Buying Advice tym, branson, mahindra

/ tym, branson, mahindra #1  

shogan

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM T500
I was set on branson 4020, local dealer small mom and pop use to be MF long time ago now selling more stihl weedeaters and chain saws than tractors. Start thinking maybe branson does not have a strong network. So I look at Mahindra appear to be more of those around, go drive a 4025. Like it, a little tough to shift with shifter in the middle and going from gear to gear is tough, nice big wheel cover for sitting on, tractor seems stout. 4010 had roomier floor area shifter not in the middle but L M H shifter did not work in parking lot it would go into N but not L. Some weird rattle in front end. Bottom line it didn't compare to the 4025 and priced the same. 18,900

Then I stop by a TYM they were not on my radar at all. Dealer use to sell JD.

He shows me the TYM T500 with the perkins canterpillar engine which he keys in on the selling point. It weighs a little less than the mahindra, appears a little smaller, great turning radius open floor plan, easy shifting (though not synchronised). Smooth tractor 18,500 4wd with loader and it's a 50hp engine with 40 at pto. Body casing not as stout but the engine panels are easy to get off, and frame seems real stout with loader going back to rear wheels.

thoughts

/ tym, branson, mahindra
Well I'm on the fence, Can't find any info on the tym t500 it has a 50 hp perkins cat engine 4 wheel drive and loader 5 year warranty and weighs in pretty good above a branson but below the mahindra. Filters are easy to change but over all smaller machine than the mahindra. $18500

Found a used mahindra 4500 2 wd drive with loader and 500 hours 10K. Don't need 4wd but it would be nice in a pinch.

New Mahindra 4025 40 hp engine 4 wd and loader 18,900 bigger tractor but tough shifting (means less likely wife will use).

A new branon 4020 would be around 19K local 1 close dealer

Any info on the t500, thoughts on the line up. Just looking at photos and the floor lay out it looks very much like the mahindra 4010

Last edited:
   / tym, branson, mahindra
Am I the only one that sees a lot similarity between the New Holland Boomer 50, the tym t500, and the mahindra 5010?

/ tym, branson, mahindra #4  
Well, just my .02. I've had a chance to look at a couple 50hp Mahindras at my NH dealer. They look pretty beefy with excellent loader specs. The tractor specs on the TYM look to be pretty good, but my gosh... they sure need to work on their website. Without a dealer nearby its the only place for info. The 50hp cab model I think I might like to know more about has photos of the switch panel and a hydraulic valve? How is their HST pedal setup?...How about the shuttle shift?...Are their steering brakes on the right side like the goofy Kubota setup? The loader lift specs do look really wimpy though for a 50hp tractor.

As far as Branson....who?

/ tym, branson, mahindra #5  
While you're looking look at the 35 series from Mahindra...really like my 4035 and have heard the 5035 is even more of a beast...my 4035 was about $24K out the door with FEL and an extra remote kit...mine is a PST, HST is a bit more...my girlfriend drives it with no problem (she had no prior experience with tractors !)...would also advise you to look at the kubota Grand L series...good luck with whatever you buy...oh yeah, having a good reputable dealer is paramount regardless of brand, ask around about your local dealers before the purchase...

Rich

/ tym, branson, mahindra
Gear driven 9fwd 3 rev basically, dual pumps 1 for power stearing1 for loader, loader had 2934lbs at full height at pivot pins. didn't think that was to bad mahindra 4025 has 2866, tractor data has the 5035 lower slightly, branson 2100,

Don't think the forward reverse was synchronised so had to bring it to full stop to shift from forward to reverse. You can shift between gears 1,2,3 as long as you don't change between L M H for that you have to stop.

Also the tym loader appeared faster than the mahindra.

Electric PTO, 1 pto speed, 40 hp at PTO

And the TYM is 18500 delivered he did say another 200 to put beet juice in the tires.

/ tym, branson, mahindra #7  
TYM's site shows a T503, but a T500 isn't listed so I'm not sure that we're talking about the same model. The loader it lists for the T503 is rated at 1788 lift capacity. TYM Tractors - LT500 Specification. Mahindra's site shows the 5035's loader at 2700 lbs Mahindra 5035 4WD Shuttle - Mahindra Tractors - Heavy Duty, Value Packed Tractors. Built Tough to Last with a 5 year Warrantyand the 4035 at 2400 lbs Mahindra 4035 4WD Shuttle - Mahindra Tractors - Heavy Duty, Value Packed Tractors. Built Tough to Last with a 5 year Warranty

Edit: In a search for the T500 there were photos on the TYM site but no info I could find. I did find one for sale listing 2100 lbs for the loader. http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/grq/3264544875.html

/ tym, branson, mahindra
Yes they have nothing listed on the t500 I have a black and white photo copy given to me by the dealer. And it has 2963 loader capable and it had an lt550 loader on it.

You won't find the lt550 on the website either but it's on their loader brochure. Basically the lt550 comes in just shy of the lt600 go figure. I can buy a creature that doesn't exist on the web, has great specs, and good price.

/ tym, branson, mahindra #10  
You don't find that a bit odd?

I think I'll leave it at this. There are only two TYM dealers located within 100 miles of me. The closest mainly deals in refurbished Japanese tractors and the other one has a link on the TYM website that goes to a publishing site. TYM's own website doesn't even list the tractor or loader your looking at as even existing. That sounds like a business model with the word FAILURE built right into it. Dealer support far outweighs a "good deal". How long has your dealer been a TYM dealer? Will he be around for support in ten years when you need parts?

Probably the oddest thing about this entire thread is that you're asking questions about the TYM tractor on the largest tractor forum in the world and not one TYM owner has responded.