Thinking of TYM for my next tractor

/ Thinking of TYM for my next tractor #1  

sspenst

Bronze Member
Tractor
2019 Mahindra 2638 HST CAB w/Loader, 2 sets Rear Aux Hydraulics,Mid PTO, Cruise, Trailer Socket
I think maybe thinking of going with TYM as my next tractor!
i have a Mahindra 3016 Shuttle ROPS atm. see what i can get on trade or sell privately up here near Dawson Creek,BC.
looking at a T394 Hydro or a t454 hydro. thinking the t454 is the better way to go. more pto HP. altho the dealer ill rattling with is leaning towards
a T554 CAB Hydro..... i plan on keeping all my 5 foot implements that i have so any of these tractors will fit the bill! just gonna add a Factory Third Function to it.
has a special price on it because it is a 2015 i believe which was bought at a Better exchange rate... kinda getting hosed up here in canada ATM......
see what kind of a deal he can come up with as i have a strict budget to follow!
i figure TYM or Mahindra is good, but tym does build for mahindra.. so why not skip middle man and go for more STANDARD options LOL
seems like the rear remotes are optional on Mahindras...

/ Thinking of TYM for my next tractor #2  
I bought a TYM T234 HST in May and but about 70 hours on it without any major issues. Just traded for a 2017 T394 HST. The seat was actually better in the 234, but the 394 is significantly more powerful. I put about 9 hours on the 394 this week-end. The 394 had a hydraulic leak at the loader quick connects right off the bat, but is seems to have fixed itself and stopped leaking. No rear remotes on the 394 and the seat belt does not retract so it gets in the way. I am happy with TYM as I need a lot of loader lift capacity. I don't think that TYM makes Mahindra anymore though. Local NC dealer has 394 with loader for $18,888 USD.

Good luck!

/ Thinking of TYM for my next tractor #3  
I bought a TYM T234 HST in May and but about 70 hours on it without any major issues. Just traded for a 2017 T394 HST. The seat was actually better in the 234, but the 394 is significantly more powerful. I put about 9 hours on the 394 this week-end. The 394 had a hydraulic leak at the loader quick connects right off the bat, but is seems to have fixed itself and stopped leaking. No rear remotes on the 394 and the seat belt does not retract so it gets in the way. I am happy with TYM as I need a lot of loader lift capacity. I don't think that TYM makes Mahindra anymore though. Local NC dealer has 394 with loader for $18,888 USD. Good luck!

TYM still makes the 25xx series tractors for Mahindra. They now have a Mahindra engine in them. I agree, go right to the company that makes the tractor. The TYM branded tractors cost less than the Mahindras and have more options. But the price on the Cabela's TYM's are pretty low right now with 0% financing.

/ Thinking of TYM for my next tractor #4  
I am late in responding to this thread, but wish to add my enthusiasm for my 503. I have put 175 hours on it doing mowing, hay hauling, loader, blade and fork lift work, and am very happy with my investment. Fits my needs well.

/ Thinking of TYM for my next tractor #5  
I think maybe thinking of going with TYM as my next tractor!
i have a Mahindra 3016 Shuttle ROPS atm. see what i can get on trade or sell privately up here near Dawson Creek,BC.
looking at a T394 Hydro or a t454 hydro. thinking the t454 is the better way to go. more pto HP. altho the dealer ill rattling with is leaning towards
a T554 CAB Hydro..... i plan on keeping all my 5 foot implements that i have so any of these tractors will fit the bill! just gonna add a Factory Third Function to it.
has a special price on it because it is a 2015 i believe which was bought at a Better exchange rate... kinda getting hosed up here in canada ATM......
see what kind of a deal he can come up with as i have a strict budget to follow!
i figure TYM or Mahindra is good, but tym does build for mahindra.. so why not skip middle man and go for more STANDARD options LOL
seems like the rear remotes are optional on Mahindras...

I missed this one earlier as well. I think you'd love the TYMs. Mine is a Mahindra 2538 which is essentially the T394 you are looking at. It's been bullet proof so far with 6' implements.

As for what you end up with, just make sure there is a great dealer and parts/service department nearby. I grew up in Fort St John just up the road from DC and know how hard it can be to get parts and service some times up in the Peace River Region! Good luck and stay warm!

Clearing deadfall 2 resize.jpg

/ Thinking of TYM for my next tractor #6  
A friend and new TBNer just bought a new 394 HST cab. He loves it...chuckle. Came from two OLD Fords... If your implements are 60 inchers, the 394 should be fine.

His issues: The factory dual hydraulic ports for the rear are on back order for 30 days. And if a radio is important, the factory radio option comes with the interface wiring harness, of course, but the wiring is not available as an individual part for aftermarket add on. He had to remove his roof (easy 5 bolts I think) and wire his DIN radio connections individually into the speakers and power.

My issues: His did not come with a 3PH draft control, which is mandatory for me.