Glowplug problem on 273

/ Glowplug problem on 273 #1  

Stumpshot

I just replied to Km-Ri on his backhoe issue.
Now, The glowplug light (which has never been the brightest light in the panel) started getting dimmer, became sporadic and then just crapped out all together. The tractor will start after about 3 sets of 6 cranks each. I checked the fuse panel and everything is good. I'm more concerned about the starter and the battery than the engine.
The dealer seems to be stonewalling me and he's 4 hours away. I'm willing to install parts myself but I'd like TYM to pay for 'em since the tractor has only 170 hours on it.
Anybody been through this yet?
Stumpshot

/ Glowplug problem on 273 #2  
Just fixed a glowplug problem with my 233. The light on the dash was not coming on, or was coming on sporadically. It was nearly impossible to start. Had to jump the battery to get enough juice to crank it long enough to start. I was also worried about the battery and the starte. Fuses were fine. The dealer had TYM send me a new glowplug relay directly. I received it in 2 days and it was free of charge.

Look at the battery. The relay is bolted to the battery bracket. Unbolt the relay, pull the connector plug and replace with a new relay. It took literally one minute to do this. Now, the glowplug light comes on when I turn the key and then goes off when they are preheated-like it should. Worked like a charm.

Sounds like you have a bad dealer. My dealer is 85 miles one way and has already been out for a hydraulic leak-under warranty-so I had no issue with them mailing me the part and doing it myself.

/ Glowplug problem on 273 #3  
Mine was a chaffed wire, your sounds different? Fuse is ok I'm guessing, then the relay as suggested.
Dealers need an ear full if the machine is still under warranty. That's critical to stay in business. Email TYM and get a hold of someone higher up the food chain.
Things will move much faster once that happens.;)

I actually spoke to a rep and they asked me all kinds of questions. They seemed genuinely interested in fixing issues. I had a few issues like the muffler, the pumps mounting bracket broke making the pump leak , they sent me all the parts, but also offered to pick the machine up.
They even sent me a bag of coffee and extra filters for the hassle.

I recommend letting TYM know your dealer is peeing on your tire.:p