TYM T700 Out of Production!

/ TYM T700 Out of Production! #1  

Jerry/MT

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Kubota M4500
I got a response from TYM today and while they are still available, the T700 no longer being produced. I heard late last year that a "new sheet metal" with possibly a 75 hp Cat engine was in the works for late 2009 but maybe with the world financial situation, that has been delayed.

I can't believe TYM would leave a gap between a 60 hp (603) and a 90 hp (903) machine because 70-75hp is an ideal size for a utility tractor. I guess we'll have to wait and see. My guess is that they'll want to clear a large part their T700 inventory before they announce a new model.

/ TYM T700 Out of Production! #2  
they were using JD engines for the 70hp tractors

/ TYM T700 Out of Production! #3  
From what I hear the delay is because of the new engine polution standards. All new engines have to be certified before they can be sold in the US. TYM is not the only one with products on hold because of this.

/ TYM T700 Out of Production! #4  
I got a response from TYM today and while they are still available, the T700 no longer being produced. I heard late last year that a "new sheet metal" with possibly a 75 hp Cat engine was in the works for late 2009 but maybe with the world financial situation, that has been delayed.

I can't believe TYM would leave a gap between a 60 hp (603) and a 90 hp (903) machine because 70-75hp is an ideal size for a utility tractor. I guess we'll have to wait and see. My guess is that they'll want to clear a large part their T700 inventory before they announce a new model.

Trust me when I say that the T700 is not a utility tractor. It is a huge compact. I own the Mahindra 7010 and it leaves a bit to be desired for heavy farm work.

/ TYM T700 Out of Production!
Trust me when I say that the T700 is not a utility tractor. It is a huge compact. I own the Mahindra 7010 and it leaves a bit to be desired for heavy farm work.

I've seen your posts before and you must have several hundred hours on your TYM/Mahindra. You were pretty high on the machine initially, as I recall.

Would you care to give some specifics on why you say that the T700 is "....a huge compact"? You've obviously have had some problems using it in your poultry and farm situation.

Last edited:
   / TYM T700 Out of Production! #6  

I have to agree, I have both the T700 and the 7520 Mahindra. They are used to farm a couple hundred acres of round bales. The TYM was fine until I used the 7520. With my 8' Howard tiller the T700 was at 100% load and using 4+ gallons of diesel per hour. I could never set my offset disk all the way down without spinning out and I had to have a round bale on the back to comfortably drive across the fields with a round bale on the front (this is hilly property by the way, flat ground might be different. The 7520 is the exact opposite, 2 gallons per hour running the tiller with power to spare. offset disk to full dept even going uphill and I can have a bale in the front without a hint of being unsafe bouncing across my field. The only reason I keep the T700 around is the cab. When the 8560 becomes available I will sell the T700. It has been a good tractor just need more push/pull.

The T580 and T700 were essentially the same tractor minus a turbo and a different hood. The T580 was a properly sized tractor to hp. the T700 just gave it a boost at the PTO but really nothing extra in the pulling or lifting department. Since the T700 has been around for almost 9 years I would expect to see it phased out.

Buck

/ TYM T700 Out of Production! #7  
I've seen your posts before and you must have several hundred hours on your TYM/Mahindra. You were pretty high on the machine initially, as I recall.

Would you care to give some specifics on why you say that the T700 is "....a huge compact"? You've obviously have had some problems using it in your poultry and farm situation.

Most all of my problems have been in the front. Broken tie rod end mount, 4 broke wheels, and the tie rod/mount engineering. The tie rods are too small for the holes in the diff. This allows the wheels to wander everywhere. We have a fix planed for this, like the fix we hope we have implemented on the wheels. I think the front is just way too small for the tractors capabilities period. If you look at every other maufacturer out there, they are using a stud and captured washer nut design to secure the front wheels. TYM used the compact method. Bolts with lock washers and 2 studs with nuts and lock washers. Anyone who has the opportunity should compare the T700/7010 side by side with 7520 or a 6000 or something obviously in the utility class. I've seen a few of these in my dealer's shop with front and rear end problems and tranny issues. Could be just plain abuse, but i think the tractor's hp just outclasses it's frame size.
I only have 500 hours on the tractor amd I'm not saying it's a pos or anything. Just don't believe it's as solid as most utility tractors. I too will be upsizing in a year or two. Either the 8560 or something comparable to Deere's 5425.

