Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    TM233

Default Re: TYM vs LS

I'm not familiar with the LS, but have a TYM-233 for 2.5 years and have 110 hours on it. I've found it very dependable and does everything asked of it. Mine has a 5 year warranty; this winter I took it back to the dealer for some minor issues which he took care of. Nothing bad to say about TYM....FWIW!

Tractor
    case

Quote Originally Posted by tjt35 View Post
    Hello,
    I am new to the tractor market. I am in north idaho and there is one LS dealer 2hours away. I like him and he states that if he cannot fix the problem over the phone he will come to me, within a week.... There are 3 TYM dealers in the area, one of whom is the dealer with the LS dealership. The same LS/TYM seems to be pushing TYM. So initially I liked the brawn of the LS (heavier and more pto power) but I think I should seriously look at TYM. Any thoughts about this would be helpful.
    Thank you
    I looked pretty hard at the T233 and liked it for it's ergonomics and it has a pretty bulletproof Mitsubishi engine, the sad part is that in New Hampshire the one dealer that sold them is dumping TYM and there are no dealers in Maine or Mass only one in VT and he has 1-3 year old "New" tractors on his lot, some are pink from sun fading and the tires are all weather cracked. LS is a new name but LG who owns them sold tractors for years under the Long/Agribusiness brand. Since then they have made a deal with New Holland and they make all the smaller New Hollands, so you have another entire network of dealers and parts if you buy the LS

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1920

Quote Originally Posted by NE Tractor View Post

I looked pretty hard at the T233 and liked it for it's ergonomics and it has a pretty bulletproof Mitsubishi engine, the sad part is that in New Hampshire the one dealer that sold them is dumping TYM and there are no dealers in Maine or Mass only one in VT and he has 1-3 year old "New" tractors on his lot, some are pink from sun fading and the tires are all weather cracked. LS is a new name but LG who owns them sold tractors for years under the Long/Agribusiness brand. Since then they have made a deal with New Holland and they make all the smaller New Hollands, so you have another entire network of dealers and parts if you buy the LS
    I thought there is still one dealer in Massachusetts

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1920

Well it looks like Cabelas is going to be selling rebranded TYM's soon.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler, Case 580 Super M Series 2

Something to consider is that you can get parts, and even warranty service for most LS models at NH or Case dealers....at least the models that are the same as the Boomer/Farmall B models. The only exception should be loader parts since NH and Case use a different, weaker, loader.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD

I don't own either brand, but I did spend time recently scouring over some LS tractors. They are well built, with one exception- the telescoping stabilizers are poorly and weakly designed. If I were shopping, that wouldn't be a deal breaker (I'd just build a heavy duty set, like the photo), but it is an observed weak point, in my opinion.

The 5/16" tab on either end will bend and deform under repeated load- the set that I built compensated for that.
    "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..." Romans 1:16
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD
    94 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Tractor
    TYM T293

Quote Originally Posted by tkappeler View Post
    We have had our TYM T293 HST for 2 1/2 months now, have about 85 hours on it and have had only one small problem. The ball joint boots that came on it initially were pretty thin and they have torn. The dealer offered to replace them but I requested he just send me the replacements. They are much improved from the originals.

I could not be happier with TYM
    Ditto on the boots and heavier replacements.

We have had our 293 for about 15 months and 150 hours. Other than the aforementioned thin boots, we have had no problems whatsoever. I did not consider LS as there are no dealers anywhere near me, so I cannot speak to them at all.

Good luck!
    Tom

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" - Thomas A. Edison

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by hodge View Post
    I don't own either brand, but I did spend time recently scouring over some LS tractors. They are well built, with one exception- the telescoping stabilizers are poorly and weakly designed. If I were shopping, that wouldn't be a deal breaker (I'd just build a heavy duty set, like the photo), but it is an observed weak point, in my opinion.

The 5/16" tab on either end will bend and deform under repeated load- the set that I built compensated for that.
    There has been a minor occurrence of problems related to the stabilizer arms ... but its not with the arm construction, it has been with the bracket itself that mounts to the tractor frame. The angle at which the stabilizer arm mounts to the bracket causes stress on the bracket, and if the arm binds on the bracket at the right angle with the right force, it can break the bracket. It's an easy fix, as the bracket just bolts onto the frame. So, I wouldn't worry about the stabilizer arms and themselves, they are not the weak link in that setup.

I'm very happy with my LS, I think it's a well built tractor. There seem to be very few complaints about quality issues regarding LS tractors, and mine has been no exception. While there are minor things I would change about it from an ergonomic standpoint (though I would with ANY tractor), operationally it has been perfect.

If I was shopping again, I would have to consider the TYM T503/603 (same as the Mahindra 5010/6010 I think) ... as I believe the 603 is available in HST, and has a nice loader.

But like was already mentioned, LS has much better dealer support, especially considering you can get parts and service from LS, New Holland, or Case dealerships.
    Massey 1648 HST Cab
    Hustler Z Diesel 66"
    - JD Gator 620i - 07 F450 Crew
    6ft bucket * 5ft Tooth/Tine Bucket * QA Forks * 8ft Servis BackBlade
    7ft Frontier BoxBlade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 StumpGrinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower * 7.5ft QA snow plow

Massey @ 494 hrs - 5/21/15

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler, Case 580 Super M Series 2

Quote Originally Posted by hodge View Post

Wow, very nice looking stabilizer you built! I think the LS design might be a bit better than it gets credit for...they will break before the expensive parts start breaking....a good thing. I accidentally bounced the side of my RFM off a stump, and it put one heck of a side loade on the stabilizer, so it bent. I cut out the bend, welded it back together, and it's been fine ever since.

Still, I'd love to get something more significant to help control my counterweight (over 1,300lbs)....are you considering making more of you design? I think folks would buy them if you made them available.

Tractor
    MF 165 TYM 723

Really depends on what models you are looking at and what you want to do. Both I think are pretty good the biggest difference we saw when looking at both makes in the 70-100 HP range is the TYM has a power shuttle in the T723 74HP the LS 7010 72HP does not but is about 800lbs lighter. The TYM 1003 (Mahindra 100HP) is a whole 1000lbs heavier than the LS 7040 (100HP model). We liked the perkins power in the TYM's thats why we went with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12