Price Check New to me T273

/ New to me T273 #1  

dday88

Tractor
TYM t273
I just purchased a 2009 T273 with 160 hours for $5500 out the door delivered and just wanted to make sure I got as good of a deal as I think i did! Either way I feel like it was a good deal and I am having tons of fun "working" around my house pulling out old shrubs and digging graden beds. Only question I had is being that this is my first real tractor I am wondering how much noise the HST should be making? Sounds pretty load to me, like a heavy pitched whine that is louder then the engine noise and gets a fair amount loader under load...normal?

Anyway some pictures
2012-06-11 14.43.19.jpg

and my wifes dog taking her for a spin...

2012-06-11 16.59.31.jpg

Any other first time used tractor owner hints or tips I should know?

/ New to me T273 #2  
Absolutely stole it at that price in my opinion. The hydro does whine a bit especially in high is seem louder to me. Just make sure you check the fluid and don't worry about it too much. I'd bet it is fine.

Take a good look and search around the forum and you will find some great (some positive & negative) information about your tractor.

/ New to me T273 #3  
X2 on the "you stole it" statement! Great little tractor at a fantastic price.
At 160 hours it's just getting broken in!
Enjoy your new yard work helper.
Greg

/ New to me T273 #5  
Congratulations on your new to you T273 tractor and at very good price to boot. I owned a Kubota HST B7500 which was a very nice little machine and it too had a somewhat loud whine, from what I have read about HST tractors that loud whine is common.

Al

/ New to me T273 #6  
What kind of gun were you using, when you negotiated that deal ? I think that you are hearing the hydraulic/hydrostatic pump. Can't tell you if it is normal, because I can't hear it. I'd check the hydraulic fluid level, just to be sure. That '09 comes with a tranferrable 5 year warrenty. It will cost you $250 to transferr it. Contact the original TYM dealer that sold it for details. (If you know who that dealer is)

/ New to me T273
Well I am glad to hear I got as good of a deal as I thought I did! My dad had bought a 9n a few years back for the same money and I thought he got a good deal...sometimes you just get lucky, wasn't even shopping for a tractor went in to buy a lawn mower!

:thumbsup: Is that some type of protectice guard on the FEL? Just curious.

Not sure what part you are talking about, but no guard on the loader...Only guard on the tractor I know of is the dog!

What kind of gun were you using, when you negotiated that deal ? I think that you are hearing the hydraulic/hydrostatic pump. Can't tell you if it is normal, because I can't hear it. I'd check the hydraulic fluid level, just to be sure. That '09 comes with a tranferrable 5 year warrenty. It will cost you $250 to transferr it. Contact the original TYM dealer that sold it for details. (If you know who that dealer is)

Well just the .380 I carry every day...imagine the deal I could have got if I had the .45 with me! But really just a kubota dealer that had no interest in keeping her around after the guy traded her in on a L series. I do know the original dealer and he said they can get the transfer going if I ever end up needed it but no reason to pay for it unless I need to use it. He also said the original owner was something of a mechanical know nothing so it was in the shop almost every month! He was convinced that it had all kinds of problems if it went bump he thought something broke and if it was low on oil he was convinced that it was leaking and would bring it in. The dealer told me when he came to trade it in (they sell mahindra now) they encouraged him to take his business elsewhere, preferably to kubota, because they had spent so much on warranty work they knew they would lose to much money on the deal!

/ New to me T273 #8  
Good luck with your tractor, I have his bigger brother the 353HST and love it. I think Creekbend is referring to the hood which is open in your picture. Like the others I think you got a good deal, even better if the mower was included in the deal!

/ New to me T273 #10  
Stole it......for sure......noise sounds normal but fluid levels as other mentioned should be checked regularly anyway.
I'd do a complete fluid change , for safeties sake and peace of mind. Plus you learn a little about her too.