any thoughts on 554

/ any thoughts on 554 #1  

jocko165

Tractor
massey ferguson 220-4
I am looking at the 554 as possible purchase. any body have any thoughts or experience , good and bad, with these tractors?

/ any thoughts on 554 #2  
Can't speak for the 554 only the 503 which it replaced, only difference I see is the new tier4 (stricter emissions) engine 55hp Yanmar , the 503 has the Tier3 engine 50hp Perkins/Cat.
The tractor itself is a great unit, strong, well built, with a lot of standards that DJ and Kubota don't have, unless you upgrade and pay extra for.

My only complaint is the seat which was an easy fix for me.

Darrell

/ any thoughts on 554 #3  
I am looking at the 554 as possible purchase. any body have any thoughts or experience , good and bad, with these tractors?
Purchased 554 a few months ago (after the 503 Perkins engine blew up after I had used it for only 2/10 of an hour). Like the tractor and seems well built. Only have about 15 hours on it. Only problem so far is with an apparent short in the dash hour meter. Sometimes the hour meter is lighted up brightly, and other times it is so dim I can hardly see the hours. Thought I would wait on the repair until I need more than just that. Purchased mine in DeQueen where I was treated really great.

/ any thoughts on 554 #4  
Cabela's is selling the same tractor with a different loader (Woods), seat and tires with green paint. The Cabela's in my area with their sales price was cheaper than the TYM dealer. That is up here in Massachusetts.

/ any thoughts on 554 #5  
Cabela's is selling the same tractor with a different loader (Woods), seat and tires with green paint. The Cabela's in my area with their sales price was cheaper than the TYM dealer. That is up here in Massachusetts.

Does Cabela's still selling the tractors? I think you'd be better off if you bought 554 directly from TYM for technical supports or things like that.

/ any thoughts on 554 #6  
Does Cabela's still selling the tractors? I think you'd be better off if you bought 554 directly from TYM for technical supports or things like that.

Yes they do. They seem very committed to tractors. Just like boats.

/ any thoughts on 554 #7  

Yes they are. They seem very committed to selling tractors, just like their boats. The problem some people have, some of TYM dealers are small operations. They open up and close in a couple of years. Some are larger and stay do very well. I know where Cabela's is going to be in 10 years, where is the small dealer going to be. Let's not forget John Deer recently consolidated a lot of dealers. Some of these dealers were selling JD products for 75+ years. There is one TYM dealer in my state. Their main business is truck accessories, caps, plows etc... They were a Montana dealer before they went out of business.

/ any thoughts on 554 #8  
Yes they are. They seem very committed to selling tractors, just like their boats. The problem some people have, some of TYM dealers are small operations. They open up and close in a couple of years. Some are larger and stay do very well. I know where Cabela's is going to be in 10 years, where is the small dealer going to be. Let's not forget John Deer recently consolidated a lot of dealers. Some of these dealers were selling JD products for 75+ years. There is one TYM dealer in my state. Their main business is truck accessories, caps, plows etc... They were a Montana dealer before they went out of business.

TYM brand maybe still new in the northeast, but as you're well aware, it's true their tractors are pretty good. Just their lineup makes TYM Dealers to be small operations, I think.

/ any thoughts on 554 #9  
TYM brand maybe still new in the northeast, but as you're well aware, it's true their tractors are pretty good. Just their lineup makes TYM Dealers to be small operations, I think.

TYM is new to the United States. They only a started selling tractors in the US in 2004 with their name on it. They have had built tractors for others that have been here a little longer. TYM makes a nice tractor. I am very interested in them. Mahindra sells some rebranded TYM's. They used to be the 10 series. Now they are the 2500 series. The US is TYM's largest market. Just wish there was a large stable dealer near me.

/ any thoughts on 554 #10  
Have you purchased a tractor yet?