question on new T233,,,

/ question on new T233,,, #1  

bandit99

Tractor
bx 2200
I just went and looked at a new one on the lot and noticed a lot of the anodized parts had corrosion on them. Is this normal? The paint was faded and the dealer said it would clean up good. Didn't like the corrosion though. He quoted $11200 for a new one with loader. I compared the brochure for the 233 and the 237, the only difference in the specs was horsepower. Other than that it seemed identical except the tires.
He is supposed to get me a written quote with hst tractor, loader, rotary cutter and plow blade Monday.
Kubota quoted $12239 for a gear 23 hp tractor. I had never heard of a TYM!
Thought I'd check this thread for feedback on them.

/ question on new T233,,, #2  
I just went and looked at a new one on the lot and noticed a lot of the anodized parts had corrosion on them. Is this normal? The paint was faded and the dealer said it would clean up good. Didn't like the corrosion though. He quoted $11200 for a new one with loader. I compared the brochure for the 233 and the 237, the only difference in the specs was horsepower. Other than that it seemed identical except the tires.
He is supposed to get me a written quote with hst tractor, loader, rotary cutter and plow blade Monday.
Kubota quoted $12239 for a gear 23 hp tractor. I had never heard of a TYM!
Thought I'd check this thread for feedback on them.

I think you must be referring to the cad plated parts. If it is minor I wouldn't worry about it. Then again, buying a new machine, I would expect it to be perfect. Also check that the muffler has a brace the length of the muffler underneath it. If not it is probably late 2007 or early 2008. Not a big deal either because TYM will replace them.

TYM has been around for 40 years and has been selling tractors in the States since '99. They also build some Mahindras and Montanas. The engine on the one you are looking at is Mitsubishi. Everything on the 233 an 273 should look the same. If the tires are different, it's probably because someone ordered some farm or turf tiresl. The default tires are R4 industrial.

/ question on new T233,,, #3  
I agree with jaln, the tractor is probably a left over from the last year or so. I wouldn't worry to much about it especially if you can get them to knock off a bit more cash or throw in an extra or two. I have had my 273 since March and have kept it busy without any real problems. Hopefully the TYM crowd here will continue to grow and share knowledge.

/ question on new T233,,, #4  
I think you must be referring to the cad plated parts. If it is minor I wouldn't worry about it. Then again, buying a new machine, I would expect it to be perfect. Also check that the muffler has a brace the length of the muffler underneath it. If not it is probably late 2007 or early 2008. Not a big deal either because TYM will replace them.

TYM has been around for 40 years and has been selling tractors in the States since '99. They also build some Mahindras and Montanas. The engine on the one you are looking at is Mitsubishi. Everything on the 233 an 273 should look the same. If the tires are different, it's probably because someone ordered some farm or turf tiresl. The default tires are R4 industrial.

I cleaned all the parts you listed and sprayed them red. If we are talking about the same things. I did it last year and they've held up fine. I also pulled the mat up and sprayed a bedliner under it. Same with the undercarriage. Works excellent. I also re-painted the battery box and mesh in front of the radiator and the radiator where needed. You would expect them to do it , but I believe these machines are made in several factories and assembled in yet another. Hence the paint scheme...or lack thereof...I certainly wouldn't let it hold you back though. Takes a few hours to clean up and paint.
Ask for money off.....like mentioned. My dealer has been aces with any issues. Even threw in touchup paint a few filters. Sent me a new exhaust.

Can't hurt to ask...;)

The default tires on the T273 are a tad larger than the T233

Tire Size
T233 T273
R1 front 6-12 vs 6-14
R1 rear 9.5-20 vs 11.2-20