Backhoe 273 hydraulic issues with factory backhoe

/ 273 hydraulic issues with factory backhoe #1  

km-ri

I recently purchased a TYM 273 with FEL and factor backhoe. When using the backhoe I have noticed hyd oil coming out of the breather hole of the tank cap. I swaped out the cap and it still came out. I then plugged the hole and the fluid came out the breather tube. This does not happen with the FEL. It is now with the dealer and they feel the cap was defective however I have tried 2 and had the same result.

I am waiting for the dealer to test the unit with the new cap, due tomorrow but I am not optimistic. Anyone else have this issue or thoughts on the issue? I love this machine and hope this is a fluke or simple fix.

Attachments

• tym273.jpg
    tym273.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 350
   / 273 hydraulic issues with factory backhoe #2  
did you try reversing the lines........

/ 273 hydraulic issues with factory backhoe
Funny you ask. I had read a previous post where the ownr did just that to resolve the issue. I called the dealer and suggested they try that. They called back and said it worked. They returned my machine tonight so I will give it a try in the morning.

I had asked the TYM eastern service manager about this and he had heard of this leak issue and was perplexed because it was random on these compacts. After thinking about it it makes sense, the BH is dealer installed and they have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. There is no clear indicator on how the connection should go. I will add matching colored zip ties if this works.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am new to this forum and it is one of the best information sources I have ever run across.

/ 273 hydraulic issues with factory backhoe #4  
Yes- Had that problem and still do. The dealer said to switch the lines but it didn't change anything. I finally ran the breather tube into an overflow bottle, plugged the hole in the vent cap and at the end of the day I pour the overflow back into the filler. I plan to take the unit back to the dealer in Oct and leave it there for the winter if necessary until the problem is fixed. Now---the diesel preheater has failed and the dealer has not returned my calls. I like the tractor but these "Jeez, we've never had that problem" or "I thought I called you back" responses are getting old.

/ 273 hydraulic issues with factory backhoe
Switching the lines worked well. I ran the backhoe for a few hours since and I did get a little leakage from the breather hole but the cap needs to be rotated a half turn so the bevel is oriented correctly. Your solution is a good temporary fix but I agree it is not the way you should have to run your machine. Keep me posted, the performance seems fine on my machine. I still need to contact the service repp at the "factory" to see if this fix is legit or there is a bigger issue at play. How many hrs do you have on your machine. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. My dealer was pretty good at dealing with y issue even though I gave them the fix. Good luck.

/ 273 hydraulic issues with factory backhoe #6  
Yes- Had that problem and still do. The dealer said to switch the lines but it didn't change anything. I finally ran the breather tube into an overflow bottle, plugged the hole in the vent cap and at the end of the day I pour the overflow back into the filler. I plan to take the unit back to the dealer in Oct and leave it there for the winter if necessary until the problem is fixed. Now---the diesel preheater has failed and the dealer has not returned my calls. I like the tractor but these "Jeez, we've never had that problem" or "I thought I called you back" responses are getting old.

I had a short that caused mine to stop working. A few people have had the same issue. check the fuse.

Mine was wires rubbing on the fire wall and I needed to splice/tape the wires and push them back under the firewall out of the way.

Since that no issues ...for over two years. (knock on wood)

/ 273 hydraulic issues with factory backhoe #7  
New member here. I just bought a TYM T330 tractor with loader and TB600 backhoe. Anybody ever solve the leaking out the cap problem? I have had it about a month and the backhoe has worked great until yesterday. It just does nothing. The loader still works fine so the pump is working. What would cause the backhoe to quit and the loader works? I have noticed that oil has leaked out of the cap and the level is now low. Would a low level do this?

Before when I flipped the lever under the seat to apply hydraulic pressure to the rear remote hydraulic connection (backhoe), the engine would change indicating I guess the hydraulic pump working. Now it does not do that. No change in engine sound. What does that mean? Also there are 3 positions of that lever. When released it is in the N (neutral?) position, no hydraulic pressure to the rear remote. When you pull it up and latch it in the "A" position, hydraulic pressure goes the the rear. What does pushing it down to the "B" position do?

Any help appreciated.

Ledgeclimber

/ 273 hydraulic issues with factory backhoe #8  
on my 233 it reverses the flow

/ 273 hydraulic issues with factory backhoe #9  
Ok. Although it does not have much function with a backhoe, for a rototiller attachment that runs off of the hydraulic system, if the tiller gets jammed, you could quickly reverse the flow and unjam it. Thanks ALKY.

Ledgeclimber

/ 273 hydraulic issues with factory backhoe #10  
Plug a hose into the QD for BH IN flow and place the other end in a bucket and verify flow. If no flow, then you don't have the switch in the right position.

Another reason you may not have flow is the return hose QD is uncoupled.

Do you have the hoses connected correctly?

Re-check all your QD for proper operation.