TYM dealerships

/ TYM dealerships #1  

wincher

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota L3240
Across the country how many TYM dealers do you see that just tractor dealers and even carry other lines not just used cars or something like that to help them make money? I am just wondering if TYM has put enough into their net works to make it out the other end of the economy. With farmtrac gone and other brands lossing dealers I would hope TYM doesn't go down that path.

/ TYM dealerships #2  
the closest TYM dealer to me is a small engine repair business just outside a small town about 15 miles outside of Topeka then north on a dirt road.
They had a 273 hydro w/loader I was interested in, but the 2 times i called to make sure they would be there when I arrived, they weren't - so I went elsewhere.

Tractors are a sideline for them, their main income is parts and repair for other machines and some chainsaws & other 2 cycle machines.

/ TYM dealerships #3  
Across the country how many TYM dealers do you see that just tractor dealers and even carry other lines not just used cars or something like that to help them make money? I am just wondering if TYM has put enough into their net works to make it out the other end of the economy. With farmtrac gone and other brands lossing dealers I would hope TYM doesn't go down that path.
I think TYM has a different fate since they are company owned. TYM Also provides there dealers there own floor planing through TYM .
FarmTrac was a distribution company who used Textron as floorplanning. Branson and Kioti are also company owned, They sell what they Manufacture. These companies will have a better chance at survival

/ TYM dealerships #4  
Of the companies mentioned TYM not only has its own floor planning but owns its two US distribution centers. TYM is structured for not just day, but has made a long term commitment to the US since it first open it west cost operation in 1999.

/ TYM dealerships #5  
Of the companies mentioned TYM not only has its own floor planning but owns its two US distribution centers. TYM is structured for not just day, but has made a long term commitment to the US since it first open it west cost operation in 1999.

so you would think they would quit setting up feed stores and lawnmower shops that have no shops or personnel to handle repairs---sounds like a short term plan at best!-----you get one shot-- spend the time and do it right the first time!!!-----look what happened to other tractor company's that set up every used car dealer----their name is taking a beating----good company poor marketing decisions!----people do business with people------you got to be able to solve their problems today not next week when the mechanic comes to town---personel,tools and parts are the key to long term success----you got to fix what you sell-----any other business model will not work long term----we may have a different definition for "Long Term"?

/ TYM dealerships #6  
I think TYM offers a good product, but you've got to wonder what they are thinking sometimes. I have the Mahindra 7010 made in part by TYM, but now with the Mahindra partnership gone I don't have the option to purchase TYM local. Last time I checked the closest dealer was over 100 miles away. Why not try to add the TYM line to some existing tractor dealers instead of feed stores and car lots?

/ TYM dealerships #7  

waiting for a reply-----reckon what TYM's definition of long term dealer is?????- ----and the company answer is?????----STRUCTURED!!!!????

/ TYM dealerships #8  
I have e-mailed TYM twice in wanting dealership information.Have never received a reply.March 2008/october 2008.Must not be interested in dealers.

/ TYM dealerships #9  
I have e-mailed TYM twice in wanting dealership information.Have never received a reply.March 2008/october 2008.Must not be interested in dealers.

You could try the old way and give a phone call. I find this works better than emails as they know you are truely interested in their product line.

/ TYM dealerships #10  
You could try the old way and give a phone call. I find this works better than emails as they know you are truely interested in their product line.

Good advice Pete. It's pretty clear that TYM-USA doesn't pay that much attention to their website/e-mail servers, but who can blame them. . . . Give'm a phone call, leave a message if necessary and see what happens. They've always been very responsive to my inquiries.
Good luck!
Pete