T273 -what will be next problem?

/ T273 -what will be next problem? #1  

Gondarem

Tractor
T273HST
The below text is not a joke but the most real

Last Jan 21st I bought a brand (new?) tractor S/N T273A1000076 (already 5hrs on meter) with FEL and TYM original mower deck TMB60RH. From that day on my hairs became white snow due to continuous problems appearing each time is used...

Briefly this is what was found in 2 months period:

-Hst without neutral between forward and backward causing continuous movement,(break pedal unable to stop tractor)= still waiting solution
- Fel valve block unit without floating operation, - replaced by new unit =solved
- Iron/aluminum burs inside Hst unit blocking relief and/or retain valves, - is that the full pbl?
- continuos blown 20A fuse due to electrical harness wire naked shorting frame,=solved after few hrs research
- Steering dust lattice (rotula)covers broken at 10 and 50 hrs, =waiting replacement
- Cutting deck wheels blocked due to missing lubrication neither ball bearings( for 2 times I lost front deck wheel when mowing due to spin retainer missing)=obsolete deck out of market, but sold!!!= no solution
- Deck transmission belt damaged after3 hrs usage= replaced, until next time

Seller and country representative have performed a total of 10 locally assistance without success at Hst level for a total of 40 hrs engine running on repair trials. (today hrs meter is 64 with tractor in garage due to incompliance with safety rules)= very expencive scrap...do not you all think?

Have you ever seen a so bad quality tractor with, let me say, 20 hours on duty in 9 months period ?

/ T273 -what will be next problem? #2  
I've learned to always put my transmission in neutral when parking because of the forward/rearward creep of the Hst.

From my posts you can probably see I am not a real happy TYM/LITW owner.
Only my dealer has tried to help me with the significant problems I am having, but all to no avail.
I would have 'gladly' paid more than twice to have a JD that works 'and' has local support, than to have this $18K that I got a weeks worth of work out of, sitting idle in my equip. shed!!

/ T273 -what will be next problem? #3  
The below text is not a joke but the most real

Last Jan 21st I bought a brand (new?) tractor S/N T273A1000076 (already 5hrs on meter) with FEL and TYM original mower deck TMB60RH. From that day on my hairs became white snow due to continuous problems appearing each time is used...

Briefly this is what was found in 2 months period:

-Hst without neutral between forward and backward causing continuous movement,(break pedal unable to stop tractor)= still waiting solution
- Fel valve block unit without floating operation, - replaced by new unit =solved
- Iron/aluminum burs inside Hst unit blocking relief and/or retain valves, - is that the full pbl?
- continuos blown 20A fuse due to electrical harness wire naked shorting frame,=solved after few hrs research
- Steering dust lattice (rotula)covers broken at 10 and 50 hrs, =waiting replacement
- Cutting deck wheels blocked due to missing lubrication neither ball bearings( for 2 times I lost front deck wheel when mowing due to spin retainer missing)=obsolete deck out of market, but sold!!!= no solution
- Deck transmission belt damaged after3 hrs usage= replaced, until next time

Seller and country representative have performed a total of 10 locally assistance without success at Hst level for a total of 40 hrs engine running on repair trials. (today hrs meter is 64 with tractor in garage due to incompliance with safety rules)= very expencive scrap...do not you all think?

Have you ever seen a so bad quality tractor with, let me say, 20 hours on duty in 9 months period ?

It certainly does sound like you have had more issues than most other 273 owners. Yes some are the same as have been reported, but you have reported a few new ones too.

I hope you will stick around and share your experience in getting your machine back to good working order and don't just vent here.

On the HST moving when in gear, there is a section in the service manual that shows how to adjust this. I have attached the pdf section so you can try it. FYI- I did this last year and it worked for quite awhile but is lurching again so it is time to re-adjust I guess.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Attachments

• adjustHydroPedalT273.pdf
    102.9 KB · Views: 695
   / T273 -what will be next problem? #4  
I've learned to always put my transmission in neutral when parking because of the forward/rearward creep of the Hst.

Only my dealer has tried to help me with the significant problems I am having, but all to no avail.
I would have 'gladly' paid more than twice to have a JD that works 'and' has local support, than to have this $18K POS that I got a weeks worth of work out of, sitting idle in my equip. shed!!

Have you tried the hydro pedal adjustment?

I understand your frustration with the LITW backhoe, so not sure why that makes you an unhappy TYM owner. I guess if you would gladly pay double then you should really take up your dealers offer to get a TYM backhoe. Most people wish their dealer would treat them with such customer service. Letting it sit in your shed is just going to make you mad each time you look at it!

