Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite Member

Default thoughts on TYM machines

Hey folks, just wondering how you feel about the TYM's. Trying to find out about reliabilty, especially sizes from the T433 down to the T233. I really like the T233 but never had HST before and am wondering how strong the little machine is? I am also wondering how well the cabs hold up and are made? thanks for any info, facts or just plain ole opinions

Elite Member Redneck in training's Avatar
    Tractor
    TYM 330 HST with FEL

Default Re: thoughts on TYM machines

We have TYM 330 HST that we bought new. The tractor has about 500 hours of non abusive mostly hard FEL work. There was a leaking sight on the tranny right after it was new. Got new sight for free from the dealer. It took about 5 minutes to replace. Right now the tractor has small electrical issue. The "check" light stays on even after the engine is running. When the light is on before the tractor is started means that not all interlocks are met. It is bypassed when the engine is running. Looks like some bad connection somewhere.
    The tractor is used year around maintaining our driveway, bush hogging, lot of FEL work, snow removal around the house etc.
    It had pretty much zero mechanical problems. Only complain I would have is peeling paint on the FEL cylinders and some pain blisters on the operator platform.

Elite Member

Thanks for the post, they seem like a nice tractor overall. I'm wanting something with a cab and have narrowed my search down to TYM, LS, JINMA. The LS I'm told will not come with a cab unless I go 50hp or more . I have found jinma and TYM both can come with cabs. I have to say the TYM just seems more attractive. I have owned a jinma in the past and can not complain, very dependable{also own the nortrac dozer}

Tractor
    TYM 293-HST

I love the title of the thread. It reminds me of "Back to the Future".
    I recently purchased a used '09 293 HST, with an FEL and Erskine snowblower. Has 400 hours on it. I had a small electrical problem with the flashers and turn signals, but I can attribute the problem directly to something that the previous owner did. (Pinched wire harness because he rerouted a hydrolic line too close)
    It is pretty cold blooded starting, but is fine once warmed up. A block heater is definitely coming in the future. (I'm in far northern Michigan)

Elite Member

Thanks Waterbug for the post, I've read where others have said they also felt TYM is cold blooded. I went one year without a block heater on a diesel up here....never again. IMO, all diesels are cold blooded especailly when that temp drops in the winter.

Tractor
    Ferguson TO 30 - TYM T433 Cab - Power King 1614

I am in my second year with the gear TYM 433 cab, it is the forth tractor I have owned over the last thirty years and so far I am very happy with it. I did a lot of looking before I bought and in the end I was convinced that for the money it was the best buy for me.

This year I located a used 7 ft "Cat" brand quick attach plow blade for snow removal, along with the 6 1/2 ft blower on the back it is a weapon. The Cat blade is very different than most, it uses one horizontal cylinder for angling the blade making for a very compact design, Just got to use it for the first time and it works great.

Al

Last edited by Airedale; 01-16-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Serious Dogs For Serious Work

Tractor
    TM233

I've owned a T233 for the past year. Only put 50 hours on, mostly cutting trails with a bush hog, and some front end loader work. Had a problem with the universal joint, but was able to repair myself with the parts provided by the dealer. Very happy overall!

Elite Member

Thanks for the responces and pictures, that plow sure looks like a nice setup.

Tractor
    TYM T233

I've had a 233 with the backhoe for about 4 years. It came with a five year warranty, but I've had very few problems with it, and the dealer has been very good and sorting out any minor issues. It's a really solid little machine, although be careful with rocks and branches hitting the hydraulic lines and controls under the floor. The clearance is not that great. You've really got to watch what the backhoe frame is doing because it's really close to the ground.

The biggest problem I have is that I'm a bit tall for it (6 feet) and my old knees cramp up after I've been on it for a while. I keep meaning to add risers to the seats, but I never got around to it! Maybe they did something about that on the newer models?

Elite Member

Thanks Tiny Tym, I've asked around and from what I gather the T233 will be a bit on the small side for what I need, I do like the 300 series tractors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast