New member here, owner of 233, quite the little machine

/ New member here, owner of 233, quite the little machine #1  

Wobblin-Goblin

Gold Member
Tractor
2021 Massey Ferguson 4707
Very pleased with the tractor itself. Great visibility using the loader, digs like a raped ape (ok, so the bucket is small), and the twin-touch HST pedals are fast, fast, fast.

My only two complaints are 1) The dealer blows: Not long after buying the tractor, they dropped the TYM line and they are trying to ignore me...and 2) The tractor is cold-blooded. If it weren't for the glow plugs, this thing would never start.

Very nice little tractor overall.

/ New member here, owner of 233, quite the little machine #2  
Any particular reason you went with the 23hp vs. the 27hp? Just curious.
I had the dealer put a lower radiator heater on mine as the day I went to test drive it, it wouldn't start due to the cold. I haven't had to use it and hope not too until next year. Welcome to TBN

/ New member here, owner of 233, quite the little machine #3  
Wobblin-Goblin said:
Very pleased with the tractor itself. Great visibility using the loader, digs like a raped ape (ok, so the bucket is small), and the twin-touch HST pedals are fast, fast, fast.

My only two complaints are 1) The dealer blows: Not long after buying the tractor, they dropped the TYM line and they are trying to ignore me...and 2) The tractor is cold-blooded. If it weren't for the glow plugs, this thing would never start.

Very nice little tractor overall.

Strange. I've started mine in single digit weather with no issues. I just wait until the glow plug light goes out and 3 or 4 cranks and it's running. I wish it would warn up a little faster tho. When it's cold, I have to wait at least 20 minutes before it's up to temp.

Roady

/ New member here, owner of 233, quite the little machine #4  
I've had the same experience as Roady. The cascade foothills typically has mornings in the low 20's, but 10sec on the glow plugs, and she starts up almost instantly. Are you sure your glow-plug timer is giving you a full 10+ sec?
P

/ New member here, owner of 233, quite the little machine #5  
Yeah, I agree, it can be a bit cold-blooded.
We've been down to the mid/upper 20's at night over the past week, and once I let the glow plugs do their warm up, it starts right up.
But on semi-cold mornings (in the upper 30's) if I start it without using the glow plugs first ... it 'will' eventually start, but it also blows a lot of smoke when it catches.
I'm getting used to just defaulting to the glow position first, while I finish my coffee (I haven't been suckled on Starbucks, so my palate is thankfully uneducated, and the TYM instant is getting consumed ;) ).
By the last gulp I'm good to go.

In any case .... welcome to TYM'ing and TBN WG!! :)

/ New member here, owner of 233, quite the little machine #6  
Seriously flyer. You actually drink the "tym coffee"? Trust me, I'm definitely drinking the cool-aid these days (love my TYM tractor), but once you've had a good Americano in the Pacific NW (and no, not Starbucks :( ), you can't possibly go with instant. Blasphemy :) . . . .
P

/ New member here, owner of 233, quite the little machine
Yes, I let the GPs cycle for the whole 10 seconds...and it still turns over quite a few times before firing.

As I said, aside from the sucky dealer and the cold-bloodedness, this is a fantastic machine. It's one of those few pieces of equipment that is both precise and fast.

/ New member here, owner of 233, quite the little machine #8  
'nother thought. Not sure what part of the country you're living in, but I've been told by dealers in my area that the "powers that be" change the diesel formula in the winter. I guess it probably has something to do with decreasing pollutants, but it appears to clog-up oil filters and is somewhat "thicker". I'm wondering if maybe you didn't just get a bad batch of winter diesel. . .
Just a thought. . .

/ New member here, owner of 233, quite the little machine #9  
'nother thought. Not sure what part of the country you're living in, but I've been told by dealers in my area that the "powers that be" change the diesel formula in the winter. I guess it probably has something to do with decreasing pollutants, but it appears to clog-up oil filters and is somewhat "thicker". I'm wondering if maybe you didn't just get a bad batch of winter diesel. . .
Just a thought. . .

/ New member here, owner of 233, quite the little machine #10  
TYMinColton said:
Seriously flyer. You actually drink the "tym coffee"? . . . .
P

Yup!
And with no shame whatsoever.
But then ..... I've also been seen eating government issue crackers and cheese, whilst guzzling down Brown Derby beer. ;)