TYM?

/ TYM? #1  

jrbarnard

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
Well, I am getting closer to being able to get a tractor... still a little away, but I keep up on the latest etc, or so I thought. I was trying to look at TYM models and.. well.. the site I went to and people I spoke to last year do not seem to be pushing TYM like they did last year. Then, I get on here, and there are so few posts updates in the TYM section, I came across a post and went, "hey.. that was me.. wait.. that was last year".

Anything going on with TYM to account for the low activity here?

I know, may seem strange to ask, but when I called the dealer that I was looking at, I noticed their specials had zero TYM and used to have half the page TYM, and then they really did not seem interested in offering a TYM comparison. Not that they were not friendly, but it seemed a little less of an option than before, so figured to ask.. heh

Anyway, was just checking in. Building the new house is taking longer than expected and it set everything back so.. no tractor yet because nowhere to put it ;)

Russ

/ TYM? #2  
Well, I am getting closer to being able to get a tractor... still a little away, but I keep up on the latest etc, or so I thought. I was trying to look at TYM models and.. well.. the site I went to and people I spoke to last year do not seem to be pushing TYM like they did last year. Then, I get on here, and there are so few posts updates in the TYM section, I came across a post and went, "hey.. that was me.. wait.. that was last year".

Anything going on with TYM to account for the low activity here?

I know, may seem strange to ask, but when I called the dealer that I was looking at, I noticed their specials had zero TYM and used to have half the page TYM, and then they really did not seem interested in offering a TYM comparison. Not that they were not friendly, but it seemed a little less of an option than before, so figured to ask.. heh

Anyway, was just checking in. Building the new house is taking longer than expected and it set everything back so.. no tractor yet because nowhere to put it ;)

Russ

There may not be much to say. I've had a T293 and now a T603. Both tractors run well, I haven't had any major issues with them. I'm assuming others are busy using them.

/ TYM? #3  
I have a T723 and its ran well for me. The only problem I had was the top hatch broke a hinge. The battery that they came with was weak and wouldn't start it in the winter, a new battery solved that. The dealer I bought it from went belly up and the next closest, 120 miles, quit selling them but still does some of the warranty work but they have a hard time doing that. The fellow there is hoping that TMY will merge with Mahindra who they currently sell and have a good relation with.

/ TYM?
Gotcha.. that makes sense. I am not able to get anything till late next year, so anything can happen. I just have been looking at tractors with CABs and trying to find the smallest I could, since I really do not use it that much BUT.. could use it at my ranch too. I wanted the A/C.. heh. I mean, if I needed a work-horse, I'd ditch the A/C for horsepower.. lol.. but since I am trying to get something that will mow 2 acres AND be able to be used on a 330 acre ranch in he hill country.. a tractor seems a much better choice than a belly tractor or high end mower. TYM seems to have the best prices for the HP, so was originally focused on them. Now, not a ton of info about them on the websites I was frequenting and the dealers sorta replaced them with Branson or LS or Mahindra. Mahindra is like 5k more expensive, apples to apples, than TYM or Branson.

Ok, rambling.. anyway, good to see folks still like their TYM.

Thanks guys.

Russ

/ TYM? #5  
Gotcha.. that makes sense. I am not able to get anything till late next year, so anything can happen. I just have been looking at tractors with CABs and trying to find the smallest I could, since I really do not use it that much BUT.. could use it at my ranch too. I wanted the A/C.. heh. I mean, if I needed a work-horse, I'd ditch the A/C for horsepower.. lol.. but since I am trying to get something that will mow 2 acres AND be able to be used on a 330 acre ranch in he hill country.. a tractor seems a much better choice than a belly tractor or high end mower. TYM seems to have the best prices for the HP, so was originally focused on them. Now, not a ton of info about them on the websites I was frequenting and the dealers sorta replaced them with Branson or LS or Mahindra. Mahindra is like 5k more expensive, apples to apples, than TYM or Branson.

Ok, rambling.. anyway, good to see folks still like their TYM.

Thanks guys.

Russ

Really depends on what your needs are. 330 acre ranch in hill country, what do you want to do? I have 20 acres with a mix of woods and open fields and the 29hp got pretty small. In my part of the country a cab is a must because of the winter, most of what we do is snow removal.

Having mowed with a belly mower, 3pt and other lawn mowers I would urge you to stay with a lawn mower - zero turn or older front mount deck type. They are easier to maneuver , quicker and less maintenance cost than operating your tractor for mowing. Just my 2 cents.

/ TYM?
I want to be able to dig up cedar trees, which we do with our 28hp we borrow out there can do okay but the 24hp can't really do the cedars. We use both of them for the roads and moving rocks etc around...as well as general stuff, moving deer stands, feeders, etc.

I just have to wait till someone has one of the two tractors available and then ask them to bring it out etc and I would like to be able to go out to the ranch and do this stuff on my own anytime I get a wild hair.

Then, figured that rather than buy a mower.. I could also mow the 2 acres with it.

May need a small riding mower for the fine trim.. but for the open pasture behind us.. we could use the tractor....the larger areas.

Russ

/ TYM? #7  
I cleared 3 acres of mainly cedars with a T353 HST. I have the frame mounted backhoe as well which came in handy. I found the best way to clear was to push the cedars over and then turn around and pick them up with the backhoe. The backhoe provided enough ballast to lift the cedars if I wanted to but it quickly became apparent that I could snatch them with the backhoe and skid them out easier.

Since the land has been cleared I used a box blade to grade with and now keep it mowed using a Rhino SE5 mower. I have had very few problems with the tractor.

For the few things I did need it does take a week or so longer than it should to get parts but since the down time is not critical to me it has not been a problem. I think given time TYM will get the support function up to speed. My dealer is great to work with and has nothing but good things to say about the TYM line. He sells Jinma and Daedong as well but tells me the TYMs are better performers.

/ TYM?
Very nice, Walker. I appreciate the reply.

I tell ya, so hard to nail down any one item. I love the power of a skid steer and the attachments for clearing land, but they weigh a LOT so I would have to sell my F-150 and buy a new truck to haul them.. heh.

But, a tractor is lighter and can still do a lot of things, and mowing would be easier, I think.

I saw a guy doing t-posts with his loader once, that looked very helpful.

Just spending a lot of time to make sure I get something and do not go "if I only had...."X".

Anyway, yakking is all. I love the prices of the TYM and all the good things I have heard about them. When I nail down what I want to do with a tractor, and what they can and cannot actually do, I'll start looking closer at the models.

Thank you for the input!

Russ

/ TYM? #9  
I really enjoy my 2013 T503 HST Cab, it has 200 hrs. and no problem, the cab is a must, no more elements and insects to deal with. You will be hard pressed to find a better tractor with all the standard options and performance for the price. So far dealer support has not been an issue for me, I've been able to cross oil and fuel filters and pick them up at the local parts house. My only concern with the new tractors would be the Tier IV engines, but time will tell. The money you save can be spent on all sorts of attachments and implements. My favorite attachment is the tree/post puller I made out of forklift forks, keeps me from getting out of the cab to pick up stuff, LOL.

Good luck on your purchase, which ever model
Darrell

/ TYM? #10  
I really like my TYM 293 only 50 HRS of run time but no issues yet

Attachments

• 20150606_141821.jpg
    20150606_141821.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 376