TYM T433/T503 v. LS R4041/R4047

/ TYM T433/T503 v. LS R4041/R4047 #1  

LindenBruce

Gold Member
Tractor
Husky GT2654, Branson 4520TLB
Hello All,

Okay, I have been eying the LS R4041shuttle and R4047HST for some time now. I really like the LS and have seen them in person at a dealer about 45 minutes away. I like how big the FEL is and the apparent sturdyness of the chassis overall on the LS. But during my ventures I have come across a really good deal on a TYM T433 or T503. Both are new aged inventory. I don't have a TYM dealer close to me, the closest being about an hour and half drive. I can't tell much about the TYM from pics on the net.

One thing I see is the TYM tractor has the fuel tank under the operator deck on the left side correct? And it appears to be almost twice the size of the LS fuel tank which is mounted behind the operator. That would make it easier to fuel on the TYM. But, it also exposes the tank to damage from debris kicked up during operation on the TYM. So has anyone had an issue with TYM fuel tank damage?

As fare as hydraulics go the two brands seem very close. And over all dimensions seem close as well. But does the TYM have two rear remotes from the factory? And are the 3pt arms extendable like on the LS? I like the fact the TYM has a Caterpillar/Perkins motor whereas the LS has a Mitsubishi based but not stamped motor. Also, how easy do the side panels remove on the TYM for engine maintenance?

I will be using the tractor for flail mowing, backhoe, backhoe stinger w/auger for trees and fence posts, and rock raking with a little box scraper work and some FEL work. Mainly for myself but plan on adding it for hire part time as well for extra rent money. Any input on TYM will be greatly appreciated. I may have to bite the bullet and make a drive to the TYM dealer. I messaged TYM but they have not responded back to me yet. I worry the one TYM dealer may not be a dealer for very long as they no longer carry the TYM tractor at their Stockton facility and instead carry New Holland. Bruce

/ TYM T433/T503 v. LS R4041/R4047
Well, talked by phone to the semi local TYM dealer this afternoon. The salesman I talked to was not impressed with the service or parts availability from TYM. When asked how long they are going to be a TYM dealer the salesman's response was basically "who knows". As if to say "prolly not much longer". He also said they had a half dozen tractors on the lot now one of which is a T433. I may take a drive tomorrow and take a look anyway. But it doesn't sound good for getting service or parts. Don't know if I want to take a chance on buying a TYM if there is a good possibility there will not be any dealer close by in the near future. Hum..... B.

/ TYM T433/T503 v. LS R4041/R4047 #3  
   / TYM T433/T503 v. LS R4041/R4047 #4  
John Dan, he already stated that he was interested TYM. Why pay more for a Mahindra 10 series and get less. When u could buy it from the manufacture of it, get more options and get the Perkins/CAT diesel and not the Deadong engine that Mahindra has TYM put in the 10 series. I do understand that most people are worried about support. Any tractor manufacture can fail at any time. Only time will tell if TYM survives or any other manufacture through tier IV emissions. Should he buy a New Holland or a LS. The LS is much cheaper with more options.

/ TYM T433/T503 v. LS R4041/R4047
Thank you Sir's for your responses. The TYM would have been a strong contender IF there was decent dealer support within a three hour drive. I DO have a New Holland dealer less than 30 minutes from me and I plan to go kick the tires on one in the next week or so. Been busy with family life issues the past two months and it looks like things there are stabilizing. Plus I just got back from a dive trip to Florida too. I really like the LS and it's features and there is an LS dealer 45 minutes from me. I HAVE looked at the Mahindra's and do like them as well and yes there are several dealers close by to. Just taking a look at everything before making a purchase. Bruce