/ T273 -what will be next problem? #5  
Next time I have the chance (and the proper demeanor) I'll try doing the pedal adjustment.
Thanks for the tip.

Yeah ... my frustration with this 'is' showing through .......... my apologies.

I have always maintained that Steve at Valley View has been very accommodating, as he certainly has.
And although I'm more than just a bit gun-shy to spend any more money for shipping (or etc.) on it, I may get back to trying to track down what seems to be a back-pressure problem that is looking likely as the culprit, possibly being caused by a blockage in the return line someplace. (??)

But, in all honesty ..... had I known I would have ended up here (in a position of very little confidence in either TYM or LITW) I certainly would have bought the JD.
Hopefully that sounds a little less hot headed and more "Gee I sincerely wish I had'a .......". <sheepish grin>

It's not just the additional money for shipping both ways and incremental costs for the TYM hoe option, it's the uncertainty that more money (for a replacement LITW 'or' TYM hoe and two way shipping/trailor rental and gas/time) won't result in anything different than what has already been happening, after each replacement of the parts that have been put into it under the guidance of my dealer.
IOW: the lack of conviction that the issue is with the LITW, is my 'expert' dealer's, not just mine.
Hence one of his his offer to just bypass the TYM tractor, and go to a PTO pump and tank (that he offered at cost + shipping) which is no guarantee it will fix the problem (if in the LITW) nor is replacing the hoe with 'any' mfg's unit (if in the TYM tractor).

So .... no option has any guaranty it will fix the problem ........ the only hard fact is that it will lighten my wallet with the very real possibility of causing me further undue worry-ation. :-(

I'm sure if I had the talents of many of you I would have had it fixed long ago ....... but even though I almost certainly don't, I'll go ahead and keep plugging away at it.
Well ............... that is when I can look at it without all the anger and such. ;-)

I may also see if I can find a local "any brand tractor/hydraluc systems repair dude" that can give me a quote to trouble shoot it.
That's actually probably my best bet ........

Best regards,

Gary

/ T273 -what will be next problem?

I would have 'gladly' paid more than twice to have a JD that works 'and' has local support, than to have this $18K POS that I got a weeks worth of work out of, sitting idle in my equip. shed!!

Thanks Flyer91 for your reply. Your problem on BH seems "usual" and it depends on person who have assemble the tube joins(probably on holidays eve...)( I have read it in another thread). I had the same on FEL with unappropriate tight of junction nuts. Believe that it is a minor pbl and you can fix it yourself it you have tools. Any way that kind of malfunctions make us think we lost our money.
My case is a safety fault and that is enought to claim the defect on waranty period- what seems not be accepted by TYM korea not answering to complains emails. -see more detalis on my comments to MYYAZ33

It certainly does sound like you have had more issues than most other 273 owners. Yes some are the same as have been reported, but you have reported a few new ones too.

I hope you will stick around and share your experience in getting your machine back to good working order and don't just vent here.

On the HST moving when in gear, there is a section in the service manual that shows how to adjust this. I have attached the pdf section so you can try it. FYI- I did this last year and it worked for quite awhile but is lurching again so it is time to re-adjust I guess.

Good luck, keep us posted.

The points I have shown are only a part of pbls... Meantime, battery was replaced two times due wrong analysis made by oficial country TYM representative (note that Iエm not in USA but Europe where waranty laws are more tight and we are forced to use titles (like cars) on tractors allowing to drive on roads. I was saying wrong analysis because failing to start engine was missing batterie minus cable to engine block. Without electrical minus connection, the power was conducted through rubber engine blocks which conductivity is limited and temporary and major issued is to conduct static electricity generated by engine moving parts not 400Amp pick for starting.
Also too high engine vibrations causing exaust muffler to break, at neck level, after 5 hours usage. Bizarre!!! Once replaced by new model Tym P/N 13151035001 pbl was solved but not completly, as vibrations are still there due to wrong fix point of exaust tip attached to tractor frame and not engine block.
Concerning HST adjust you are correct but under guarrantie periode it is strictly forbidden to perform any type of touch. I have full piece part catalogue so I can explain what is the pbl -thanks anyway for your link(if you need some other from me just ask)-part 27 arme/cam concave part side was damaged not allowing roller ball (19) be housed on concave. (this adjust is critical and needs to be replaced in full instead of been refibushed with grinder. So, this is the heart of pbl for which Tym does not have spare parts in Europe
Another issued is that TYM is selling odl tractor built 2006 as brand new like manuf in 2008 - this the 2nd case I know-my case and another reported in this forum. It is not a honest business.

