T293 Owners - Your Thoughts?

/ T293 Owners - Your Thoughts? #1  

E3A

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
I have been strongly considering an LS Tractor, but somebody I talked to advised me to look at the TYM T293 before I made my final decision. This machine has every one of my wish list features included without breaking my budget. I'm looking for feedback from current owners. Are you happy with it? Would you recommend it?

I guess part of my hesitation is that I don't know much about the company (other than what I've read on the interwebs). However, when I searched for a dealer there are 4 dealers within 30 miles from me as opposed to only 1 LS dealer within 75 miles from me (although there are a few NH dealers if parts was an issue) - so that seems beneficial.

I'm going to go park my keester in one on Saturday, but I'd love to get some feedback from owners that have one and can share their experiences, good and bad.

I appreciate any feedback.

/ T293 Owners - Your Thoughts? #2  
I have a 353 with 120 trouble free hours. I think if you just scan the TYM section here you will get a good feeling for the brand. Many of the posts are model specific so you can see if the 293 has any bugs to be aware of. Having 4 dealers within 30 miles is GREAT for any brand!

Good Luck.

/ T293 Owners - Your Thoughts? #3  
Hi E3A, I strongly agree with joeyd, having 3 dealers within 30 miles is an astonishing thing! My closest dealer is approx 100 miles away; thus far - 425 hrs - I haven't needed a dealer...knock on my wooden head! If ever I do need an item I'll just attempt to locate it via the internet and hopefully all goes well. I know you asked about the 293 and I've got the 273 - same class tractor. With proper self-performed maintenance, I'd expect you to have the same trouble-free experience as I've been fortunate enough to have had. Read the threads in the TYM forum and you'll swiftly learn what to watch out for. Mainly, overheating due to a clogged up radiator screen that is easy to keep clean once you are aware of the possible problems that may occur.
Happy Tractorin', Greg

/ T293 Owners - Your Thoughts? #4  
I have a 273 and have been pleased with the value it has provided. I'd be curious as the tasks you are looking to do? I know there are others out there right now that are looking for guidance so this thread might be able to help a few others.

/ T293 Owners - Your Thoughts? #5  
I've put about 25 hours on my T293 w/ a cab. No issues with it, love the quick attach for other attachments.

/ T293 Owners - Your Thoughts? #6  
I have the 293 and love it. It has 200 ours on it and the only part I have replaced is a radiator hose.

/ T293 Owners - Your Thoughts? #7  
Bought my T293 new last May. Have about 70 hours on it doing FEL work, using a 6' box blade to level my driveway and my neighbor's driveway, using a 3-point log splitter to split a couple cords of firewood (highly recommend getting the rear hydraulic remotes), and letting my wife borrow it :) to flex harrow her outdoor riding arena. It has been trouble free. Only issue was a minor leak around the hydraulic sight glass when i got it that was fixed with some Permatex. Absolutely love the tractor.

/ T293 Owners - Your Thoughts? #8  
At only 50 hours and no issues on my tractor the tym 293 always brings a smile when I climb in the seat:thumbsup:

Jeff