TYM 903 Update

/ TYM 903 Update #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
For those interested, I thought I would provide an update on my experience with the 903 cab tractor by TYM.

Rating: Thumbs up.Overall, A+.

You might want to visit my post on TYM in the barn for my thoughts at 12hrs.

I now have about 90 hours on the tractor and used it to bail hay and mow this summer.

The engine ran like a top, no problems, plenty of power, very smooth, very little vibration, A+.

Traction on my hills pulling bailer and 15ft batwing, A+. Again, plenty of power, transmission with 32 gears gives plenty of power options and speeds. Took some time to learn how to work it the best, but very happy with it.

3pt hitch with outside switch is great. Verdict still out on the ball system they use on the 3pt lift arms. Have attached my rear bail spear and it works fine, but the system was designed for implements that have pins on them and you slide the ball of the 3pt over it, and then drop the pin in. On my bail spear, there are two tabs on each side that you slide a pin through and through the ball on a traditional three point. The ball attachement does not work so good on it because it is designed to slide on a stationary pin on the implement. I think they make just a ball as on the top link, but I don't have those. Give this system a B for now.

Inside controls, location and ease of use, A. The hand throttle is a little stiff to use and the link pin came off rendering the hand throttle useless during an all day bailing effort. Foot and leg were tired that day and makes keeping the rpms up on the bailing process difficult. No big deal to fix. Other than that, very nice.

Airconditioner, F. One of the main reasons I got the tractor was to get the cab and air. The air worked for the first few hours, then worked on and off. Dealer did not have a clue on how to work on air. I took it to mechanic, recharged, worked for a day, then nothing. Since my dealer had no clue what to do, he contacted TYM and so did I. Their service person at TYM was on top of it, very nice, and worked quickly to get the parts needed. He said, what ever I wanted to do to get it fixed, he would take care of it. So, I contacted another dealer further away, they came and picked it up and got it fixed. It appears it was a switch on the top of the cab where the evaporator is located which regulates the temp. TYM had a whole new unit shipped directly from Korea, fans, evaporator, switch, etc., installed the next day, and delivered back to my farm the day after. It took a few days to get the parts here due to a holiday in Korea, but I give them an A+. Of course, now cold weather is here and the air is working great. Also makes it a little tough to check, but seems to be working well. Heat has never been a problem. So even though I was x$#* them in the hot heat this summer with the cab closed to keep it clean, they took care of it, so A+ now.

Mirrors, B-. They don't fit real well and tend to move around. TYM needs to change that design.

Lights, A+. Plenty of them, bright, and can direct them where you want.

Cab comfort(-air issue), A+. Very little noise. In fact, when I get out of the cab with 540 rpm running bailer, I am shocked at how much noise there is. Great open cab, easy to see. Radio/cd player great! Seat excellent! Effort less to drive, w/ reverser a dream. High low in every gear at push of button, A+.

Wheel centers on front were replaced by dealer. Thicker and stronger. No problems with either set.

Clutch, B+. It is getting better with break in, but at first, it was very difficult to ease forward or backward when loading hay, or backing to hook up. The clutch would grab and lurch the tractor.

Fuel consumption, A+. Was very efficient on fuel usage. Fuel gauge, like eveyother tractor I have owned, never seems to want to indicate full. It uses more fuel than my Mahindra 6000, but not much. With the added features and power, thats fine with me.

I am very happy with the tractor and with TYM. Kenneth, if you read this, you have made TYM the correct purchase for me and your boss should be glad they have you!

If you are in Ohio and interested in a TYM, let me know and I can get you to a good dealer.

Hope forum readers find this helpful.

/ TYM 903 Update #2  
Good to hear you're satisfied! I wish I had a TYM dealer close to check one of these out. Not to mention for parts on the 7010. Hopefully I will make it to the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville and look over both the TYM 903 and Mahindra's new 8560 cab. The C 3pt setup has grown on me. I sawed the ears off the balls that came with the 7010. TYM offers the balls without the ears for the T700/7010 so I'm sure they do for the 903.

/ TYM 903 Update
Right. I have one on the top link and sure if I got two more they would work for the lift arms.

/ TYM 903 Update #4  
For those interested, I thought I would provide an update on my experience with the 903 cab tractor by TYM.

Rating: Thumbs up.Overall, A+.