/ T273 -what will be next problem? #8  
Mine has creeped since new. I just tap on the pedal it stops every time first time. I also greased the snot out of the unit itself. I have not tried adjusting it , but will thanks to the post above. ;)

I cannot stress enough to drain the fluids in this machine after a short REALLY short period of time NOT 50 hours either , try 20 or 10. My drain plugs were coated with metal particles.

Almost any new machine will have these issues , if not pre-run , these ARE NOT pre run. As for JD , good luck my local dealer hates the new ones. He used one for a rental for a month and he wished he never allowed anyone on it. Not sure how indicative that is , or a one tractor deal, but I don't think so , he said repairs are way up.

So my machine now has over 100 hours -quite a few more- and since the initial issues first 50hours- it has been flawless for the last 50+hours. Well cept the creep , but thats simple -tap quickly on the pedal- and it stops. This could be an easy fix , but I'm not touching it till warranty period is over.
Adjusting it , yeah.

On the muffler I used an old radiator -rubber grommet - sits at the bottom of Toyota radiators to make a new rubber mounting point for my muffler no issues since. The factory mount is a 10 hours at most unit. Just make up a new one. Simple really or use any hard rubber mounts like sway bar mounts or whatever thats known to handle vibration well.

My boots have held up fine too. I would make a guard for them if you are in the woods a lot. Haven't looked at it long enough to design one though.

We should start a thread with known issues for new owners. MAKE IT A STICKY- Do they have stickys here?

Muffler :check
Fuel bracket: check
Wire chafing :check
HST creep:check
Drain plug holes mis-aligned: check
Boots: not on mine...so far?
Paint:check

I can honestly say its been super since then and I can also say its been used like I stole it.

Flyer91 - I feel for you. I don't think you should post all negative until the hoe is sorted out. I understand your pain though. If I lived closer I'd certainly take a peek at it.

Does anyone local have a machine you can try the hoe out on? That also might work if you eliminate your machine. If it doesn't blow seals , it's your machine, if it does, well there you go. Here it seems all my neighbors have a tractor of some sort. Within a mile radius two MF and two Kubota's also a couple others of green and blue descent.

My rubber mat was a PITA too. I just used bed liner spray for that worked GREAT. I also used it in and around the cockpit area to stop wear on paint. I used a black gloss spray paint over the bed spray to tidy it up. Also did the bottom of the machine where I could get at. Especially the axles and any gray painted areas. I took out the screen for radiator and painted the screen and the battery box too. I also painted the clips for the grill to stop them from rust.
All in all it took me a half day +/- to shore up everything to my standards.

/ T273 -what will be next problem? #9  
For you guys with 'creepy' HST units, do the adjustment. It takes about 5 minutes and will fix the problem. It won't void the warranty per my dealer. Just don't do it with the unit running and make very small adjustments when turning the nut. It won't take much.

For the leaky hydro fluid with the non TYM bh, if it is frame mounted make a very good inspection of the lines that run along underneath the tractor. They are very close to the frame mount for the bh and could easily be dented/crushed when removing/replacing the bh.

For you guys with 'creepy' HST units, do the adjustment. It takes about 5 minutes and will fix the problem. It won't void the warranty per my dealer. Just don't do it with the unit running and make very small adjustments when turning the nut. It won't take much.
QUOTE]

You are right when suggesting adjust Hst unit...when viable!
In my T273 it has been performed 4 times, in 6 months time, by TYM Importer/representative without success (note that tentative repair was not done by dealer what denotes that Tym is aware of defects on previous production).Time spent for each "trial on error" by technician was 4 to 5 hours per visit. Dont you all think it is too much time for a distance of 200 miles?

Two opinions can be sorted out: or technician does not have skills or tractor has no reliability. Last visit, on July 7th, was done by other guy and he could not solve too. What last? Poor reliability on this machine! - dont you agree?

These forums are profitable allowing us exchange ideas and help new owners to think before paying. Ones should take care on what is posted as it can be later claimed by manufacturer and/or law.

Someone said that we should wright also good thinks. I have decide to go to TYM as it match my needs as medium chassis: type of land from grass to forest with fruit trees and winewards. Kubota (BXxxx) is to short in tire size and JD toooo expensive in Europe and miss assistance.

Time goes on and I didnエt give up yet.