TYM 293 INFO

/ TYM 293 INFO #1  

RUTBUSTER

Tractor
TYM 293HST
I am waiting delivery of my T293 and was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect from this tractor. I had been looking at all name brand tractors and finally decided on this one. It was the best price and the best warranty, which made my final decision.

/ TYM 293 INFO #2  
Since you have already ordered the tractor, you are probably aware of the specs; etc. But in the future you can browse this website to refresh your knowledge. TYM Tractors - T293 HST Because of the limited HP, it is doubtful that it will fulfill major projects, but it most certainly should handle various tasks that a Homeowner requires of it. BTW, congratulations. :thumbsup:

/ TYM 293 INFO #3  
I purchased a used '09 293HST in late Decewmber. It came with a 60" Erskine snowblower. I've had the oppertunity to use it only one time. It handled 10" of snow on my 800' driveway with no problems. The diesel was a little cold blooded to start, but it is the first diesel that I've ever owned. My one thought was that it would have been nice if they would have left a little more room in the battery area, so that a larger capacity battery could be installed. I have a front loader too, but haven't had the oppertunity to even mount it.
Enjoy your new toy. Welcome to the forum.

/ TYM 293 INFO
Thank you for the info. I ordered this with the front mount blower and FEL with the factory cab. I sure hope I made the right decision. I guess time will tell. I looked at all the other brands of tractors, drove them and compared all features. I just couldn't pass on the price on the T293. I plan on doing some snowblowing, a little loader work, and plan on getting a rear finish mower.

/ TYM 293 INFO #5  
Back in '09, TYM didn't offer a factory supplied front blower. The Erskine is a monster by comparison. They are both 60" wide but the Erskine has a shipping weight of over 1000 lbs.

/ TYM 293 INFO
I haven't had much chance to blow any snow as this as been the lightest winter for snow that I have ever seen. I used it a little to blow some snow around and it worked great. I wanted the front mount blower only because I don't want to be looking back to blow snow. I figured it would be cheaper to have the front mount, than to pay the chiropractor bills.

/ TYM 293 INFO #7  
Besides the weight difference, the major difference in the Erskine blower and the factory blower is that the Erskine is a rear-PTO and I believe that the factory blower is a mid-PTO. My tractor doesn't have a mid-PTO. The Erskine blower works GREAT.

/ TYM 293 INFO #8  
I haven't had much chance to blow any snow as this as been the lightest winter for snow that I have ever seen. I used it a little to blow some snow around and it worked great. I wanted the front mount blower only because I don't want to be looking back to blow snow. I figured it would be cheaper to have the front mount, than to pay the chiropractor bills.

After spending 8 hours yesterday driving backwards clearing snow from my road with a blade, I can attest to the fact that you made a wise decision with the front mounted blower. My neck and back are both worked over today. Might be time for me to look into one of those front mounted blowers even if I only use it once or twice a year!

Ron

/ TYM 293 INFO #9  
Thank you for the info. I ordered this with the front mount blower and FEL with the factory cab. I sure hope I made the right decision. I guess time will tell. I looked at all the other brands of tractors, drove them and compared all features. I just couldn't pass on the price on the T293. I plan on doing some snowblowing, a little loader work, and plan on getting a rear finish mower.
I have a 2008 Mahindra 1815 HST, that I am thinking of upgrading. Might I ask what you paid for The 293 with cab and FEL ?

/ TYM 293 INFO #10  
I bought my '09 used and I don't know what Rutbuster paid. I recently talked to a local dealer here and he quoted me a price of $23K and change for a 293 HST with FEL, snowblower and factory cab, with his financing. He said he could sell it for $21K cash. I asked how much without the cab and he said about $3K less. I didn't try to haggle price any lower because I wasn't really in the market.