Cabela's and TYM Tractors

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #1  

Texasgreen

Silver Member
Tractor
06 Montana 4940C/R4/FEL arched boom.
Was in Grapevine, Tx and stopped in at Cabela's sporting goods and they had TYM tractors for sale. They were green with tan wheels. They had open top tractors and cab tractors also. The largest tractor they sold was a 50hp cab tractor. It's was priced at $39k for the tractor and another & 6,300 for the loader.

Attachments

• image-735020583.jpg
    image-735020583.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 1,358
  • image-2205948132.jpg
    image-2205948132.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 916
   / Cabela's and TYM Tractors #2  
From the price tag it sounds like Cabelas must be pretty proud of them!

No tractors for sale yet at their store here in Maine.

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #3  
Surprised they don't have one in camo with a gun rack?????:laughing:

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors
Yes, they were very high in price.

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #5  
I am curious on how well they will sell at that price when the only tractor diference is paint and decals from a regular TYM tractor.

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #6  
saw them in e hart,ct high sticker as well, had some cabs some open station and usually listed monthly payment vs actual cost.....go figure

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #7  
I noticed this and similar threads related to Cabela's Tractors and I thought it would be helpful to lay out all of the information about this topic. Full disclosure, I am a 20-year veteran of the Ag Equipment industry and I currently serve as an advisor to Cabela's Wildlife & Land Management business, which includes amongst other products, compact tractors and tractor implements. The Tractorbynet community has always been a great source of information related to tractors, and the users themselves represent the best of the small tractor enthusiasts. In the interest of getting all of the correct information presented, here are the key facts:

1. The tractors are indeed built by Tong Yang Moolsan at their brand-new Iksan South Korea (South Korea is home to LG, Samsung, Hyundai to name a few prominant brands) manufacturing plant, which is ISO 9001 certified. Probably the cleanest, most well-organized tractor plant I've ever seen, and I've been fortunate to see many; from North America, South America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia. This plant is second to none in terms of a focus on quality. Cabela's tractors are now offered in 35HP ROPS, Gear and Hydro, 43HP ROPS and CAB, Gear or Hydro and 50HP ROPS and Cab, Gear and Hydro. The 35s all come with one set of rear remotes, the 43 and 50 come with two sets. All ROPS models come with a canopy as standard, the Cab models are fully decked out with heat/AC, audio systems, front and rear wipers, front and rear work lights and even a leather seat with backrest extension, something not typically found in compact tractors.

2. All tractor attachments and implements are made by Woods Equipment, and are branded Cabela's by Woods. This includes loaders, backhoes, rotary cutters, totary tillers, finish mowers, grading scrapers, rear blades, box scrapers, post-hole-diggers, stump grinders, landscape rakes, root grapples, snow blowers, pallet forks and bale spears.

3. The tires and wheels are made by Titan, and are offered in R1, R3 and R4.

4. Cabela's services all of the equipment in their state-of-the-art service shops located at every Cabela's Wildlife & Land Management location, either in a facility attached to the main building or within a mile or two of the store. Cabela's has been servicing boats with outboard engines up to 300HP, so they already understand the connection between machinery sales and service. For tractors, they added overhead cranes, high capacity forklifts, new tools, etc., and most important of all, experienced tractor technicians. Cabela's has the capability to perform any repair, including splitting a transmission if needed.

5. Cabela's has done several things to enhance the Tong Yang tractor, including the installation of steel shields mounted in the undercarriage to protect the fuel tank, filters, hoses and other exposed areas of the tractor. Cabela's is known for understanding how their customers use their products, and they believe that taking these extra steps to protect an investment is the right thing to do.

6. As for pricing, we all know that list price and final price are two very different things. When sitting down to get an actual quote, the Cabela's equipment prices are far below those of the top two brands, and are highly competitive with all of the others. Considering the Woods implements, Titan Tires & Wheels, enhanced shielding, five year powertrain and three-year full machine warranty--all parts and labor included with no deductible, canopy standard on all ROPS models, Cabela's believes that they offer a lot of value and they back everything up. Cabela's has trademarked the term "Legendary Customer Service," and it is deeply embedded in their culture. The customer IS always right as far as they are concerned.

7. As far as whether offering compact tractor and implements fits the Cabela's brand; consider this. The Rural Lifestyler that buys and uses compact tractors is the very customer that lives the outfoor lifestyle that Cabela's has served for over 50 years. From selling trout flies through the mail during their humble beginnings in Western Nebraska, to having over 50 locations now open in North America, with another 23 under construction, Dick, Mary and Jim Cabela have always had a sense for finding new ways to serve their customers. Though Dick passed away just last month, Mary and Jim are not only still with us, Jim is the Cabela's Chairman of the Board. He was also amongst the first to buy a Cabela's tractor. Pretty amazing stuff when you think about it.

I hope that readers will find this information useful; at least it is an accurate overview of the key facts. Above everything, tractorbynet members want the straight scoop. Anything other than that doesn't serve anyone very well.

Here is a link to the Cabela's Wildlife & Land Management website if anyone is interested. Again, be careful not to confuse list price with selling price.

Wildlife & Land Management : Cabela's

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #8  
I check them out before I purchased my t503. Tried to work out a price, but Cabela was just way to off on their price, at least a 5 grand difference. When looking at the FEL, it wasn't near as beefed up as the t5000 on the TYM, and the load specs indicated it as well

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #9  
I drive by that Cabellas daily. I'm a Cabellas fan and appreciate the fact that they're bringing on staff to support wildlife management.

Verdict still out on their success in selling tractors. The salesman always look kinda bored when I'm there. I'm curious how many they've sold.

/ Cabela's and TYM Tractors #10  
Cabela's saw an opportunity to increase sales, and jumped on it. I know plenty of folk who'd pay top dollar for a "brand-name" like Cabela's. I bet they sell a bunch to folk who are "new" to tractors and looking to maximize their game management experience.

As for pricing, it's not much different than buying an LS vs. a New Holland or CaseIH. All the same tractors in many cases, but buying the LS will save you big bucks, plus have better specs and options standard...

My .02

Lunk