Cabela's and TYM Tractors

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #21  
It will be interesting to see if the planned store in Albuquerque NM sells them. Won't help me much as I have a T293 and that seems to be a size that Cabela's is not selling.

Hi Kenb1023.

The 29 HP range tractor will not be available for Tier 4 for nearly all manufacturers, if not all of them. The engine makers could not produce the engine economically. That's why Cabela's doesn't offer one.

Appreciate your interest in Cabela's. Are you a hunter?

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #22  
Wow, I had no idea Cabela's sells tractors! Closest store for me is about 3 hours away but next time I get close I will definitely check them out, love to stop at Cabela's for a sandwich and ammo! Now to check out tractors too

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #23  
I don't think it's fair to compare when Bobcat launched themselves into the CUT universe with Cabela's. First of all, Bobcat is an international and very traditionally run old-line corporation. They're in a cut-throat industry already, constantly evlauating their bottom line. Every margin percentage forces a thumbs up or thumbs down decision. Obviously tractor sales were taking away from their bottom line in other areas. Cabella's, on the other hand, is in a niche market. Though they are sizeable and stock thousands of different products, they are much more capable of individualized service to the general public. That's not saying that implement dealers can't or don't do the same thing. It's merely pointing out that Bobcat as a corporation was at the mercy of their dealer network. Many Bobcat dealers sold a lot of tractors and are well run no matter what machine they happen to sell. On the other hand, IMO, a lot of their dealers are/were dead weight; in a mega-corporation that is always an inevitable down side. Adding hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of inventory exacerbated problems for those dealers in an already over-crowded field. Cabela's doesn't have that problem. They, like Bobcat, will be able to capitalize on their good name for a while. But after that they'll be forced to compartmentalize their tractor business as it grows simply because it is so specialized that their average employees will be too disconnected. It will be at that point that Cabela's will show if they are truely willing to build a tractor business. My guess is they will succeed because they have a good product (TYM), a good model to follow (their boat business) and a very loyal customer base.

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #24  
Is the loader capacity on the 50hp really only 1900lbs?

Thats less than my DK40 Kioti???

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #25  
Is the loader capacity on the 50hp really only 1900lbs?

Thats less than my DK40 Kioti???
Cabela's by Woods LD108 loader:Breakout at bucket pin 4200. Breakout 19.7" ahead of bucket pins is 3375. Lift to full height at bucket pins is 2375, lift to full height 19.7" ahead of bucket pins is 1950. Plenty of capability for anything done with a 50hp tractor. Also note that many published loader lift specs are calculated, not tested. Woods loaders are very well made, should last a lifetime, and have been capacity tested with real world tasks; e.g. Bales, bucket loads, etc. IMO, I always like to understand whether or not any given loader can do the job the user needs it for, then who makes the loader.

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #26  
   / Cabela's and TYM Tractors #27  
I don't think it's fair to compare when Bobcat launched themselves into the CUT universe with Cabela's. First of all, Bobcat is an international and very traditionally run old-line corporation. They're in a cut-throat industry already, constantly evlauating their bottom line. Every margin percentage forces a thumbs up or thumbs down decision. Obviously tractor sales were taking away from their bottom line in other areas. Cabella's, on the other hand, is in a niche market. Though they are sizeable and stock thousands of different products, they are much more capable of individualized service to the general public. That's not saying that implement dealers can't or don't do the same thing. It's merely pointing out that Bobcat as a corporation was at the mercy of their dealer network. Many Bobcat dealers sold a lot of tractors and are well run no matter what machine they happen to sell. On the other hand, IMO, a lot of their dealers are/were dead weight; in a mega-corporation that is always an inevitable down side. Adding hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of inventory exacerbated problems for those dealers in an already over-crowded field. Cabela's doesn't have that problem. They, like Bobcat, will be able to capitalize on their good name for a while. But after that they'll be forced to compartmentalize their tractor business as it grows simply because it is so specialized that their average employees will be too disconnected. It will be at that point that Cabela's will show if they are truely willing to build a tractor business. My guess is they will succeed because they have a good product (TYM), a good model to follow (their boat business) and a very loyal customer base.

I get what you are saying (big box store shouldn't market tractor's) Hope I am correct in that assessment.....

But

For years I gawked at the tractors that were listed in the northern tool catalog. Yep while I was in my 20's and had NO money and lil' kids, I would sit on the John doing my business and think of all the things that I could get done. I didn't buy one of those tractors but I am sure that it inspired me to spend my hard earned money on something practical and useful in my later years.

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #28  
Thosw figures are far greater than what is listed on the website

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS-LWM-TRACTOR-ATTACHMENTS-LOADERS/1672635.uts?productVariantId=3604555&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=44-18918161-2&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03748802&rid=20

I need to be able to pick up a pallet that weighs 2200lbs with pallet forks on. Ideally I'd like even more capacity, otherwise I'm not getting much bang for my buck with the upgrade

Can any CUT handle 2200 lbs of weight ON a pallet?

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #29  
   / Cabela's and TYM Tractors #30  
Right ... And mine will do 2,040 but not 2,080. Finally weighed my forks, they're right about 375.

I just don't know if any of these CUT loaders will do 2,200 ON TOP of a pallet like he said.

Now granted, mine is the "4th strongest" loader on paper of the CUT'S right now (max weight at pins at max height)

Mahindra's ML156 on the 5010/6010 is listed at I believe 3122.

Kioti's KL6010 (same strength specs as the KL401) on the NX/DK is listed at 2,761.

Bobcat's 9TL on the CT series (same as Kioti DK) is 2,600.

Massey's DL130 is next at 2,527.

I guess if anybody's loader could do it, it would be Mahindra's, maybe Kioti's, but I've never seen real world pallet lift numbers posted if the Mahindra, and I don't believe I've seen hard numbers posted on Kioti's.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.