T233 TLB

/ T233 TLB #1  

Grut

Silver Member
Hello to all. I am seriously looking at the T233TLB. How does everybody like their TYM? Also the dealer had informed me that the T273 is more for PTO work and does not effect the TLB performance due the same size hydraulic pump. Any input? I plan to only purchase a 4'-5' box scraper, rent a PHD for deck supports, borrow a 5' rake, and possibly borrow a 48" tiller(gotta love father-in-laws) so the T233 is really looking good and so is the cash I'll save. Any advise on loading tires, where to get a FEL toothbar and hoe thumb? How do you guys like the fiberglass hood and rear fenders? will the cold crak them?

Thanks,
Grut

/ T233 TLB #2  
No fiberglass doesn't crack. I love it no dents or rust. Pretty easy to repair if needed too. Lighter in weight not as rugged for mounting the controls though.

I have the T273 if you go to the TYM site the comparison of the two is there.

I love my machine once the little oddball things were corrected. I preferred the 272 because of the diesel used more than capability. It's an impressive little engine the mitsu. TYM site is kinda lame as far as what's available. I've found some nice add-ons on EBAY. Also the TYM site has a forum and you can pose your questions on implements there.

The official TYM Tractors Web site

/ T233 TLB
Tom59,
Thanks for the info. I also found out that the backhoe subframe was redesigned and no longer uses the top link, looks like they stacked the subframe in that area. I will return to the dealer and take another peak. Just out of curiousity why did you chose the 273 instead the 233? and can you stall or bog down the 273 with the fel moving dirt or pushing/pulling with a 3PT attchment?

Thanks,

Brian

/ T233 TLB #4  
It is easy to bog down the FEL (actually the whole tractor) on the 273 (that is what I have) if you try to take too big of a bite of a hillside or pile of rocks. That is where the extra horsepower might make a difference. The 233 might bog sooner at the drive wheels. The extra horsepower was the only reason I bought the 273 instead of the 233. All I have and use is the FEL and BH. Both do a good job for the size of the tractor. I don't remember the cost difference when I bought between the 233 and 273 but it was minimal so I went for power. I figured it couldn't hurt and like you said, they are identical except for the engine, so TYM must have a reason for the extra horses. And someday I might get a 3pt implement that can use the extra ponies.
Have fun and good luck with your tractor.

/ T233 TLB
Thanks Bkjohns that is what I was thinking with working the FEL, the extra power would be worth the upgrade. How does the hoe dig? and do you have your tires loaded? I would load them but I think I am going to wait and see how it operates. I have nothing finallized as of yet with a purchase but the more I look at them and compare to all the other brands the more I want one. I have to wait right now until the sonogram is done on the wife, because if there are twins in there I will have to purchase a bigger suv, seeing as I already have a 3yr old.

Last edited:
   / T233 TLB #6  
Brian,
I went for the 233 because my dealer was out of the 273 and I probably won't be getting any PTO stuff, which is what I was told is the main reason to go with the 173.
I can't really give a comparison as this is my first tractor, but I can say it's got guts and beats the heck out of my neighbors Kubota in comfort, power and general looks.
I have a 4 foot Gearmore box scraper that can fill with dirt and rocks with rippers down a notch, and it keeps on truckin. I also like my 5' KK rake for ripping up oak twigs and even some leveling.

/ T233 TLB #7  
The bh works great. With the rather small gpm flow on the hydra pumps it pretty much is a one direction at a time system, but I'm not trying to get paid for anything and once you figure it out it becomes second nature to work with it as is. I don't have the tires loaded but I think that would help with the bh. It will lift the rear of the tractor pretty easily if you are working in hard ground. Another issue is the outrigger pads don't have any bite (smooth steel) so on some surfaces they will slip around a lot. I have yet to find it such a problem that I have done something about it though. Overall I am really impressed with the 273 and so are my neighbors. I don't have any regrets about choosing it over NH, Deere or Kubota.

/ T233 TLB
The outrigger pads are what I was going to look at but forgot too when at the dealers. So they are smooth, looks like I will find some heavy angle iron and mount up 4 pieces from the pictures I have seen, another option would be weld, but bolting would allow you to change to a rubber pad if needed in the future. Aren't pretty much all the smaller units(subcompact & compact) a one movement at a time back hoe system due to the limited pump outputs? Looks like I will have to get used to, still better than manually running a shovel!

/ T233 TLB #9  
I don't know what your plans are, but have you looked at a shovel for the FEL or for forks? That would be more cost effective if you don't need real deep trenches and easier to deal with mounting and unmounting the bh.
Also there is a great deal at TSC for a Dark Horse midbuster--$70. I got one for $63 with a coupon. Good for some quick trenching.

/ T233 TLB #10  
I don't know what your plans are, but have you looked at a shovel for the FEL or for forks? That would be more cost effective if you don't need real deep trenches and easier to deal with mounting and unmounting the bh.
Also there is a great deal at TSC for a Dark Horse midbuster--$70. I got one for $63 with a coupon. Good for some quick trenching.
Do you have pictures of the midbuster and a link to the seller page? How much have you used it and is it holding up?