Tractor
    TYM HST 233

Default Some issues and questions on my 233

The black paint on my Mitsubishi S3L valve cover has started to peel.
    I wonder if that's normal. From my experience things painted black are done to help with thermal charactersitics.
    The PTO on/off sticker has come off twice when I washed her down. The other lables are embossed in the consoles. I'm going to try and come up with something that looks decent after it finally bites the dust.

When I washed a couple of times, water condensed behind the dash "glass". I now minimize the time that I hit it with the stream and suspect also that the hole on the forward side of the dash wall permits water into the dash panel so I avoid it. So far, so good. Anyone else have a similar experience.

The last time I washed, I couldn't restart the engine for an hour or two. I noticed that the light for the glow plug did not come on. I wiped everything down and checked the fuses. I don't know where the glow plug relay is, but that's what I suspect. When the glow plug light finally worked again, it started right up. Anyone got some suggestions on things to avoid or cover during a douche session?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    None at the moment

Default Re: Some issues and questions on my 233

I don't think the black paint is an issue. I will check on the dash and let you know what to do about that. The glow relay is on the upper left of the battery. We have had to replace several of them. Ask your dealer to use the Napa AR282 and this problem will cease.

Thanks,
    Maka

Tractor
    TYM HST 233

Quote Originally Posted by Maka View Post
    I don't think the black paint is an issue. I will check on the dash and let you know what to do about that. The glow relay is on the upper left of the battery. We have had to replace several of them. Ask your dealer to use the Napa AR282 and this problem will cease.

Thanks,
    Maka
    Thanks Maka.
    Think I may head to Napa for a spare. I read they aren't much $ and my dealer is 65 miles away.
    Would it help to put a plastic bag over the relay when I wash? That is the first time I ever had a problem starting, and after I let it dry long enough, it started on the first crank.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    None at the moment

Naw, this sould take care of it. Let me know how it works.

Maka

Tractor
    TYM HST 233

Do you mean I should change it out now to prevent future problems?

Tractor
    TYM HST 233

Maka,
    I installed the NAPA AR282 relay and it seems to start better.
    Maybe the stock one is not sealed well. I've washed twice since, and it starts right up when still wet. There is no bracket on the NAPA relay, so I used some ty-raps to secure it to the battery bracket.
    Thanks.

Silver Member

jaln,

Just out of curiousity how much was the relay? So I can inform my dealer and grab a spare before I get my toy, for that "just in case" time.
    Grut

Tractor
    TYM HST 233

It was a bit over $6 including tax.