new 233

/ new 233 #1  

jaln

Tractor
TYM HST 233
Got my new TYM 233 today with a loader and box scraper.
Real nice piece of machinery. I was going to go for a used Kubota B7800, but did not like it as much. This is a nicely made machine and a pleasure to use. And the price an warranty are definitely a big plus.

The learning curve was steeper than I expected, but I started getting the hang of it. I had an old '49 Massey-Fergusson 25 years ago that was a real pain to use comparatively. The gophers and squirrels weren't very happy about the disruption, but I'm sure my JD mower will be.

I spent a few hours today getting used to it and only managed to tear up the previously smooth rock drive and ding a metal gate. The guy in the pictures is my friend who has 30+ years on big equipment and taught me a lot about how to use the thing. We got some new drives smoothed out. Working with large rock is not the easiest way to learn. Smaller gravel and dirt were much easier. I have a lot of rock and oak twigs embedded in the dirt and can see that a rake is going to be very useful. I'll probably try to build one in the near future.

This 233 was fresh off the boat with about .5 hours. It came with the revised muffler with the brace, and the beefier fuel filter bracket. I didn't go for the 273 because they were sold out, which made that decision easier, and I don't have any PTO stuff anyway. This thing has plenty of power for what I need it for.

I bought it at Worthington Tractors in Leona Valley, CA. They were easy to do business with and very helpful. They delivered 65 miles (one way) for less than I could have driven it. They said if need be they would do it again if I needed help or service on site. Exceptional.

I didn't know why you guys were talking about TYM coffee in some of the posts, so was pleasantly surprised by getting the gift bag of coffee. I grind my own beans, so I gotta say, that coffee sucks. I couldn't even make it though one cup.

Attachments

• P1010812a.jpg
    P1010812a.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 329
  • P1010817a.jpg
    P1010817a.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 269
  • P1010831a.jpg
    P1010831a.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 305
   / new 233 #2  
Congratulations, I'm sure you'll be happy w/ your TYM. We all love ours.

Are your wheels silver? Most of the other ones I've seen are white, intereseting if they've switched wheel color.

Also, I notice where your quick connect hydraulic lines for the loader connect are different than on my 2007 model. My have a small bracket so the lines all connect vertical, but yours seem to connect along the arm of the loader.

Have fun.

/ new 233 #3  
I didn't know why you guys were talking about TYM coffee in some of the posts, so was pleasantly surprised by getting the gift bag of coffee. I grind my own beans, so I gotta say, that coffee sucks. I couldn't even make it though one cup.

Thank God! I was beginning to think that I was the only TYM owner that thought the coffee sucked! :)

Enjoy your new toy. Great little machines.
p

/ new 233
Thanks.

Yeah, wheels are silver and I like it. Tones it down a bit and blends better.
The FEL line connections are parallel on the boom. Seems like the older version was more verticle. I was glad not to have to deal with the muffler and filter bracket issues.

Anyone know what the loader weighs?

I'd like to see a bit more (and verfied) specs info in the manuals and at the TYM site.
There is a little wire hook on the back of the ROPS to the right of the 3pt. Can anyone tell me what that's for?

/ new 233
Worst coffee ever, but the packaging is pretty. Nice gesture but I'll have to donate to someone with no taste.
I would have rather had received some oil, an air filter, hat etc. Forgot, I did get a nice TYM snow cap too.

/ new 233 #6  
There is a little wire hook on the back of the ROPS to the right of the 3pt. Can anyone tell me what that's for?

It looks like the hook for the upper link on the 3 pt if you don't have anything attached.

/ new 233 #7  
nice TYM snow cap too.

Snow cap? I ended up with a couple of passable ball caps - great for around the farm, but not sure I'd wear them around town (if you know what I mean :D).

It think Novi408's right about the hook thingy. I don't see the hook in any of your pics, but on my T273 there is a gold colored hook that is attached to, and hanging just below the tractor attachment point for the top-link. When you're not using your 3ph, you can catch the top-link with the hook and this keeps it from dragging and clanging of the PTO shaft, etc. Admittedly, the top-link looks kinda stupid like this, but it's better than nothing. . . ;)

/ new 233 #9  
Your new tractor looks great. I find the changes on the new models interesting. Can you get a picture of how the loader quick connects are mounted?

/ new 233
Your new tractor looks great. I find the changes on the new models interesting. Can you get a picture of how the loader quick connects are mounted?

Here ya go.

Attachments

• P1010864a.jpg
    P1010864a.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 209
Last edited: