Cabela's and TYM Tractors

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #11  
The Cabela's tractors are nice, and are TYMs with a few bolt-ons. Some of them are improvements, as The Tractor Guy mentioned. However, some of the Woods attachments are inferior. The LM35 with the LD96 loader, for instance, has half the lift capacity of the TYM T353 (now the T354).

Guarantee you Cabela's stores aren't stocking 6 figures in parts, either. :) Wouldn't be surprised if they get out of the tractor business in the next couple of years. Big box stores are out of their league trying to compete with servicing tractor dealers!

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #12  
Big box stores are out of their league trying to compete with servicing tractor dealers!

I'll bet a lot of boat dealers said that when Cabela's started selling Alumacraft, Lowe, Ranger, Stratos, Mercury, Yamaha, etc....

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #13  
I Think that the Cabela's tractors "look" cool!

The Paint is done perfectly and is attractive on these units. I am digging the tan on the rim's with the green to offset. Has the outdoor rugged look. I have always liked John Deer colors; perhaps because I played with the little toy's growing up. IMO I think this color combo looks even better than the Deer or any other color tractor out there.

Wouldn't trade the one I own for anything, but if had unlimited funds would paint mine similar to Cabela's tractor colors.

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #14  
The Cabela's tractors are nice, and are TYMs with a few bolt-ons. Some of them are improvements, as The Tractor Guy mentioned. However, some of the Woods attachments are inferior. The LM35 with the LD96 loader, for instance, has half the lift capacity of the TYM T353 (now the T354).

Guarantee you Cabela's stores aren't stocking 6 figures in parts, either. :) Wouldn't be surprised if they get out of the tractor business in the next couple of years. Big box stores are out of their league trying to compete with servicing tractor dealers!

I don't usually jump in to respond to specific posts, particularly when they come from a dealer that Cabela's competes with in a local market, but this one contained some things that are important to address. Recall that I am an advisor to Cabela's tractor business; it has been my job to help Cabela's build a strong tractor and implement sales and service capability.

Hopefully, tb8100 and the TBN forum community will read what follows and better understand that Cabela's DOES service tractors, DOES stock parts and IS committed for the long haul. Let's agree to compete by focusing on why Cabela's or your dealership will serve the customer well, not by speculating about what the other can and cannot do, or whether they will be in business in five years.

"Guarantee You Cabela's Isn't Stocking Parts": Cabela's has 65 store locations in North America (12 more announced, about 12 per year of growth planned), plus three, one million sq/ft. distribution centers. At any given time, there is literally hundreds of millions of dollars in inventory. They carry this inventory so customers can purchase what they need, when they need it. Adding sufficient quantities of tractor parts to the mix so Cabela's service technicians and customers have ready access to parts is not a problem, and that investment has been made. All Cabela's by Woods parts are stocked at the stores (fast moving) or Cabela's orders directly from Woods, as do all Woods dealers.

Cabela's Getting Out of the Tractor Business in the Next Couple of Years: Cabela's is committed to the tractor business, just as it has been committed to their boat business for nearly 15 years. Cabela's is the largest Ranger boat dealer in the world, and it got there by providing great service after the sale. Fixing 300HP outboard motors and servicing all of the complex systems of today's boats requires a shop and infrastructure, along with a strong team of experienced techs. Cabela's is not "out of their league," when it comes to servicing what they sell, and they didn't get to where they are by selling boats at the lowest price. They got there through their service capability. Cabela's service shops all have overhead cranes, forklifts, special tools, service managers, parts managers, admins, and most importantly, they have hired experienced tractor techs to work alongside their boat techs.

Loader Lift Capacity: All Cabela's loaders are made by Woods Equipment, right here in the USA. I think it is fair to say that for people that know Woods, they know they build things to last. All of these loaders (now up to the LD126 on Cabela's new LM75 tractor) can do the job required for the tractor HP range that they are used on, meaning, they are perfectly matched. Published lift capacity beyond what is typically required of the tractor HP range is perhaps an interesting selling tool, but there many other important consderations. I have actually been to the factory on Korea where the TYM loaders are made. For a range of reasons, I felt that the quality and durability, as well as cycle times, product support, and, having Woods as a partner, are all great reasons to proudly have the Woods name next to the Cabela's name. Speaking of lift capacity, the LD84 loader that goes on the new Cabela's LM25 sub-compact tractor has 50% more lift capacity than that of the BX. More lift height too. But again, specs are interesting and often very important when matching equipment with a customer. Impressing them with specs that they may have no use for does not necessariliy serve them well.

Again, I jumped in to set the record straight, not to debate of offend anyone.

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #15  
Personally I have no issues with Cabela's getting in the game. Seemed a bit odd at first, but I do believe they are committed and might even do better than Bobcat did with Kioti. I hope it brings some exposure and help TYM be successful which I would really like to see that happen. I only know 1 person that has a Cabela's branded one and they live near Sidney and have had it in for its first service. So far so good for them. The one thing I was say about Cabela's is they are very good to their customers in customer service issues (for the most part!).

The Woods power rake I had was great, so if the Cabela's branded stuff is the same quality, I'd not hesitate to buy from them.

I am a TYM owner.
I am a Nebraskan
I have family that works at Cabela's retail and corporate.

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #16  
Again, I jumped in to set the record straight, not to debate of offend anyone.

I appreciate the answer, but you twisted my words and dodged valid points about inferiorities in the Cabela's products and support. I said that I bet Cabela's stores are not stocking 6 figures in parts....independent servicing dealers such as myself _are_ stocking 6-figures in parts, and increasing inventory and warehouse space this winter. Like Cabela's stores, we can get parts from other warehouses too, including TYM USA and Korea.

The TYM/Cabela's products are top-notch, no question. You tried to paint the Cabela's product as vastly superior, and I pointed out valid ways that it is not, specifically on inferior spec'd attachments. That doesn't mean they aren't of good quality (who can knock American product?), but I'm just setting the record straight with the facts.

It's no secret that sales are slow for Cabela's tractors (we're all watching all those tractors age outside the stores)....the product is nice, but Cabela's has to prove that they can be competitive in price and customer service, and establish the brand (TYM isn't a big name yet either, though they are up and coming). Time will tell as to whether this will prove to be a profitable venture in a crowded market, where there are 11 other brands scrambling for half the market while Kubota sits soundly and securely on the other half.

Don't be surprised if TYM dealers end up with the models that don't sell, which is fine. They won't have any trouble selling them as they are great tractors!

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #17  
It's not a store I'm familiar with and I apologise in advance if I offend anyone, but I thought this was funny enough to share:

attachment.php

I take it they sell ammo?

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #18  
It will be interesting to see if the planned store in Albuquerque NM sells them. Won't help me much as I have a T293 and that seems to be a size that Cabela's is not selling.

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #19  
I Think that the Cabela's tractors "look" cool!

The Paint is done perfectly and is attractive on these units. I am digging the tan on the rim's with the green to offset. Has the outdoor rugged look. I have always liked John Deer colors; perhaps because I played with the little toy's growing up. IMO I think this color combo looks even better than the Deer or any other color tractor out there.

Wouldn't trade the one I own for anything, but if had unlimited funds would paint mine similar to Cabela's tractor colors.

Same here. The Red fades to fast in the NM sun. Green does last longer.

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #20  
I appreciate the answer, but you twisted my words and dodged valid points about inferiorities in the Cabela's products and support. I said that I bet Cabela's stores are not stocking 6 figures in parts....independent servicing dealers such as myself _are_ stocking 6-figures in parts, and increasing inventory and warehouse space this winter. Like Cabela's stores, we can get parts from other warehouses too, including TYM USA and Korea.

The TYM/Cabela's products are top-notch, no question. You tried to paint the Cabela's product as vastly superior, and I pointed out valid ways that it is not, specifically on inferior spec'd attachments. That doesn't mean they aren't of good quality (who can knock American product?), but I'm just setting the record straight with the facts.

It's no secret that sales are slow for Cabela's tractors (we're all watching all those tractors age outside the stores)....the product is nice, but Cabela's has to prove that they can be competitive in price and customer service, and establish the brand (TYM isn't a big name yet either, though they are up and coming). Time will tell as to whether this will prove to be a profitable venture in a crowded market, where there are 11 other brands scrambling for half the market while Kubota sits soundly and securely on the other half.

Don't be surprised if TYM dealers end up with the models that don't sell, which is fine. They won't have any trouble selling them as they are great tractors!

We wish the best for you and your business.