Mowing Anyone with a T233 or T273 and TYM belly mower?

/ Anyone with a T233 or T273 and TYM belly mower? #1  

novi408

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK20S
I'm starting my search for a SCUT and saw an ad in our local Auto and RV trader (autorv.com) for the TYM T233 with loader for $10,900 and T273 w/loader for $11,900. These seem like good prices for tractors with these specs, but I haven't found any reviews about the belly mower. I'm looking to do some landscaping work and mowing of ~1.5 acres.

Does anyone have either of these tractors with the TYM belly mower? If so, how well do they work and how is the cut?

Thanks.

/ Anyone with a T233 or T273 and TYM belly mower? #2  
Belly Mower cuts good from what I've heard I know they are in stock in the US call your local dealer and take advantage of this great deal on a great tractor.

Tym Man

/ Anyone with a T233 or T273 and TYM belly mower? #3  
When I was shopping this spring I also was looking at the belly mowers. They seem to be of a very different design than most other belly mowers. The hydraulic lift comes from two cylinders that attach directly between the deck and the tractor. Everything else I've seen uses the 3pt hydraulics in one way or another. I'm sure it works fine, but the dealers I spoke with confirmed that removing or attaching the deck is a little bit of a project.

Also, the web site shows (or at least used to show, haven't checked for a while) both a side and rear discharge version. From some discussions I had with dealers, apparently the rear discharge version was having some problems and had been pulled from the market. Only the side discharge version was available this spring.

I ended up staying away from their mower and use a 3pt mower instead.

/ Anyone with a T233 or T273 and TYM belly mower?
Thanks Mike5252.

Other than being a pain to install or remove, I would think it would be better to have the deck move independently of the 3pt.

The website does still show both rear and side discharge, but there are very few details about either listed.

Can I ask where you bought yours? I am near Detroit and there don't seem to be any dealers very close to me.

Thanks.

/ Anyone with a T233 or T273 and TYM belly mower? #5  
I purchased my from Allied Tractor. They are located in the southern suburbs - around Medina. You won't find many dealers around here that are full time TYM dealers. My dealer has a T330 and T233 in inventory. Anything else has to be ordered. I think their main business is grey market tractors. All in all very nice guys though.

I absolutely love the K2 tractors. I think you're making the right decision for what its worth. Definitely keep me posted with how the MMM works out.

The only other potential drawback to having hydraulic cylinders directly lifting the mower deck would be having all those hydraulic lines in close proximity to a lot of rapidly moving parts. I'm not saying it would be a problem, but you would definitely want to make sure the lines were well secured.

I didn't end up doing business with them, but I recall there was a pretty well established dealer in central Indiana (Appaloosa tractors, or something like that). Not sure how far of a drive that might be for you.

My tractor is one of the dealer return tractors. It appears mine came from a dealer in southern MI. The dealer that had my tractor may have been the closest dealer for you.

/ Anyone with a T233 or T273 and TYM belly mower? #6  
Just wanted to add a quick note to this thread.. Make sure the tractor you buy has the Mid-PTO. It's a option on alot of TYM K series tractors so don't take it for granted that's it there.

Roady

/ Anyone with a T233 or T273 and TYM belly mower? #7  
Dont own a TYM Tractor but I had a long discussion with the local dealer about buying a TYM T233 with a TYM MMM, the guy said they did not cut well at all. In fact, he had several in stock and stated he would not sell the mower with the tractor. The guy was open and honest with me while losing a sale and I appreciated his honesty.

/ Anyone with a T233 or T273 and TYM belly mower?
Thanks for the feedback sailorray. That makes me feel better about having crossed TYM off my list. They look like decent tractors with great specs, but the closest dealer to me is 2 hours away and I have some concerns about whether or not they will be around in a few years.

/ Anyone with a T233 or T273 and TYM belly mower? #9  
Dont own a TYM Tractor but I had a long discussion with the local dealer about buying a TYM T233 with a TYM MMM, the guy said they did not cut well at all. In fact, he had several in stock and stated he would not sell the mower with the tractor. The guy was open and honest with me while losing a sale and I appreciated his honesty.

Sailorray:

The dealer you spoke to was unaware of the fact that we now have a Mid Mount Mower for the K2's (TYM T233 or T273) that is working well. We apologize for the wrong information, the dealer when referring to some units not cutting well were actually test units from atleast a year and a half ago.
The dealer is now aware of the production mid mount mowers that are working well and may be stocking a new mid mount mower soon. This dealer is very honest and would be a great dealer to with in future if the opportunity arise that you can work with him.

/ Anyone with a T233 or T273 and TYM belly mower? #10  
I just bought a leftover 09 with turf tires and a mid mower. It was his last 09 and he made me a pretty good deal. I like the mower so far but I've not used it a lot. My biggest problem was I caught the ROP on everything. That was my fault though. View Album - 2009 TYM t273