Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    TYM T603 52' Ford 8N

Default Re: tym, branson, mahindra

never heard of the TYM500 I know a guy with a 503 and it seems like a good tractor

Tractor
    1974 IH 1066, 1969 IH 756/FEL, and 2011 TYM T603 Cab/FEL

I have a TYM T603 and it has done everything asked of it. Loader will lift more than tractor needs. Frame, especially with loader is rock solid. Put around 900 hours on it this past year.
    Dan,
    www.pikecountyfoodplots.com

Tractor
    none

The t500 he said is kind of a no frills utility tractor that they are running a special on. I grabbed a 503 brouchure and he said no that's not it. So he went and made a copy of the 1 brochure he had.

The tractor had a sub frame that ran to the back of the tractor seemed impressive. He has sold them to the school and all kinds of local places but he's been around in the town for a long time and folks trust him.

Guess I'll go back and put it side by side a t503 and see what is different besides the transmission

I really think it's a rebranded mahindr 5035 with perkins engine and some other rebranded loader. The engine sounded sweet. The
    Last edited by shogan; 10-14-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    tym 233hst

I think TYM builds some Mahindras. My local dealer told me he wouldn't stock the TYM built ones,but could get them. I own a TYM 233,not junk,but wouldn't buy another.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    TYM T330HST, T503hst cab, some antique tractors , Bob-Cat zero turn mower

TYM makes all the "10" series for Mahindra's and have for over 10 years. TYM uses Mitsubuishi and Perkins engines and Mahindra uses Dae Dong engines. The TYM models also have more standard features rather than extra cost options. The TYM's in the 30hp size and larger are full cast frame tractors like most large farm tractors have been made for over 50 years. The smaller units have a solid steel frame that the engine and rear end are attached to like some others in the same hp size do. The T500 is TYM's more basic tractor with out all the bells and whistles. They have not been promoted as much as they should have. I know they had some management changes last year and have been making good progress but on some items it has been slow. The website being out of date on some items is one and on the home page it says it should be updated soon. I would guess the T500 will be on then. The T500 is the basic version of the T503.

Tractor
    none

First off let me say anyone in the state of OK. If you are in the market talk to Chris at Wright Tractors, LLC Tractors, Implements, and Trailers - Home. He had a t500 listed so I figured I would call him and ask some questions. I told him straight up I was out of the area and calling just to ask questions. He said, can I call you back and did within 3 minutes. He then proceeded to tell me the origin of the t500 as well as describe the managment history of tym. Going into great depth about where and why we see things like websites not updated. In a nutshell TYM tried to manage the usa market without adequate american management team. Then hired some that ended up being a bad crop. And now has a new team in place. He feels comfortable with the future of tym. And added he felt like it is one of the best built tractors. That says a lot coming from a guy half way across the country with no dog in the fight.

The t500 is an old model that tym originally built for mahindra, and then put it in their lineup. It's not being carried forward. He said future parts should not be problem because except the sheet metal, the tractor shares most of the same componets as other models. It's still called a 2012 but is actually older. Pete-mi was on tract but now I have the rest of the story.

It's not a t503.

Hope this clears up confusion.

Tractor
    none

Well went back today and re-drove the mahindra 4025. It was a nice big tractor and felt like it. And it looks like an good old tractor. It has some nice features like upgraded air ride seat and cat I or II hitch (reversible), and great big rear fenders all things I like. The PTO was not as easy to turn off basically required using the clutch. Then I went and drove the TYM T 500 it was just as big but the tractor was so much smoother. Don't know how to explain it. The engine ran smoother, the shifting was smoother, a much tighter turning radius, the lay out of the controls, shifters, pedals all worked well together (and fit me), everything was easier. More like a modern tractor.

Either would have been good tractors. I just liked the tym better.

So I inked on the TYM T 500 with loader. It was a lot of tractor for 18,500.

Tractor
    Ferguson TO 30 - TYM T433 Cab - Power King 1614

Hey Shogan,
    Congratulations on your new machine.

Al
    Serious Dogs For Serious Work

Silver Member
    Tractor
    TYM T330HST, T503hst cab, some antique tractors , Bob-Cat zero turn mower

Welcome to the TYM family

Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Ford 2N

Quote Originally Posted by shogan
    Gear driven 9fwd 3 rev basically, dual pumps 1 for power stearing1 for loader, loader had 2934lbs at full height at pivot pins. didn't think that was to bad mahindra 4025 has 2866, tractor data has the 5035 lower slightly, branson 2100,

Don't think the forward reverse was synchronised so had to bring it to full stop to shift from forward to reverse. You can shift between gears 1,2,3 as long as you don't change between L M H for that you have to stop.

Also the tym loader appeared faster than the mahindra.

Electric PTO, 1 pto speed, 40 hp at PTO

And the TYM is 18500 delivered he did say another 200 to put beet juice in the tires.
    I've never heard of any vehicle that could go from forward to reverse without stopping.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast