New 2015 TYM T454 On The Way!

/ New 2015 TYM T454 On The Way! #1  

ID Corgi Ranch

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2038R w/Backhoe, JD X350
Hi, guys...

Pretty new to tractors and first post on the forum.

Just wrapped up a deal on a new 2015 TYM T454 with cab. Should hit the road on it's way to me from TX some time next week.

I never knew I needed a tractor until I moved to northern Idaho 2.5 years ago and bought my first SCUT...a Massey GC1710. It's used mostly for snow removal and driveway/road maintenance. Now that I know I NEED a tractor, obviously I NEED a bigger one! So, the TYM fit my budget and the 2015 I chose was a closeout special. Can't wait to get it and I'll update this as soon as it arrives and I get to spend some quality, alone time with it. I noticed while doing my research there wasn't a lot of info out there on this particular machine. Maybe I can help with that.

Looking forward to learning about what I can do with this new machine from some of you experts.

Last edited:
   / New 2015 TYM T454 On The Way! #2  
Hi, guys...

Pretty new to tractors and first post on the forum.

Just wrapped up a deal on a new 2015 TYM T454 with cab. Should hit the road on it's way to me from TX some time next week.

I never knew I needed a tractor until I moved to northern Idaho a 2.5 years ago and bought my first SCUT...a Massey GC1710. It's used mostly for snow removal and driveway/road maintenance. Now that I know I NEED a tractor, obviously I NEED a bigger one! So, the TYM fit my budget and the 2015 I chose was a closeout special. Can't wait to get it and I'll update this as soon as it arrives and I get to spend some quality, alone time with it. I noticed while doing my research there wasn't a lot of info out there on this particular machine. Maybe I can help with that.

Looking forward to learning about what I can do with this new machine from some of you experts.

You should love it. I have a 2015 T554 and really like it. The only common problem that many have had ( including me) is the dash that shows the amount of fuel, and hours fades out after a short period of time. TYM said they have a newer improved version, and after mine was replaced I have not had any more problems with it, but have my doubts that it is going to hold up. Make sure yours is the new version before it ships. Also talked to my dealer a few weeks ago, and he said there was some kind of recall about I think a pen or something needing to be installed or replaced. Dealer is about 60 miles away, and he said he would install it when he was down this way. Might check on that... Good luck and enjoy your new ride....

/ New 2015 TYM T454 On The Way! #3  
I have the same tractor but cabela's with wood's loader. Great tractor with plenty of power. I have pulled some huge trees through the woods with it. I am having problems with my LCD also but cabela's won't repair it. First thing I did when I got the tractor was to remove the DPF and put antifreeze/water in the rear tires. Pulles almost as good at ag tires in the mud. Good luck with it and enjoy.

/ New 2015 TYM T454 On The Way!
Loading the tires will be one of the first things on the agenda. I did ask the dealer to check any recalls and to check the dash lights and take care of them before he ships it...we'll see. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. I wanted another Massey but this one was WAY less with lots more features than a Massey. They seem to be decent tractors so I'm looking forward to trying it out. Sure will be nice not having to sit out in the open to plow the drive and road.

/ New 2015 TYM T454 On The Way! #5  
Corgi

If you need any dealer info, work done or parts you can trust Jordan Sales in Post Falls. They are the local TYM dealer and have always been helpful to me and other TBN readers.

Well, it arrived this morning bright and early.

Here are some thoughts:

This is the TYM T454 with Syncro Shuttle Shift. 16 speed, forward and reverse. It was a 2015 closeout from Big Red's in Granbury, TX with about 16 hours on the clock. Fantastic price and shipped relatively quickly. The online buying experience was good and the sales guy stayed in touch and was responsive to my calls and emails...even got an email from the owner when I complained about a minor issue. I was a little disappointed with the condition of the tractor when it arrived. I was told this tractor has been sitting on their lot for a little over a year and a half and it had some slight sun-fading on the hood and fenders. It did, I was expecting that and it's not a big deal. But...it was filthy inside, no washer fluid, missing a pin for one of the lower arm stabilizers on the 3-pt and really looked like it had been sitting around for the better part of two years. I even asked to make sure everything was ready to go prior to shipping...cleaned, fluids checked, known issues/recalls checked, etc. I was assured it was. Well, it wasn't. Not a big deal but a guy expects more when paying that kind of money for a new item.

Aside from that, I'm very pleased with this TYM. Starts and runs great. The cab is solid and comfortable and the heater works well (hope the AC does, too). The fit and finish of the parts seems every bit as good to me as the MF 1742 I was considering for $6500 more. Everything seems to be strong and well built. Judging by looks alone I'll never be able to wear this tractor out the way I'm gonna use it. I'm going from a hydro transmission on my little GC1710 so the shuttle shift will take a little getting comfortable with. But everything shifts easily and it goes in/out of gear and 4WD without any issues. The bucket and 3-point raise and lower quickly. I really like the feel of the loader joystick. I wish it was mounted on the fender instead of on the floor but I think I can adjust the lever a bit so it's easier to reach. The tilt steering is nice and the seat is comfy with a reclining backrest. It has a mechanical adjustment for the amount of stiffness in the seat suspension...haven't found the sweet spot on that yet. It has a nice stereo/CD player and 4 speakers. There's also an old-style round cigarette lighter and ashtray...haven't seen either of those items in any vehicle for years!

The steering is great. It's my understanding it has a separate pump for the steering. It's light and responsive. Very nice, heavy duty drawbar and hitch pin, too. It has adjustable lower arms/stabilizers on the 3-pt and hooking up my 6' rear blade was effortless.

My biggest complaint is the location of the accelerator pedal. It's on the right side and I have to really place the foot out to the right to reach it. I only wear a 9.5 size boot but there isn't a lot of room between the fender on the inside and the brake pedal. Once I drove it, though, it didn't seem as awkward as I thought it was going to be. Another thing that will probably just take a little time to adapt to.

My first impression is this is a LOT of tractor for the money. It has the full 5 year warranty that I'm hoping I won't have to use. If so I guess I'd better get familiar with Jordan's in Post Falls. Time will tell, I guess, but I'm liking what I'm seeing.

20180110_150401.jpg

20180110_150852.jpg

/ New 2015 TYM T454 On The Way! #8  
It looks good. Know you will really like it. Bet the last 10 days waiting for it to be delivered was tough.

I was like a kid that can't sleep on Christmas eve.

The driver told me Monday he'd likely be here Wed morning (today). I left for work about 6am expecting him to call me later in the day. Drove the 1/2 mile down my driveway to the highway and there he was. His cell phone wasn't working so he was just gonna drive it up to the house (I'd already told him not to try bringing the truck/trailer to the house). He was right when he said morning...

/ New 2015 TYM T454 On The Way! #10  
Congrats! Thanks for pointing this out to me. That is one **** of a deal.