Buying Advice TYM warranty question

/ TYM warranty question #1  

Smallplot

Gold Member
Tractor
1974 IH 1066, 1969 IH 756/FEL, and 2011 TYM T603 Cab/FEL
We are waiting on delivery of a new T603. Problem is I was told of a post on some forum (don't know which one as I can't find it now) of an owner having an issue with the frame. The OP was told the repair was not covered because the tires had been filled which voided the warranty.

So my question is will filling the tires on a TYM void the warranty? The warranty was one of the big deciding factors when agreeing to purchase this tractor. Any Dealers have input, am wondering if the wrong decision was made and we should look at other brands we were originally considering?

Tractor is a 2011 T603 cab with FEL and R1 tires if that makes any difference.

/ TYM warranty question #2  
I had an issue with my frame 233 HST. My repair was done,but was threatened cause of rear ballast,fluid is tym's preferred method.My dealer died and business closed,so getting repairs from someone that didn't profit from sale is difficult. which is understandable. GOOD LUCK!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / TYM warranty question #3  
Best advice is to contact TYM directly and get an answer in writing (or email) . I did this on 2 items with Kioti just to be safe. I checked about adding winter heat protection and about chaining up the front wheels. I have it in writing that neither of these will void the warranty.

Before i purchased the Kioti I was almost ready to sign on the line for a TYM503. I loved the tractor, however the placement of the rear remotes was in an area that hurt my back to reach. Other than that, its a fine machine.

/ TYM warranty question #4  
I agree check with TYM directly if you have any questions. My TYM dealer filled the tires for me so I didn't think twice about it.

/ TYM warranty question
Thanks for the replies. I do feel better knowing dealers, at least some, will fill tires. Sometimes it gets fuzzy trying to sort out fact and fiction on the internet.

/ TYM warranty question
Had a long talk with dealer today. He said no warranty issues with filling tires.

/ TYM warranty question #7  
Most dealers of all brands in my area load the rear tires when the tractor has a loader on it. The rear tires on my T330 have been loaded since I got it just over 5 years ago. I have not had any problems and have been glad many times to have the extra balast on the back. When I have a large load on the loader I can feel the rear tires slip at times. If they were not filled I would have to have a attachment on the back much more often for counter weight. It is also easier on the front end drive train having the rear tires loaded. That way the smaller front drive axle doesnt have to do all the moving work when there is a heavy load in the bucket.