Just ordered a new T603 from TYM delivery question

/ Just ordered a new T603 from TYM delivery question #1  

Smallplot

Gold Member
Tractor
1974 IH 1066, 1969 IH 756/FEL, and 2011 TYM T603 Cab/FEL
Just ordered a new T603 and the dealer was unable to locate one in our area with ag tires so he is having to order one from distribution center and was unable to provide a time frame for delivery. I live in west central Illinois. Any experience on how long it usually takes for delivery from distribution center to dealer?

/ Just ordered a new T603 from TYM delivery question #2  
There are several various factors involved in narrowing down the time question. It depends on the distance between the distribution center and your dealer. Another is if your model is available at the nearest center. It stands to reason that, in all probability, that there is more than one center stateside. If it were me, I would go back to the dealer in person and ask him to follow the proper channels in order to find the delivery time. I would sit in his office while he called and ask him to put the call on speaker phone. If the dealer is persistent and wants continued business from you, such as buying parts and implements, he most definitely will be able to get an answer from the center and their shipping and transport facilities that they use. That is unless there is more to the matter than the dealer is presently telling you. Just my opinion. Good Luck.:tractor:

/ Just ordered a new T603 from TYM delivery question #3  
Another thing I forgot to include. When I bought my new Kubota, the dealer didn't have my model in stock. He drove to another dealer 40 miles away, picked up the model in the crate, and since it came normally with industrial tires, he put AG tires on it that he had in stock. I wanted AG tires and that's why he took the extra mile policy. He put it all together from beginning to end and installed new AG tires. I got a new tractor that hadn't been sitting on the lot in the weather for months and exactly the way I wanted and needed. It is not my intention to degrade the selling and procurement practices of your dealer, but solely to inform you of what my dealer did. Good Luck. :tractor:

/ Just ordered a new T603 from TYM delivery question
Thanks for the info creekbend. Guess I was just looking for general time frame as I don't know where the TYM distribution centers are located. I know it will take extra time because our dealer is trying to save us some money on the shipping by having it shipped with other equipment coming to his area. The dealer has been helpful and first checked other dealers in this area to see if they had one in stock but no luck. With what we are going to use this tractor for the ag tires are a must over the R4s. and we do not want the hydro model. This TYM will be the first that I am aware of in our county and nothing against the Kubota but they do cost more and have to pay for the extras where this TYM has a lot of the extras from the Kubota as standard. We found a Kubota at a dealer our father used years ago and are sure would have good service from but 8 grand is 8 grand. Thanks again.

/ Just ordered a new T603 from TYM delivery question #5  
Thanks for the info creekbend. Guess I was just looking for general time frame as I don't know where the TYM distribution centers are located. I know it will take extra time because our dealer is trying to save us some money on the shipping by having it shipped with other equipment coming to his area. The dealer has been helpful and first checked other dealers in this area to see if they had one in stock but no luck. With what we are going to use this tractor for the ag tires are a must over the R4s. and we do not want the hydro model. This TYM will be the first that I am aware of in our county and nothing against the Kubota but they do cost more and have to pay for the extras where this TYM has a lot of the extras from the Kubota as standard. We found a Kubota at a dealer our father used years ago and are sure would have good service from but 8 grand is 8 grand. Thanks again.
You're quite welcome and Good Luck. Here's wishing you many enjoyable hours of seat time in the future.

/ Just ordered a new T603 from TYM delivery question #6  
The problem is probably shipping. It isn't cost effective for TYM to ship single tractors. If your dealer was to order a load of 4 or 5 tractors, the load would probably ship right out. If the company was to ship just 1 tractor you can probably look at an additional shipping charge to the dealer of 1 to 2 thousand dollars, which is probably far more than your dealer is making on your tractor sale, which means the dealer can't absorb that expense. This is just a reality in the tractor and equipment world.

That is what I was thinking. He will try to get ours on an order with several other tractors and understandable that there is no way to foretell just how long that will be. Thanks for the few days shipping from distribution center info that is what I was looking for. Now just hope everything works quickly in our favor. We have a very long list of things to do and did I mention I was never any good at waiting until Christmas to open presents.

Well new tractor is at the dealers and was just told it would be delivered Saturday... Can't wait. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Boy it will be nice working with a cab :thumbsup:

/ Just ordered a new T603 from TYM delivery question #9  
Your going to be sitting out at the curb at daybreak on saturday...aint ya.

Your going to be sitting out at the curb at daybreak on saturday...aint ya.

Already have my tent set up. Hope it don't get too cold between now and then :laughing: