Another Happy T273 Owner

/ Another Happy T273 Owner #1  

Tymmerr

Tractor
TYM T273
Hello all, New Member here.
This is my first tractor, and I wasn't quite sure what to expect, (nor do I really know what I'm doing yet), but this Tym is a beast ! Just made it to 10 hours, and it's still showing over a half tank of fuel remaining, hasn't used a drop of oil, and is running great so far. I'll be lurking around this site when I'm not destroying dirt with Tymmer !!

/ Another Happy T273 Owner #2  
Tymmerr said:
Hello all, New Member here.
This is my first tractor, and I wasn't quite sure what to expect, (nor do I really know what I'm doing yet), but this Tym is a beast ! Just made it to 10 hours, and it's still showing over a half tank of fuel remaining, hasn't used a drop of oil, and is running great so far. I'll be lurking around this site when I'm not destroying dirt with Tymmer !!

Congrats!

Details...Where you from? Any attachments? Dealer experience? Details man details.

/ Another Happy T273 Owner
Roady said:
Congrats!

Details...Where you from? Any attachments? Dealer experience? Details man details.
Ha Ha ! OK, Details.. Bought from Worthington tractors in Leona Valley Ca. quick, painless transaction, and they even delivered it 65 miles to my house for $ 75.00, no complaints there.
I had looked at lots of used tractors and was trying to decide between a 4 yr old Kubota b7510 rental yard unit with 1200 hours, or a recently refurbished 1990 Iseki 23 hp with 1200 hours. After comparing the 3 I decided on the TYM because it seemed to have the most bang for my buck. I got it with the loader and a Gearmore 5 ft box blade, plus the owner of Worthington said he will sell me any other attachments at cost, so I need to decide if I want the tiller or a chipper.
All in all I like the tractor experience, it has already saved my back by using it like my wheelbarrow, dragging brush, and such. My only problem is that I can't get much work done due to all the neighbors wanting to stop by and meet TYMMER !!! Later, C:D

/ Another Happy T273 Owner #4  
Buy a grapple. Or at last one that will attach to your bucket. Worth every penny....

/ Another Happy T273 Owner #5  
Hi Tymmerr, congrats on the new T2!!

I agree that if you have a lot of de-brushing and such, the grapple is definitely worth it's weight, as is a 3P rake!!
Keep in mind that you can use skidsteer accessories with the TYM FEL, and they seem to be easily available at good prices.
Also .... I find that a good place to score some great deals on various cat 1, 3P attachments and implements, is on your local Craig's list under "farm and garden".

IMHO, the 5 ft. box blade is about the largest you will want to go with on the T273, I use a 4 ft. but then ... I'm also pulling it up some fairly hefty grades.

In any case ...Welcome!! .... and as others have indicated get some pictures of it in action posted to the TBN gallery! :D