Price Check TYM Pricing on 273 and 273....

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273.... #1  

Hard

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2320
I just got the following prices equipped with FEL and MMM:

233....$16,900

273....$17,900

It seems to be on the high side to me....

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273.... #3  
Where'd you get your quote? If the same place I did, I thought it was high too. I'm not sure what others are paying for this setup around the country. You might get a quote on a Kioti CK20HST for comparison, and to use as leverage to get em to lower the price. Wallace will give you quote via email in short order. If asking Wertz, they will be higher than Wallace by a large amount. HP wise they don't compare. But function wise, they do the same things. Me thinks you'll be able to get a CK20 much cheaper. Though between the two, I like the TYM better. The extra horsepower is really attractive for mowing. Even so, it's not thousands of dollars better.

Price wise, the CK25 will be about the same as the T273, maybe even a little less. But the CK25 is a much bigger and heavier machine, which is both good and bad depending on your intended uses. I must not be too far from you. I have a CK25 gear that you are welcome to come and test out (though I don't have a mower on it).

The T273 is a really nice machine. But, the price of admission looks to be awefully steep!........ Heck, if you have the cash, get what you want. You won't be sorry.

Tom

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273....
TYM quotes are from Walter's. They sounded pretty steep to me.

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273.... #5  
I agree. The same conclusion I drew when he quoted me. I'm not sure if it's Walter or TYM that is setting the price here. I would think that Walter would be wanting to sell some of them. TYM is going to have a hard time selling these machines at that price, I think.

Anyway, it sounds like you're facing the same decisions I had to. One deciding factor for me was that there are no TYM dealers close by to get it serviced. North Harrisburg is a ways from Westminster. With Kioti, even if you don't buy from Wertz, you can always get it serviced there. And there are a couple of other dealers not so far away also. And we owners do love our Kiotis too.

Everyone makes a big point about dealer quality. Naturally this is true IF you need them. Warranty issues are especially critical here. But, I bought my JD about 1/4 mile from my home (Finch). I've had to use the dealer a total of 1 time in 12+ years, and it wasn't for warranty repairs. So, while I had a reputable dealer in my backyard, I basically haven't needed them. Lucky? Indictative of JD quality? The norm for most good tractors? Well, I'm certain luck played a part, but I bet on the latter - Bought from Wallace to save serious money and am counting on not needing any warranty work, or if needed Wallace will support me from afar for simpler things, and even Wertz is obligated to honor warranty repairs. Time will tell if I made the right decision.

Having a dealer closeby is nice for getting maintenance parts easily, but with shipping and the internet, one can now easily have parts delivered to your doorstep.

Just thought I'd share some of my thought process and experiences with you. It's too bad that TYM doesn't have a larger dealer network. BTW, there is a Montana dealer in Clear Springs. You might want to check them out.

Tom

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273.... #6  
I looked at the 233 and 273 two weeks ago. The dealer in my area quoted me $21,000 for the 233 and $24,000 for the 273. This was with FEL and BH. To much for me so I had the MF GC2310 TLB delivered last Friday($16,900 delivered $0 down financing). Had the TYM dealer been willing to haggle a little he would have sold a tractor. Oh well 20 hours on the MF and found it to be plenty of tractor for what I have been doing.

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273.... #7  
I looked at the 233 and 273 two weeks ago. The dealer in my area quoted me $21,000 for the 233 and $24,000 for the 273. This was with FEL and BH. To much for me so I had the MF GC2310 TLB delivered last Friday($16,900 delivered $0 down financing). Had the TYM dealer been willing to haggle a little he would have sold a tractor. Oh well 20 hours on the MF and found it to be plenty of tractor for what I have been doing.

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273.... #8  
That dealer was trying to rob you. I was quoted about $21,000 for similar TLB setup on the 273. Still too high, but not $24K!

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273.... #9  
That dealer was trying to rob you. I was quoted about $21,000 for similar TLB setup on the 273. Still too high, but not $24K!