TYM website

/ TYM website #1  

Maka

Veteran Member
Tractor
None at the moment
Well, it is being worked on but there is new stuff there to peruse. They have the forum updated and if you have questions go there and I think there will be lots of support. There is a place for pictures of owners to post their use and I think they are onthe way to some nice things there.

It still needs work but is coming along.

Maka

/ TYM website #2  
With the exception of the new tractor models on the site, I am unimpressed by the effort on the updated website. Maybe this isn't the final product but from what I see now, it just doesn't fit the industry. It is cookie cutter site and the forums need registration so abuses like what is happening in the technical forum (automated spamming) don't happen. I know quality sites take time and money, but I feel confident the return on their investment would be hard to match with dollars spent elsewhere in the marketing campaign.

I couldn't even find a good contact on the website to send an email about the abuse in the forums. Yes I know the abuse just happened a couple of hours ago, but hey I noticed it!

For clarification; To the person(s) designing the site, I am not trying to insult anyone just stating an opinion.

/ TYM website #3  
Have to agree. If you go to most of the "other" brands who shall not be named, you can build a custom tractor, get high-tech side-by-side comparisons, and multiple views. While I doubt anyone ever makes a decision to buy a tractor based on the website (god, I hope not), at least a slick website attracts attention.

Why not include comparisons both in price and performance between the TYM's in various size classes and rival machine built by competitors. For any of us that own a TYM, we purchased in part because it's hard to top the price for what you get in terms of quality and specs. T-shirts and hats aside I'd like to see TYM invest some $$$$$ in getting the word out that their product rocks!!
Pete

/ TYM website #4  
This is the reason I started a post last month about finding out if anyone from TYM frequented these boards. They used to have a bunch of good guys stationed right down the road from me at the distribution center in Harrisburg, PA and it seems they moved them to the Carolinas.

I run a multimedia production company and would LOVE to help TYM get the word out about these tractors. They had a great start by hiring an excellent photographer to shoot images for the website, but seem to have run out of steam with regards to marketing. I see they have added some amateur shots that just don't do them justice. They need to do more than just add to their website too. If you're going to step into the ring with the big 3, you gotta BRING IT!! For starters, I want to see a video of what these machines can do here on the homepage of TBN.:cool:

Do any of the dealers know who I could contact to set up a meeting and share my ideas? PM me the info or I'll give you mine to pass on to them. I hate cold calling people because I know how annoying it is, so I won't do that, but if someone from TYM wants to talk I have a slew of great ideas to help get the point across that they are here to stay.

/ TYM website #5  
Have to agree. If you go to most of the "other" brands who shall not be named, you can build a custom tractor, get high-tech side-by-side comparisons, and multiple views. While I doubt anyone ever makes a decision to buy a tractor based on the website (god, I hope not), at least a slick website attracts attention.

Why not include comparisons both in price and performance between the TYM's in various size classes and rival machine built by competitors. For any of us that own a TYM, we purchased in part because it's hard to top the price for what you get in terms of quality and specs. T-shirts and hats aside I'd like to see TYM invest some $$$$$ in getting the word out that their product rocks!!
Pete

I posted a pic of my machine they sent me a big bag of coffee. Pretty good too....

YES, I'm serious. So post a pic and ask for some.

Bag includes.
70 packets of mocha, hazelnut,cappuccino .........french vanilla....all by Jardin and in TYM's own bag! Great for trips. :p

I'll post a pic later.

/ TYM website #6  
I posted a pic of my machine they sent me a big bag of coffee. Pretty good too....

YES, I'm serious.

Another coffee connoisseur I see. . . . :rolleyes: To each his own obviously. I've been know to "enjoy" a few glasses of two-buck-chuck in the past. Not even a good wine, but the price is right :cool:.

I just wonder why TYM decided that coffee is a good marketing strategy. I mean, hats, tee-shirts, bumper stickers (it's TYM so cigarettes?) - but coffee? What's the connection between a TYM tractor and coffee? The drink holder? ;)

Regardless, I'm glad to see that TYM continues to be a really responsive company. I've been looking around TBN and are lots of folks that love their tractors (green, orange, blue), but hate the customer service. I can't say that about TYM and that's a darned good thing!