Specs on new tractors

/ Specs on new tractors #1  

Cranedaddy

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM T354 HST
Has anybody noticed the PTO HP ratings on the TYM website is significantly lower than a few months ago?

I've got a T354 HST with a PTO HP rating of 29hp. I've got the brochure for it that the dealer gave me and it says 29 PTO hp. The TYM website use to match that but now the T354 HST is rated 26.8 PTO HP but there is also a new model, the T394 HST. The T394 is rated 37.4 flywheel HP with 28.8 PTO HP. The T394 sounds interesting but there's very little difference on paper compared to the T354. Maybe it's just a marketing gimmick?

/ Specs on new tractors #2  
Has anybody noticed the PTO HP ratings on the TYM website is significantly lower than a few months ago? I've got a T354 HST with a PTO HP rating of 29hp. I've got the brochure for it that the dealer gave me and it says 29 PTO hp. The TYM website use to match that but now the T354 HST is rated 26.8 PTO HP but there is also a new model, the T394 HST. The T394 is rated 37.4 flywheel HP with 28.8 PTO HP. The T394 sounds interesting but there's very little difference on paper compared to the T354. Maybe it's just a marketing gimmick?

My guess would be they had the same PTO power for HST and Shuttle. I have never seen the same rating for both transmissions.

/ Specs on new tractors
That's what I thought too but my brochure has two different categories by transmission. They both were rated at 29 pto hp and now even the manual transmission is rated less than 29 hp at the pto.

/ Specs on new tractors #5  
That's what I thought too but my brochure has two different categories by transmission. They both were rated at 29 pto hp and now even the manual transmission is rated less than 29 hp at the pto.
Yes they were both 29 and I have never seen a tractor with HST and shuttle transmissions have same PTO hp. I think they made a mistake. The shuttle is now rate 28.1 hp. Seems they rounded it up or things have changed.

/ Specs on new tractors
20160530_103253.jpg

The metric ratings have always been included. Go to the website and look at the power specs they have listed now. They're different from this brochure that is only a few months old.

T354 35 Horsepower Compact Utility Tractor - TYM Tractors

/ Specs on new tractors #9  
   / Specs on new tractors #10  
As far as European ratings go, are they quoting 550 ft-lbs/sec HP or Metric HP, or P.S., C.V., kW, or what? Most Europeans like to claim they have a central metric system, but the last time I bought Italian Test Equipment in the late 1990s, the air flow was quoted in Normal Liters, not cc/sec or m^3/min, or anything lese standard in the normal metric system.

I'd suspect they are using different units rather than changing the HP rating.

30 SAE HP is 30.4 cv or ps or metric HP, but is only 22.37 kW. Many times Europeans give power in kW. I personally don't care as long as they tell me the units.