Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    26
    Location
    troutville,va
    Tractor
    TYM 233, Ford lgt-12h

    Default Re: How many hours on your TYM

    117 hours and counting (had 100 when we aquired it)

  2. #32
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82
    Location
    Greenback, TN
    Tractor
    T233

    Default Re: How many hours on your TYM

    I just picked up an 08 with 172 hrs a couple of weeks ago. She has 185 hrs on her now and here's a partial list of what needs work...
    (Not in any specific order)
    1. Cruise Switch will not stay on
    2. *Muffler's welds have broken where the manifold mount goes into the canister of the muffler (kinda surprised to not see anything bracing the end of the exhaust...)
    3. Tires were mismatched when I bought her and the original right front is going flat so new tires will be knocked out today on the front. Wish I could find bigger tires. No luck so far.
    4. Hydro Quick Disconnect O-ring in Bucket Dump Line - shot (spent a day working that out before I got lucky and found the o-ring to be the only fault, not the coupler itself.
    5. Foam under hood that provides a cushion between the firewall / dash and the hood itself. Not a big deal, just needs replacement

    So far, this is all that has shown up in the last couple of weeks since I have owned her and I have put her through her paces.

    Looking forward to getting tips on this thing!!

  3. #33
    Elite Member Redneck in training's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,771
    Location
    South Central Iowa
    Tractor
    TYM 330 HST with FEL

    Default Re: How many hours on your TYM

    Quote Originally Posted by DJFireUSA View Post
    I just picked up an 08 with 172 hrs a couple of weeks ago. She has 185 hrs on her now and here's a partial list of what needs work...
    (Not in any specific order)
    1. Cruise Switch will not stay on
    2. *Muffler's welds have broken where the manifold mount goes into the canister of the muffler (kinda surprised to not see anything bracing the end of the exhaust...)
    3. Tires were mismatched when I bought her and the original right front is going flat so new tires will be knocked out today on the front. Wish I could find bigger tires. No luck so far.
    4. Hydro Quick Disconnect O-ring in Bucket Dump Line - shot (spent a day working that out before I got lucky and found the o-ring to be the only fault, not the coupler itself.
    5. Foam under hood that provides a cushion between the firewall / dash and the hood itself. Not a big deal, just needs replacement

    So far, this is all that has shown up in the last couple of weeks since I have owned her and I have put her through her paces.

    Looking forward to getting tips on this thing!!
    1.) There are several interlocks that disables cruise. In example it might be a brake, seat, clutch etc switch. You might have a bad switch or connection somewhere.
    3.) If I am not mistaken the tractor is four wheel drive. The tire sizes have to be matched so you can't install bigger front tires unless you change rear tires proportionally bigger.

  4. #34
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82
    Location
    Greenback, TN
    Tractor
    T233

    Default Re: How many hours on your TYM

    I know about tires needing to stay the same ratio as stock. Had to replace front tire yesterday. SOB who owned her last sheared off one of the bolts holding the left rim on and super glued the bolt head back into place. Needless to say, I replaced all of the bolts so hopefully no more surprise surprise for me. Hmmfff


    Still looking for bigger tires, even if it means going with different rim/tire combination.

  5. #35

    Default Re: How many hours on your TYM

    TYM 450
    bought in 2006
    750h
    just lost clutch
    other than that (aside from leaking fuel filter) its been a gem
    very happy with the purchase!
    LOVE IT!
    PS: Does anybody has a recommendation for a top n tilt kit?

  6. #36
    Platinum Member tkappeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    558
    Location
    Hainesport, NJ
    Tractor
    TYM T293

    Default Re: How many hours on your TYM

    Picked up my T293 on August 20th. It had 19 hours on it. It now has about 63. I know it's overdue for the 50 hour fluid changes. I have the fluids and waiting on the filters. Got strung along by one supplier .... the hydraulic filter not in stock. Finally got a refund and order from another source. They are on the truck on their way here now.

    Next additions will be a toothbar and making a ballast barrel.
    Tom

    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" - Thomas A. Edison

  7. #37
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82
    Location
    Greenback, TN
    Tractor
    T233

    Default Re: How many hours on your TYM

    May be faster to just pickup a cheap/used box blade and if you need more weight the box gives you ample locations to load her down.

  8. #38
    Elite Member Redneck in training's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,771
    Location
    South Central Iowa
    Tractor
    TYM 330 HST with FEL

    Default Re: How many hours on your TYM

    Quote Originally Posted by DJFireUSA View Post
    May be faster to just pickup a cheap/used box blade and if you need more weight the box gives you ample locations to load her down.
    Second that. My TYM has 560 hours now.

  9. #39
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82
    Location
    Greenback, TN
    Tractor
    T233

    Default Re: How many hours on your TYM

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck in training View Post
    Second that. My TYM has 560 hours now.
    How do you like that 330 HST? Thinking really hard about upsizing and trading/selling the 233.

  10. #40
    Elite Member Redneck in training's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,771
    Location
    South Central Iowa
    Tractor
    TYM 330 HST with FEL

    Default Re: How many hours on your TYM

    Quote Originally Posted by DJFireUSA View Post
    How do you like that 330 HST? Thinking really hard about upsizing and trading/selling the 233.
    This is my first tractor so I don't have a reference point. So far it was troublefree 560 hours. I love HST.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.