TYM T903 Info

/ TYM T903 Info #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
I get the impression that TYM is a player on this site much like Mahindra was a few years ago. I have always been impressed with the Mahindra line of tractors, especially the larger ones. I realize of course that TYM built the 7010 for Mahindra, and that is part of what has driven me to this forum.

I am thinking about a T903. I have read the other few posts on here about the tractor, and it seems to have been received well. But...is there anyone on here who actually owns one and has worked it? I would be real interested in your thoughts on the tractor. I will be doing a lot of loader work moving round bales, so information on ease of use would be appriciated.

Also, I am interested in the MF 5400 series which is a fine piece of machinery, but appears to be a lot more expensive. Anyone had experience with both? In comparing specs, the MF 5455 provides 5 more pto hp, but ups the engine to 105 over the T903 89.1. If I look at the next smaller MF it is a 5445, but provides 75 pto hp compared to the T903's 80.3.

I am also interested as to why TYM puts in the percentage of hp. Is there dyno that good, do they average out their tests, what's up with that?

Especially you dealers out their, is it true TYM is having special pricing on this unit until mid January? I read another post where the suggested retail price is $56,135. Is that correct? Again, whats up with the $135? Anyone who purchased or sold these give me an ideal of what one could be purchased for?

I have a grapple and would like to use it on this tractor. Is that type of remote loader control and plumbing available through TYM?

What about parts? Are they good about supplying, drop ship, and how are they on warranty claims? Do the dealers have to fight with TYM to get paid for warranty work and parts? In the past I have found some good dealers who actually were better than the manufacture, but in the end put the dealer out of business. What kind of track record does TYM have here in North America with their dealers?

What is the transmission like on this unit. It looks like it has a shuttle shift on the left side of the column. How smooth of an operation is it?

Finally, a suggestion...TYM needs to work on its web site. Add a product information pdf, etc. Really does not tell you much, provide any good pictures, or explain how the product works, its features, etc. Going to try to go look at one this week.

Thanks in advance.

/ TYM T903 Info
Opps, almost forgot...do these loaders come with skid steer compatable QA?
Thanks!

/ TYM T903 Info #3  
Hello,

Here are some pictures I think everyone will enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 543
  • IMG_0137_1.jpg
    IMG_0137_1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0162_1.jpg
    IMG_0162_1.jpg
    981.1 KB · Views: 2,209
  • TYM-T903 Feeding Cows 12-22-08 037.jpg
    TYM-T903 Feeding Cows 12-22-08 037.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 661
   / TYM T903 Info #4  
Very nice pictures Gent! I love the styling of this tractor with the ultra-modern cowl design with the projector headlamps. Very racy for a tractor. Should look modern for a long time. How effective is the lighting though? Is it adequate?

/ TYM T903 Info
Gent: Thanks so much for putting up the pics. I am going to go look at one this week. They look a lot like the MF tractors. I have seen other tractors with lighting at some mid point on the tractor instead of on the front. I question how effective they are on this tractor. But, other than that it looks great.

I am a little concerned that there is not more traffic on this forum. Leads me to believe there are not that many owners out there, or at least those who are interested in a forum like this. Also concerned that the market for this tractor is not that large which would mean a lower resale value.

Thanks again for the pics! Enjoy.

/ TYM T903 Info #6  
Hello,

Here are some pictures I think everyone will enjoy!

Great looking machine! What did it replace? How many hours have you got on it so far? Any comments one way or the other?

/ TYM T903 Info #7  
Hey Slippy. There is a ton of info on this site. Many Mahindra owners own TYM built Mahindras. Montana owners own TYM built Montana's, Several Scorpion owners here and yip they are TYM built as well as all the TYM owners right here.

Maka

/ TYM T903 Info
Well I am pleased to report that I had the opportunity to check out a T903 this week. Very nice machine. It looks, operates, and really mirrors the MF 5400 series, mostly the early model 5400. It appears that MF used a shuttle shift and a manual power shift in the 2004 or 2005 5400 series tractors. This is exactly what is in the T903, except the shifter lever is very long coming up from the floor instead of being built into the console.

The loader comes with self leveling and is quick. The control joystick is very nicely located on the right side console. Has good air, heat, and nice radio. Steers very well, nice visability, noise level in very acceptable, seat is sweet. Only two things I did not care for, first I do not care for the 3pt set up that requires the ball to be placed on the implement. Second, there is no port or access to bring wires into the cab from outside, such is necessary for baler, etc.

It has electric touch switches that operate the 3pt., such as 4wd, diff lock, and it has two neat features that you can activate that will automatically cause the 3pt to raise if you back up, and another that will raise it if you turn sharp...pretty neat. It has electric turning knobs to control the height and depth of the 3pt. Power shuttle is as smooth if not smoother than the MF I also drove this week.

Hope this is informative. It is a very nice, solid unit. I did notice that the front fenders seem to rattle for some reason.

Any body gotten any prices on these units?

/ TYM T903 Info
Oh yea, one more point, no warranty with a used MF, 5 years on the TYM. It is a declining scale type warranty, but still covers drive train parts all the way to years 4 & 5.

/ TYM T903 Info
Here are some more pictures. Notice the joystick and its nice location. Really looks a lot like the MF 5400 series.

Attachments

• 100_1333.JPG
    100_1333.JPG
    915.1 KB · Views: 841
  • 100_1330.jpg
    100_1330.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 526
  • 100_1322.jpg
    100_1322.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 453
  • 100_1328.jpg
    100_1328.jpg