FYI: Protect your T237 seat.

/ FYI: Protect your T237 seat. #1  

flyer91

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM T273 HST
As you probably know the T273 (and I assume T233) seat has springs mounted under the rear portion that allows the seat to absorb shock.
This may not be an issue for some of you 'more delicate' folks, ;) but other heavyweights (read lead butts) like me, might want to take note.
When the seat springs compress the seat material can catch on the lower rear curved edge of the black plastic panel that is mounted to the right fender.
I managed to put a small tear (about 1/2" in the seat material (right by the welting (?) where the seat bottom curves up to become the seat back) when the springs compressed enough for it to go below the panel edge, and catch on the lower rear edge of the panel when the springs relaxed.
I stopped this from happening again by heating the plastic with a hair dryer and taking a flat piece of metal and folding/reforming the lower rear curved edge of the panel back under itself, so that it's edge couldn't cut the seat again.
This area is hidden so the fix doesn't create an eyesore.
I was also lucky enough to be able to remove the welting from the seat where the material got cut, and stretch the material back behind/underneath that part of the seat enough to be hidden under the welting once I put it back on.
Although this is not a problem on the other side (as the seat belt recoil housing seems to holds the seat away from the panel on that side) I still folded the lower rear edge of it away from the seat just in case I get to bouncing about too much.

And as the man said "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the show" ......