/ TYM T700 Out of Production!
......Could be just plain abuse, but i think the tractor's hp just outclasses it's frame size.
I only have 500 hours on the tractor amd I'm not saying it's a pos or anything. Just don't believe it's as solid as most utility tractors. I too will be upsizing in a year or two. Either the 8560 or something comparable to Deere's 5425.

Thanks for your observations. I always say the what counts on a new machine is not the performance during the first 1000 hours of operation but the performance AFTER the first 1000 hrs. It sounds like back to the drawing board for the TYM 700.

I have to say that what I have been waiting for regarding this machine is for users to acquire a sufficient number of hours on it to see where the problems are. Since TYM is relatively new in the US market and their sales volume is mostly in the compact tractors, it takes a while for full time farmers and ranchers to build hours on a model to see if TYM is building a machine that will hold up to real farm and ranch work. From your comments, the TYM 700 is not holding up.
Let me ask this. How has the dealer and factory support been as you find these problems? Good dealer and factory support can make these situations a bit more bearable even though they are a PITA when your trying to get your hay baled or getting some other work done. No tractor will be perfect but timely support from both the dealer and the factory is imperative if a manufacturer wants to develop a good reputation in market they have are trying to break into.

/ TYM T700 Out of Production! #9  
Thanks for your observations. I always say the what counts on a new machine is not the performance during the first 1000 hours of operation but the performance AFTER the first 1000 hrs. It sounds like back to the drawing board for the TYM 700.

I have to say that what I have been waiting for regarding this machine is for users to acquire a sufficient number of hours on it to see where the problems are. Since TYM is relatively new in the US market and their sales volume is mostly in the compact tractors, it takes a while for full time farmers and ranchers to build hours on a model to see if TYM is building a machine that will hold up to real farm and ranch work. From your comments, the TYM 700 is not holding up.
Let me ask this. How has the dealer and factory support been as you find these problems? Good dealer and factory support can make these situations a bit more bearable even though they are a PITA when your trying to get your hay baled or getting some other work done. No tractor will be perfect but timely support from both the dealer and the factory is imperative if a manufacturer wants to develop a good reputation in market they have are trying to break into.

Dealer support has been good. They replaced all 4 wheels under warranty. Dealer did say though the last one was all. There will be no more. I think we have a fix for that. We welded a plate on the wheel to thicken where it mounts and added stronger bolts. We have a fix planed for the tie rod situation too, but right now I'm using the tractor almost every day so no time to work on it. I have a good dealer and the tractor isn't horrible. I will say that I feel much better about a long life for the 6000 at 900 hours than I do about the 7010 at 500 hours. I love the cab and the 7520 engine it has plenty of power. I just wonder about the longevity of the chassis.

/ TYM T700 Out of Production! #10  
Dealer support has been good. They replaced all 4 wheels under warranty. Dealer did say though the last one was all. There will be no more. I think we have a fix for that. We welded a plate on the wheel to thicken where it mounts and added stronger bolts. We have a fix planed for the tie rod situation too, but right now I'm using the tractor almost every day so no time to work on it. I have a good dealer and the tractor isn't horrible. I will say that I feel much better about a long life for the 6000 at 900 hours than I do about the 7010 at 500 hours. I love the cab and the 7520 engine it has plenty of power. I just wonder about the longevity of the chassis.

In reading this post, are you saying you are conserned about the longevity of the TYM or Mahindra? I am considering both. Thank you.