You might want to visit my post on TYM in the barn for my thoughts at 12hrs.

I now have about 90 hours on the tractor and used it to bail hay and mow this summer.

The engine ran like a top, no problems, plenty of power, very smooth, very little vibration, A+.

Traction on my hills pulling bailer and 15ft batwing, A+. Again, plenty of power, transmission with 32 gears gives plenty of power options and speeds. Took some time to learn how to work it the best, but very happy with it.

3pt hitch with outside switch is great. Verdict still out on the ball system they use on the 3pt lift arms. Have attached my rear bail spear and it works fine, but the system was designed for implements that have pins on them and you slide the ball of the 3pt over it, and then drop the pin in. On my bail spear, there are two tabs on each side that you slide a pin through and through the ball on a traditional three point. The ball attachement does not work so good on it because it is designed to slide on a stationary pin on the implement. I think they make just a ball as on the top link, but I don't have those. Give this system a B for now.

Inside controls, location and ease of use, A. The hand throttle is a little stiff to use and the link pin came off rendering the hand throttle useless during an all day bailing effort. Foot and leg were tired that day and makes keeping the rpms up on the bailing process difficult. No big deal to fix. Other than that, very nice.

Airconditioner, F. One of the main reasons I got the tractor was to get the cab and air. The air worked for the first few hours, then worked on and off. Dealer did not have a clue on how to work on air. I took it to mechanic, recharged, worked for a day, then nothing. Since my dealer had no clue what to do, he contacted TYM and so did I. Their service person at TYM was on top of it, very nice, and worked quickly to get the parts needed. He said, what ever I wanted to do to get it fixed, he would take care of it. So, I contacted another dealer further away, they came and picked it up and got it fixed. It appears it was a switch on the top of the cab where the evaporator is located which regulates the temp. TYM had a whole new unit shipped directly from Korea, fans, evaporator, switch, etc., installed the next day, and delivered back to my farm the day after. It took a few days to get the parts here due to a holiday in Korea, but I give them an A+. Of course, now cold weather is here and the air is working great. Also makes it a little tough to check, but seems to be working well. Heat has never been a problem. So even though I was x$#* them in the hot heat this summer with the cab closed to keep it clean, they took care of it, so A+ now.

Mirrors, B-. They don't fit real well and tend to move around. TYM needs to change that design.

Lights, A+. Plenty of them, bright, and can direct them where you want.

Cab comfort(-air issue), A+. Very little noise. In fact, when I get out of the cab with 540 rpm running bailer, I am shocked at how much noise there is. Great open cab, easy to see. Radio/cd player great! Seat excellent! Effort less to drive, w/ reverser a dream. High low in every gear at push of button, A+.

Wheel centers on front were replaced by dealer. Thicker and stronger. No problems with either set.

Clutch, B+. It is getting better with break in, but at first, it was very difficult to ease forward or backward when loading hay, or backing to hook up. The clutch would grab and lurch the tractor.

Fuel consumption, A+. Was very efficient on fuel usage. Fuel gauge, like eveyother tractor I have owned, never seems to want to indicate full. It uses more fuel than my Mahindra 6000, but not much. With the added features and power, thats fine with me.

I am very happy with the tractor and with TYM. Kenneth, if you read this, you have made TYM the correct purchase for me and your boss should be glad they have you!

If you are in Ohio and interested in a TYM, let me know and I can get you to a good dealer.

Hope forum readers find this helpful.

Thanks for the report, Slippy. I was hoping you let us know how the 903 was working out. Sounds like you got the appropriate support for the problems you had and you have a good dealer. We'll expect further reports as you accumulate more hours.

/ TYM 903 Update
Actually, my dealer was of little help other than to help get me in touch with TYM. Another TYM dealer was kind enough to step in and take care of the problem. My original dealer is very nice, but just does not have the mechanical staff to take care of things outside routine issues.

/ TYM 903 Update #6  
Slippy, good of you to give a review on the 903. I feel that these reviews really help out people that are considering a purchase of these machines. :D I know that there were few to none on the bigger tractors back when I bought my 7520. :(

I hope that the 903 continues to work well for you.;)

/ TYM 903 Update
I actually want to correct something on the review. This tractor does not actually have a clutch in the traditional sense. They are actually clutch packs that are activated through hydraulics. Never had one apart and don't know much about them. For what its worth.
Thanks.