2 and the Perkins is 404D-22 . Here is a link to one article on it. news: Caterpillar buys Perkins Engines . Everyone has a preference and mine is Perkins with the parent company being CAT.

/ TYM Circuit Board Issues?
Good info on the engines. As far as the Mahindra 5010/TYM 530, there's about a 500# weight differential between the two (TYM the heavier). I'm sure the engines don't explain the difference. There's also a 7K differential in cost, with the TYM the costlier. Makes it tough.