Purchased new T503

/ Purchased new T503 #11  
Sorry to hear the bad news. I don't know of anyone else to have a failure like this on a new TYM tractor. Hopefully they fix it asap with a new block, so you can go play in the dirt.

/ Purchased new T503
Full of oil, it was just delivered by the dealer...

Update: Dealer thinks that the engine jumped time, and broke gear on or near camshaft, and this caused the damage. He took valve cover off and found the push rods bent. Said that Perkins want him to bring the tractor to them in Ft. Smith, Ar so that they can repair or replace the engine.. Perkins said that they had another engine do that, but won't know for sure until they take engine apart. Dealer said it may take a month to six weeks to get the tractor back, so yesterday I traded for the new T554 with the teir 4 Yanmar engine. Dealer gave good deal, and said he only wanted me to be happy. Waiting on delivery today.. Hoping for the best on this one...

/ Purchased new T503 #13  
Congrats on second new tractor. Glad to see the dealer stepping up and making the customer happy. Yanmar makes a great engine.

/ Purchased new T503 #14  
Oh Congrats and more horsepower.

/ Purchased new T503 #15  
Wow, that's too bad. It sounds like the dealer is making it right.

/ Purchased new T503 #16  
How's it going with the 554? I'm planning on heading to my local TYM, Kioti, LS dealer on Saturday and I'm interested to know how your new tractor is working out and if you've heard anything about the 503 you had problems with.

Thanks for your time.

/ Purchased new T503
We have had so much rain here I have not been able to use it much. Have put about 5 hours on it. So far I really like it. There are two things that I do not like. The oil level is very hard to check with the FEL attached, and in bright sunlight the dash lights are very hard to see. The rear remotes are standard on the TYM, and I think the remotes are extra on the Kioti, and LS. The 554 has a Yanmar engine. The 503 had a Perkins. I think you will be happy with any of the tractors you are going to look at. Last time I talked to the dealer he had not heard anything from Perkins about the 503, but he did say that the repair shop had another 503 in the shop with the same problem.. I went by the dealer on Memorial Day, and he was closed, but did not see the 503 on the lot.

/ Purchased new T503 #18  
Is the 554 any larger than the 503 it replaced. I've heard some say it's a little bigger. Not HP wise but size wise?

/ Purchased new T503
Is the 554 any larger than the 503 it replaced. I've heard some say it's a little bigger. Not HP wise but size wise?

It seems to be the same size. 5 more hp. Didn't have the 503 long enough to really get to know it, but the 503 and 554 seem to be equal.

/ Purchased new T503
Stopped by the dealer last week and he still has the T503 on his lot. Perkins repaired the motor, but the tractor has not sold yet. The dealer was not in, so don't really know why he has not sold it yet. Talked to dealer sometime time ago, and he did not really say what all Perkins had to do to get the engine repaired. The 554 that I traded for is doing great, and have enjoyed using it. Only one problem so far and that is there is apparently a short in the dash hour meter. Sometimes the hour meter can be seen, and other times it is so dim that it can hardly be seen. Thought I would wait until I get more hours on it to see if anything else needs repairing before I get it back to dealer to have the hour meter repaired...