tym t233 ball joints

/ tym t233 ball joints #1  

tym233me

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3025E
has anyone had a problem with the ball joint boots blowing out /ripping . mine did after 70 hrs . (this was not from over greaseing).what did you find and do to prevent it

Last edited:
   / tym t233 ball joints #2  
has anyone had a problem with the ball joint boots blowing out /ripping . mine did after 70 hrs . (this was not from over greaseing).what did you find and do to prevent it

Yup happened with my 273 - both fronts. Pretty sure it happened while brushhogging in our NW himalayan blackberries. Replacement boots only cost about $0.50 a piece, but disassembling the ball joint ain't that easy. I've resorted to just greasing the whole assembly and routinely cleaning out any crap that gets into the tear in the boot.

Good luck!
P

/ tym t233 ball joints #3  
Mine tore after about 60 hours and were replaced by my TYM dealership under the bumper to bumper warranty. So far I am at 190 hours and have not tore the new ones but they are bulging. Still hold grease and keep the ball joint clean so I will leave them for now. Just giving them a single shot of grease on each side every 5 hours on the meter. Good luck...

/ tym t233 ball joints
dealer ordering new ball joints not sure who s paying .will find out when they arrive . just boots are not available . if you have a part # for just the boots let me know thanks for the help

/ tym t233 ball joints #5  

I had this pbl on both sides L and R first time at 40 hrs on my problematic T273.
Now with 64 hrs both ball dust covers are ripped. Up to now no expenses, but with a so short life time, what can I expect in future?

/ tym t233 ball joints
recieved new ball joints my expence !! not happy hope they LAST A LONG TIME

/ tym t233 ball joints #7  
   / tym t233 ball joints
my cost $120 .00 and my labor but it is done . But no transport to dealer 40 miles away .

/ tym t233 ball joints #9  
   / tym t233 ball joints #10  
I wanted to revisit this old post as the boots on my 273 have finally given out and I am looking for a solution. I don't play brush much, so I am guessing that is why it has taken nearly 300hrs before they went as opposed to some others machine.

I am still under warranty, so have any of you got this taken care of under warranty? If I can get the boot replaced or find an alternative I wonder if I could put some sort of shroud around them to protect them in the future..

Anyone know if the newer production K2 series machines have a better rubber boot system?

Last edited: